No announcement yet.

Official Pro Day Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Everyone Shhhhhhhhhhhh on Durham. Gosh.

How about that Murray kid at QB ay? What a Drew Brees wannabe...I see decent things for him in the future.

Comment

• The main question about Durham is durability. I like him, but worry he won't be able to stay healthy.

Comment

• eh, the only big thing was the shoulder injury from what I remember. He hurt his ankle a few times but its not that big of a concern. He was a late bloomer and didn't fill out his frame until later in his career, dude was like 180 pounds for a while. He weighed in at 217 recently, hes got the speed to where he won't be just a possession receiver going across the middle getting the snot knocked out of him.

As far as Aaron Murray being a Brees wannabe, hes going to have to work on hitting guys in stride first. He really hung Durham out to dry on that play where he had 3 guys covering him, not many receivers make the catch.

Comment

• NEVADA Pro Day write-up

For those who care, here is a write-up about NEVADA's pro day. It is the NEVADA homer/fan site so take it for what it is worth.

NEVADA's Pro Day

Here Kaepernick unofficial write-up by Evan Silva

Comment

• Durham does have alot of injuries he has never made it though a full season healthy and was redshirted all of last year bc on a inj. He also has only produced one year. I watched him play in high school and im cheering for him, but is a 6th r 7th round draft pick. Lots of people here want the falcons to draft him and take over Brian Finneran's role.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
              What did Nate Irving run?
              NCSU pro-day is @ 11am today. I will let you know what I hear.

Originally posted by Morgan Freeman
              Titty sprinkles

Comment

• Originally posted by georgiafan View Post
                Durham does have alot of injuries he has never made it though a full season healthy and was redshirted all of last year bc on a inj. He also has only produced one year. I watched him play in high school and im cheering for him, but is a 6th r 7th round draft pick. Lots of people here want the falcons to draft him and take over Brian Finneran's role.

Durham could actually be a deep threat though, Finneran was not a real vertical threat. Durham probably won't go any higher than the 5th but his value is would not be that of a slot guy but a compliment to a good number 1 receiver and a guy who could stretch the field.

This size/speed ratio for Durham has to make him an enticing player for some team but liek you stated, the injury history is worrisome.

Comment

• Originally posted by ncst8fan83 View Post
                  NCSU pro-day is @ 11am today. I will let you know what I hear.
                  Nice. It's about time. Keep me posted, I've been looking forward to this for awhile.

Comment

• Jerrell Powe did well at the Ole Miss pro day. Ravens, Chiefs, and Bronco are among the teams looking at him the hardest he said.

Comment

Nice. It's about time. Keep me posted, I've been looking forward to this for awhile.
                      So far the only thing out is 27 reps on the bench. I'll update this post as I hear more.

Unofficial 4.65 40. Weighed in at 242 with very little body fat.

For those interested:
                      Jake Vermiglio - 323#, 28.5" vert, 23 bench,
                      Jarvis Williams - 6'4", 213#, 33" vert, 10' broad, 7 bench

From Derek Medlin:
                      Nate's 40 time is, of course, unofficial. In his two runs I saw numbers anywhere from 4.62 to 4.74 so I would assume he's somewhere in that 4.65 to 4.7 range. Nate has to be pleased with that. He weighed in at 242, had a 33.5" vertical, 8'11" broad jump and did 27 reps of 225 on the bench press (tied with Mageo for most reps on the team).
                      Last edited by ncst8fan83; 03-23-2011, 02:14 PM.

Titty sprinkles

Comment

• Originally posted by georgiafan View Post
                        Durham does have alot of injuries he has never made it though a full season healthy and was redshirted all of last year bc on a inj. He also has only produced one year. I watched him play in high school and im cheering for him, but is a 6th r 7th round draft pick. Lots of people here want the falcons to draft him and take over Brian Finneran's role.
                        didnt he pretty much play all of last year? I know he missed Idaho St, but Im sure if that were a competitive team he wouldve played. I think he was recovering from a big hit/bruised lung from a UF player, he was still on the light side coming into the year, I think 203 and used too much as a going across the middle guy. His game should be more vertical, I mean hes not afraid to go across the middle, and it shouldn't be a problem now that he is 217 but he is better utilized a different way.

And why would Falcons fans want them, didnt they just draft Kerry Meier or that role? He had a knee injury but is coming back just as strong. I swear some fans look at draft prospects like they are new toys, always wanting to replace someone on the roster if he hasn't contributed or developed right away. Finnernan/Meier are the possession receiver types that just get the tough catches in traffic. Durham can do that, but his skillset is better for like a number 2 role, more stretching the field, which his 4.4 speed shows, not to mention he averaged 20 yards per catch in the SEC.

Comment

• Originally posted by batsandgats View Post
                          didnt he pretty much play all of last year? I know he missed Idaho St, but Im sure if that were a competitive team he wouldve played. I think he was recovering from a big hit/bruised lung from a UF player, he was still on the light side coming into the year, I think 203 and used too much as a going across the middle guy. His game should be more vertical, I mean hes not afraid to go across the middle, and it shouldn't be a problem now that he is 217 but he is better utilized a different way.

And why would Falcons fans want them, didnt they just draft Kerry Meier or that role? He had a knee injury but is coming back just as strong. I swear some fans look at draft prospects like they are new toys, always wanting to replace someone on the roster if he hasn't contributed or developed right away. Finnernan/Meier are the possession receiver types that just get the tough catches in traffic. Durham can do that, but his skillset is better for like a number 2 role, more stretching the field, which his 4.4 speed shows, not to mention he averaged 20 yards per catch in the SEC.
                          He doesnt look like a 4.4 guy on film and i dont think he's all that quick off the line and in his cuts. Riley Cooper might be a good comparison but dont think Durham is near as good as Coop.

Comment

• Originally posted by ncst8fan83 View Post
                            So far the only thing out is 27 reps on the bench. I'll update this post as I hear more.

Unofficial 4.65 40. Weighed in at 242 with very little body fat.

For those interested:
                            Jake Vermiglio - 323#, 28.5" vert, 23 bench,
                            Jarvis Williams - 6'4", 213#, 33" vert, 10' broad, 7 bench

From Derek Medlin:
                            Nate's 40 time is, of course, unofficial. In his two runs I saw numbers anywhere from 4.62 to 4.74 so I would assume he's somewhere in that 4.65 to 4.7 range. Nate has to be pleased with that. He weighed in at 242, had a 33.5" vertical, 8'11" broad jump and did 27 reps of 225 on the bench press (tied with Mageo for most reps on the team).
                            Nice. That 40 is what I needed to see. He's a guy I offiicially want.

Comment

Nice. That 40 is what I needed to see. He's a guy I offiicially want.
                              That was run on grass and in cleats by the way. Thought that should be mentioned. They do NCSU's pro day on the practice fields, which has no track around it.

Titty sprinkles

Comment

• Nate Irving will hopefully be a Steeler.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information