Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official Pro Day Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Babylon View Post
    He doesnt look like a 4.4 guy on film and i dont think he's all that quick off the line and in his cuts. Riley Cooper might be a good comparison but dont think Durham is near as good as Coop.
    looks like he has 4.4 speed to me, he gets separation easy against SEC defenders, but pretty much every time he has to slow down or practically stop and adjust. There was only one play on that highlight where he didn't have to slow down and got caught, it was over 50 yards for the play, 4.4 in the 40 means exactly that, 40 yards in 4.4 seconds. Most taller guys don't look quick off the line, they are long striders. He has to work on his route running but he has more potential than Cooper if he can manage to stay healthy. His hands are better imo and I think can adjust to the pro game a lil faster coming from Georgia's pro style system rather than what Urban Meyer was running at UF.

    Comment


    • Kellen Moore's backup Mike Coughlin supposedly opened alot of eyes at Boise St.'s proday and generated alot of buzz - Perhaps he will be the next Matt Cassel. He has real good size at 6'4 220lbs:

      http://www.broncosports.com/ViewArti...&ATCLID=520502

      Comment


      • Originally posted by batsandgats View Post
        looks like he has 4.4 speed to me, he gets separation easy against SEC defenders, but pretty much every time he has to slow down or practically stop and adjust. There was only one play on that highlight where he didn't have to slow down and got caught, it was over 50 yards for the play, 4.4 in the 40 means exactly that, 40 yards in 4.4 seconds. Most taller guys don't look quick off the line, they are long striders. He has to work on his route running but he has more potential than Cooper if he can manage to stay healthy. His hands are better imo and I think can adjust to the pro game a lil faster coming from Georgia's pro style system rather than what Urban Meyer was running at UF.
        To me he looks a little slow out of his cuts and at the NFL level that will not get him open much. I'm all for the guy doing well as i like the Bulldogs but let's just say i'm a little skeptical. I dont see him in the same class as Cooper as far as going after the football.

        Comment


        • Texas Pro Day:

          WR John Chiles with a 39.5 vert and 40 times of 4.46 and 4.42

          CB Chykie Brown with 4.47 and 4.45 40s

          CB Aaron Williams ran a 4.36 40

          TE Greg Smith with a 4.7 40 and 39.5-inch vert.

          Comment


          • Holy piss Aaron Williams is fast. #3 CB for sure.
            I also like John Chiles, he's got dope elusiveness
            GO RAVENS

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Fico View Post
              Texas Pro Day:

              WR John Chiles with a 39.5 vert and 40 times of 4.46 and 4.42

              CB Chykie Brown with 4.47 and 4.45 40s

              CB Aaron Williams ran a 4.36 40

              TE Greg Smith with a 4.7 40 and 39.5-inch vert.
              These are twitter updates by the way.

              Acho (6-1 , 259 pounds) stood on everything at the combine.

              Comment


              • I'm not buying it Aaron Williams. You looked stiff and slow on your tape and at the combine.

                The eye in the sky doesn't lie. I like him, but he's not my #3 CB. Brandon Harris is.

                Comment


                • CB Curtis Brown with a 4.40 40

                  Timing quick today.

                  Comment


                  • AW from Gil Brandt at Texas Pro Day:

                    Williams (6-0 1/8, 201) ran 4.44 in the 40. I'd say that is more accurate.

                    More from Brant:

                    Acho (6-1 , 259 pounds) stood on everything at the combine.

                    Chykie Brown (5-11 5/8, 191) ran 4.40 and 4.37 seconds in the 40, had a 39-inch vertical, and stood on everything else from the combine.

                    Curtis Brown (5-11 5/8, 183) ran 4.40 in the 40.

                    G Mike Huey (6-4, 304) ran 5.16 and 5.18 40s, to go with a 33 -inch vertical and 9-5 broad.

                    TE Greg Smith (6-4 1/8, 245) ran 4.78 and 4.83 40s and had a 39-inch vertical.

                    link: http://blogs.nfl.com/2011/03/29/stee...e=HP_spotlight
                    Last edited by Fico; 03-29-2011, 12:54 PM.

                    Comment


                    • University of Washington's pro day will be on espn3.com starting at 2pm et for anyone interested in watching.

                      Comment


                      • According to Lombardi on NFL Network, pro scouts and GM's rate Texas's track as unbelievably fast and never use their pro day times as reliable.
                        Texas players will have to stand on their Combine times.
                        And proud of it!!!

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by FuzzyGopher View Post
                          University of Washington's pro day will be on espn3.com starting at 2pm et for anyone interested in watching.
                          Thank God they have an indoor facility the weather sucks around here.

                          About an hour in before the first referance to Locker as a safety in the NFL. At least it wasnt as an H-back. Pardon me while i go hurl.

                          Locker wont run the 40. Really no need to. Mason Foster's 40 if under 4.7 i think could make him some money.

                          Radio guys speculate how Locker could be a huge threat in the Wildcat while he learns the system in his first year for an NFL team.


                          5.0 for Mason Foster in the 40, not buying that time since he was a 4.75 at the combine, hopefully he'll better that.

                          4.67 for Foster's second 40, whew. That is more realistic for the way he plays.

                          Jake's dad Scott is a cool guy. Works as a drywaller so you arent getting some kid who was born with a silver spoon in his mouth. Lunch pail types i love.
                          Last edited by Babylon; 03-30-2011, 02:27 PM.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Iamcanadian View Post
                            According to Lombardi on NFL Network, pro scouts and GM's rate Texas's track as unbelievably fast and never use their pro day times as reliable.
                            Texas players will have to stand on their Combine times.
                            Lombardi is a tool. As is Casserly.

                            The track my be faster than Indy, but it is not considered a "fast" track. Texas does not have a history of guys blowing their combine times out of the water.

                            Sure they ran a bit faster but that is to be expected at any Pro Day. It is a familiar, friendly environment that is conducive to helping performance numbers. If teams wanted to discredit their pro day times they wouldn't have been there timing them in first place.

                            This is all supplemental information anyway. The real due diligence is done on the game tape the players put up over their careers.

                            Comment


                            • Locker had a good pro day workout - went 40-42

                              Also heard Pat Kirwan and Jim Miller talking him up saying his major issue was his footwork which is a correctable flaw. Both seemed to think his performance really helped and were talking him up to the Redskins at 10.

                              Comment


                              • USC Pro Day numbers

                                Here were the official results provided by the USC Sports Information office:

                                40 times (first time listed is best electronic time, second number is best hand-held time.

                                David Ausberry - 4.46/4.50
                                Allen Bradford - 4.65/4.54
                                Jurrell Casey - 5.04/5.04
                                Omari Crittendon- 4.74/4.69
                                CJ Gable - 4.61/4.59
                                Zack Heberer - 5.09/5.10
                                Ronald Johnson. - 4.49/4.49
                                Butch Lewis - 5.12/5.09
                                Michael Morgan - 4.47/4.49
                                Mitch Mustain - 4.90.4.93
                                Derek Simmons -5.17/5.19
                                Malcolm Smith - 4.51/4.45
                                Tyron Smith - 5.00/4.93

                                Bench press, 225 lbs, # of reps

                                Ausberry - 23
                                Heberer - 38
                                Lewis - 31
                                T. Smith -31
                                Johnson -20
                                M. Smith - 28
                                Morgan - 28
                                Simmons - 29
                                Mustain - 18
                                Gable - 22

                                Unofficial 20-yard shuttle times

                                Morgan. -4.45
                                M. Smith - 4.62
                                Wright - 4.32
                                Gable - 4.67
                                Johnson -4.29

                                Unofficial 60-yard shuttle times

                                Gable - 12.27
                                Johnson -11.30
                                Wright - 11.60
                                M. Smith - 11.93
                                Bradford - 11.70
                                Morgan. - 12.40 (with a slip)
                                http://wearesc.com/news/story.php?article=4220 and also http://usctrojans.cstv.com/blog/2011...-40-times.html and http://usctrojans.cstv.com/blog/2011...nch-press.html
                                Casey and Ronald Johnson ran about the same times as at the combine and Bradford's electronic time was a little slower. Ausberry, Smith and Morgan's times were really good (and appear to be accurate since the 3 combine participants' times were about the same or slower than at the combine). With that said Ausberry and Morgan are not very good football players and are therefore a real long shot to get drafted. Malcolm Smith on the other hand may have boosted his stock a bit. He actually made some plays when he was healthy.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information