Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SolidGold View Post
    Locker had a good pro day workout - went 40-42

Also heard Pat Kirwan and Jim Miller talking him up saying his major issue was his footwork which is a correctable flaw. Both seemed to think his performance really helped and were talking him up to the Redskins at 10.
    Sarkisian sort of leaked it out that there are two teams that are very interested and from what i can piece together it's Tennessee and Jacksonville. That may be nothing more than an opinion so take it for what it's worth.

I thought the throwing session went well. A couple of the medium range throws the receviers had to extend to make the catch but overall i think Locker answered any question there may be about footwork and accuracy. Ironically the two balls that receivers didnt catch were nice balls in the 60 yd range that they just couldnt get to.

Comment

• Shareece Wright may be badly injured on his pro day
      Shareece Wright/CB/USC was injured @pro-day. His foot was caught during one of the drills and Wright said he heard something go "pop"
      Awful. I hope the kid recovers.

Comment

• ^
        hope Wright is ok he's a heck of a competitior.

Most everyone was impressed with Locker's pro day, scripted as it was. Almost everyone except Charley Casserly and Mike Lombardi who are steadfast that Locker is nothing more than a 3rd or 4th round pick. I'm having a hard time understanding their claims that Gabbert is a top 5 pick and Locker somehow a bum, maybe it's me but put these guys out to pasture, the sooner the better.

Comment

• Originally posted by TailbackU View Post
          Casey and Ronald Johnson ran about the same times as at the combine and Bradford's electronic time was a little slower. Ausberry, Smith and Morgan's times were really good (and appear to be accurate since the 3 combine participants' times were about the same or slower than at the combine). With that said Ausberry and Morgan are not very good football players and are therefore a real long shot to get drafted. Malcolm Smith on the other hand may have boosted his stock a bit. He actually made some plays when he was healthy.
          Thanks for sharing that!

Tyron Smith to the Cowboys. Lock and load.

Comment

• From USC Athletic department twitter:

After initial medical evaluation, no apparent ligament damage to Shareece Wright's left knee. Appears to be pulled hamstring.
            Hopefully that's all it is.

Comment

• Originally posted by Babylon View Post
              ^
              hope Wright is ok he's a heck of a competitior.

Most everyone was impressed with Locker's pro day, scripted as it was. Almost everyone except Charley Casserly and Mike Lombardi who are steadfast that Locker is nothing more than a 3rd or 4th round pick. I'm having a hard time understanding their claims that Gabbert is a top 5 pick and Locker somehow a bum, maybe it's me but put these guys out to pasture, the sooner the better.
              Your right, they did scouting and decision making on the draft for pro teams, for years, for real, so their opinion isn't worth much, oh yeah, they check out their claims with their friends around the league who are GM's and pro scouts, but what does that matter.
              If you want to say they aren't perfect, well then, I agree with you, but to say their opinions don't count seems foolish to me.

It is clear to me that Locker is dropping, he isn't accurate, pure and simple, and that is an extremely hard area to improve at after you are drafted. They questioned his leadership abilities, and why, say against Nebraska, a 1st round QB prospect would only complete his 1st pass in the 3rd quarter.
              Of course as with Tebow last year, it just takes one decision maker to prove everybody wrong.
              And proud of it!!!

Comment

• Here's some photos from USC's Pro Day: http://wearesc.com/extras/gallery.php?id=63

Tyron Smith looks so much bigger than when he was at SC.

Comment

• Originally posted by Iamcanadian View Post
                  Your right, they did scouting and decision making on the draft for pro teams, for years, for real, so their opinion isn't worth much, oh yeah, they check out their claims with their friends around the league who are GM's and pro scouts, but what does that matter.
                  If you want to say they aren't perfect, well then, I agree with you, but to say their opinions don't count seems foolish to me.

It is clear to me that Locker is dropping, he isn't accurate, pure and simple, and that is an extremely hard area to improve at after you are drafted. They questioned his leadership abilities, and why, say against Nebraska, a 1st round QB prospect would only complete his 1st pass in the 3rd quarter.
                  Of course as with Tebow last year, it just takes one decision maker to prove everybody wrong.
                  Well Casserly doesnt have Locker or Newton going in the first round so yeah i'm saying he doesnt know what he's talking about.

As for Locker's accuracy problems he has improved in that dept. from the Senior Bowl to the combine to his pro day. I guess if you think someone can never improve in that area then i guess there is no sense even bothering with the whole process.

Comment

• Originally posted by Babylon View Post
                    Well Casserly doesnt have Locker or Newton going in the first round so yeah i'm saying he doesnt know what he's talking about.

As for Locker's accuracy problems he has improved in that dept. from the Senior Bowl to the combine to his pro day. I guess if you think someone can never improve in that area then i guess there is no sense even bothering with the whole process.
                    I agree with you, I have seen improvement in his accuracy this offseason... It does concern me that only one head coach, Carroll, was at the workout. With someone with so many questions to answer, I would have thought more would have attended.

Comment

• I have to admit, I am one of those guys that never thought Jake Locker should be a 1st round pick... but I was thoroughly impressed with his pro-day. He threw very well and looked great doing it. I wish he would've thrown about 10 more passes though.

Comment

• Originally posted by jnew76 View Post
                        I agree with you, I have seen improvement in his accuracy this offseason... It does concern me that only one head coach, Carroll, was at the workout. With someone with so many questions to answer, I would have thought more would have attended.

Shanahan was there 'in spirit'.

Comment

• Todd McShay about Locker's pro day "it was against air, it was scripted." He is a retodd
                          Sam Bradford will be a bust- 2/24/2010

Colts Cardinals Bulls Hurricanes

Comment

• USC offensive tackle Tyron Smith strengthened his draft status, reinforcing that he's the top offensive tackle prospect by running a 4.96 in the 40-yard dash during his pro pay workout Wednesday and bench pressing 225 pounds 31 times, according to a league source with knowledge of the situation.

Smith also excelled in positional drills.
                            Garrett was in attendance and Smith will meet with Dallas on Monday. Get Em'.

edit...already posted, but worth repeating.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                            http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                            KO KNOWS

Comment

• Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
                              Garrett was in attendance and Smith will meet with Dallas on Monday. Get Em'.

edit...already posted, but worth repeating.
                              Heard Ciskowski was there too. This is money in the bank. Can't wait.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bob Sanders Dreadlock View Post
                                Todd McShay about Locker's pro day "it was against air, it was scripted." He is a retodd
                                Might as well just get rid of pro days. When guys that people like do well then it's "that should solidify them going early" then when it's guys that people dont care for it's "scripted and throwing against air". To be fair i think that McShay had Jake as his #2 QB but who knows if he's flip flopped on that.

It was what it was, a workout indoors with a lot of simple throws involved. Where it's relevant in Locker's case is some of those throws he was struggling with at the Senior Bowl, the fact that he's gotten better from then to the combine to the pro day i think is a factor.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information