Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official Pro Day Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    I think hes better than Wendling, although getting a special teams pro bowler in the 6th or 7th round would be a pretty good steal if you ask me. I don't think thin air has to do with all of it otherwise we would see more times like this although it wouldve been nice to see him at the combine to see how he tested out. Even if his hand time was off by .20 he would be in the top 5 for a safety at the combine.

    Wendling never had the number of defensive tackles that Chris has had, he put up 100+ the past two years. I think Wendling's best was 89, which is still impressive.

    Comment


    • #47
      Mallett just ran (if you want to call it that) his 40 in 5.37. No wonder he didn't run at the Combine.

      Fairley is up to 297lbs.

      Comment


      • #48
        Originally posted by boknows34 View Post
        Mallett just ran (if you want to call it that) his 40 in 5.37. No wonder he didn't run at the Combine.

        LOLOL!!!

        That's Drew Bledsoe mobility at the END of his career. Slow for an OT.

        Mallett better develop a zen like pocket awareness or he'll never get the chance to throw those beautiful spirals in real game situations.

        Teams are going to blitz him to death!

        Comment


        • #49
          what were his other numbers? 3 one drill? shuttle? 40 yard dash is not necessarily an indicator of mobility in the pocket

          Comment


          • #50
            Originally posted by batsandgats View Post
            what were his other numbers? 3 one drill? shuttle? 40 yard dash is not necessarily an indicator of mobility in the pocket
            The only numbers I've seen are a 26 inch vertical and a broad jump of just over 8 feet, 7 inches. Only Nathan Enderle had a worse vertical in Indianapolis, and only TCU's Andy Dalton had a shorter broad jump.

            Mallett is half a second slower than Nick Fairley and only 8 tenths faster than Rich Eisen, who was wearing a suit.

            Comment


            • #51
              Originally posted by boknows34 View Post
              Mallett just ran (if you want to call it that) his 40 in 5.37. No wonder he didn't run at the Combine.

              Fairley is up to 297lbs.
              Did you just get that watching ESPN3 or something, or is it possible that you have a link?

              Comment


              • #52
                Originally posted by batsandgats View Post
                what were his other numbers? 3 one drill? shuttle? 40 yard dash is not necessarily an indicator of mobility in the pocket
                What does it matter the guy is a snail. Great arm but zero mobility. Add some character concerns and it isnt a good combination.

                Comment


                • #53
                  For those who care Taiwan Jones will be participating at Hawaii's Pro Day
                  Stafford Sig by touchdownrams the rest of the sig by Sig Master Bone Krusher Avy by King of all avys renji


                  DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

                  Originally posted by njx9
                  oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    Don't get espn3 so what is the scheduled time for Newton to throw and run today, assuming he will run.

                    Comment


                    • #55
                      Originally posted by Babylon View Post
                      Don't get espn3 so what is the scheduled time for Newton to throw and run today, assuming he will run.
                      He's not running. He's standing on his times from the combine.

                      Comment


                      • #56
                        Originally posted by broth223 View Post
                        For those who care Taiwan Jones will be participating at Hawaii's Pro Day
                        I care.

                        And Mallett's speed (or lack of) is just another clue that he's the second coming of Drew Bledsoe.

                        Comment


                        • #57
                          I am watching now and it looks like we are a little way off from Newton throwing.

                          Comment


                          • #58
                            Originally posted by Babylon View Post
                            What does it matter the guy is a snail. Great arm but zero mobility. Add some character concerns and it isnt a good combination.
                            Mallett has functional mobility, he wasn't a gimme sack against SEC defenses.

                            But rolling out of the pocket extending plays is not his game. Moving laterally, most DTs run him down easily.

                            Comment


                            • #59
                              Originally posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post
                              Mallett has functional mobility, he wasn't a gimme sack against SEC defenses.

                              But rolling out of the pocket extending plays is not his game. Moving laterally, most DTs run him down easily.
                              I have functional mobility too as in i can get from the couch to the fridge for a beer. The guy is a statue. He does have the size though that should help him shake off a rusher, ideally he gets with a team with a good o-line.

                              Comment


                              • #60
                                I lol'd when I saw Mallet's 40. It's even funnier when you consider that guys are usually timed faster at their pro days than they are at the combine. Not that speed really matters for a QB, but god damn is that slow.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information