X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• no bare feet
    started a topic Official Pro Day Thread

Official Pro Day Thread

Instead of making a new one for each player or team's Pro Day, discuss them here. Next post will have a schedule as they are starting today. Gil Brandt usually posts numbers from these days but I will do my best to post what I can find.
    Last edited by no bare feet; 03-03-2011, 10:18 AM.

• Babylon
    replied
    Originally posted by Iamcanadian View Post
    Well, even Mayock has dropped Locker considerably on his latest rankings suggesting that he wasn't all that impressive at his pro day.
    You can disagree about what the people on NFLN are saying about Locker all you want but in the end, their opinions are run past scouts and GM's all the time. Locker isn't improving his stock, he's dropping and is now a late 1st rounder at best.
    If his pro day was scripted a certain way then why blame the player for making all the throws, i dont get that. Add to that he was much improved at the combine from what he showed in Senior Bowl practices. How is he not improving. His only real issue has been accuracy, which i can go into detail about if anyone cares. He's improved the accuracy from everything i've seen and heard so not sure why the stock doesnt rise along with it.

As for NFLN and their opinion of him that is their opinions and i respect that but the guy has improved since the end of his season, let's not try to dispute the obvious.

Leave a comment:

• wicket
    replied
    Originally posted by asdf1223 View Post
    Does Armando Allen have any shot of being drafted?
    a very small one but like I keep pushing with regards to demarco murray, an oft injured backup back is not something that has a good ring to it.

Leave a comment:

• Iamcanadian
    replied
    Originally posted by Babylon View Post
    Sounds like you didnt watch the workout because i thought his ball placement was excellant. There were probably two balls that the receiver had to lay out for and ironically the two that hit the ground i thought were well thrown 60 yard passes that pro wrs would have caught. In total he was very accurate albeit with a lot of safe passes.

The thing with accuracy is first off you have to ask yourself why someone is inaccurate. If someone has time to throw and flat misses open receivers that is differant than someone with not a lot of time trying to throw to mediocre WRs. As i've pointed out before, Matt Stafford was a 55% passer before AJ Green showed up and Josh Freeman's completion % dropped quite a bit after Jordy Nelson left.

If you want to believe someone can never become more accurate with hard work then how did someone like Brett Favre ever make it from a 55% college passer to a 1st ballot HOFer.

As for NFLN they for the most part dont care for Locker or just parrot what Casserly and Lombardi say. I noticed Mayock (who has Locker as his #2 QB) wasnt at the pro day yesterday for Locker, he probably couldnt stand the thought of sitting next to him on the long plane ride to Seattle.
    Well, even Mayock has dropped Locker considerably on his latest rankings suggesting that he wasn't all that impressive at his pro day.
    You can disagree about what the people on NFLN are saying about Locker all you want but in the end, their opinions are run past scouts and GM's all the time. Locker isn't improving his stock, he's dropping and is now a late 1st rounder at best.

Leave a comment:

• JhawkFitness
    replied
    Originally posted by TACKLE View Post
    Oh Ballard can run for sure. He can really move and has great feet. He just isn't all that great at the point of attack.
    Originally posted by herkyhawkeye View Post
    Get someone to coach him up and let him loose. He was moved around a lot along the line at Iowa. Get him a set position and his numbers will jump. His strongest asset isnt his speed but his feet. He is very very fast for his size but his best attribute is that he is very nimble.

When I get back ill throw some pics up of the Iowa proday.

SI pro daytracker is saying both Clayborn and Ballard probably solidifed 1st round picks today. Both supposedly looked phenomenal.
    Originally posted by Wrathman View Post
    The Jets are all over that.
    Very good point about his quick feet, you can see his foot-speed in this video. Skip to 1:52 for the specific drill.

Leave a comment:

• asdf1223
    replied
    Does Armando Allen have any shot of being drafted?

Leave a comment:

• wicket
    replied
    Originally posted by Hines View Post
    When is Notre Dame's Pro Day so I can know how well Darrin Walls does?
    Armando Allen
    Vertical: 31.5”
    Broad Jump: 10’
    Bench Press: N/A
    40-Yard dash: 4.58/4.59
    Pro Agility: 4.12/4.15
    3-Cone Drill: 7.10
    60-Yard Shuttle:11.45/11.57

Robert Hughes
    Vertical: 32”
    Broad Jump: 9’4”
    Bench Press: 26
    40-Yard Dash: 4.89/4.89
    Pro Agility: 4.66/4.69
    3-Cone Drill: 7.26
    60-Yard Shuttle: 12.14/12.13

Duval Kamara
    Vertical: 32.5”
    Broad Jump: 10’1”
    Bench Press: 11
    40-Yard Dash: 4.84/4.75
    Pro Agility: 4.49/4.48
    3-Cone Drill: 7.41
    60-Yard Shuttle: 11.78/11.70

Kerry Neal
    Vertical: 27.5”
    Broad Jump: 9’3”
    Bench Press: 24
    40-Yard Dash: 5.17/5.15
    Pro Agility: 4.60/4.54
    3-Cone Drill: 7.43
    60-Yard Shuttle: 12.41/-

Kyle Rudolph
    Vertical: 34.5”
    Broad Jump: 9’5”
    Bench Press: 19
    40-Yard Dash: 4.78/4.80
    Pro Agility: 4.37/4.37
    3-Cone Drill: 7.24
    60-Yard Shuttle: 12.30/12.23

Brian Smith
    Vertical: 30.5”
    Broad Jump: 9’5”
    Bench Press: 15
    40-Yard Dash: 4.72/4.82
    Pro Agility: 4.31/4.30
    3-Cone Drill: 7.18
    60-Yard Shuttle: 11.89/11.84

Chris Stewart
    Vertical: 28”
    Broad Jump: 7’8”
    Bench Press: 24
    40-Yard Dash: 5.57/5.58
    Pro Agility: 4.92/4.90
    3-Cone Drill 7.69
    60-Yard Shuttle: -/-

Darrin Walls
    Vertical: 28.5”
    Broad Jump: 10’2”
    Bench Press: 15
    40-Yard Dash: 4.39/4.42
    Pro Agility: 4.18/4.15
    3-Cone Drill: 6.88
    60-Yard Shuttle: 10.85/10.82

Ian Williams
    Vertical: N/A
    Broad Jump: N/A
    Bench Press: N/A
    40-Yard Dash: 5.10/5.20
    Pro Agility: N/A
    3-Cone Drill: 7.75
    60-Yard Shuttle: N/A
    good 40s for walls but a shocking vertical. Rudolph is clearly not fully back, he is way quicker than that

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by Calubflower View Post
    The guy breaks a lot of tackles. You can see the acceleration, too. I'm a bit intrigued.

Skip the first 1:15 and mute it.

Gambler , at 07:15 on 04/04/11, says:

Ryan Travis: The 6-3, 245-pound tight end from Massillon, Ohio is a consensus first-team NCAA Division II All-America for the second straight year. The only college football player in the country to catch at least 10 passes in every game this fall, Travis also was a Daktronics and Don Hansen All-America pick. He led the nation with 126 catches for 1,402 yards despite playing just a 10-game schedule. Travis’s 126 catches and 12.6 average per game each rank No. 2 all-time on the NCAA Division II single-season receiving list while his 15 TD catches tied the NCAA Division II single-season record for tight ends. His 285 career catches are the fifth-highest total for any NCAA Division II receiver in history. The converted running back is West Liberty’s career leader in catches (285), receiving yards (3,228) and receiving touchdowns (34).

Read more: http://www.kffl.com/gnews.php?id=703969#ixzz1IyfD5otm

Leave a comment:

• Babylon
    replied
    Heard Quinn was in the high 4.5s at his pro day. Wow. Him and Bowers are like two ships passing in the night going in opposite directions.

Leave a comment:

• GoRavens
    replied
    I'd take Locker over Mallett and Dalton.
    probably something like;
    1) Cam Newton-1st-Bengals
    2) Blaine Gabbert-1st-Titans
    3) Jake Locker-2nd-Cardinals
    4) Colin Kaepernick-2nd-Redskins
    5) Ryan Mallett-2nd-Vikings
    6) Christian Ponder-2nd-49ers
    7) Andy Dalton-3rd-Panthers
    8) Ricky Stanzi-4th-Dolphins
    9) Greg McElroy-6th-Ravens
    10) Pat Devlin-6th-Bills
    Last edited by GoRavens; 04-01-2011, 07:24 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Babylon
    replied
    Originally posted by Iamcanadian View Post
    There was a lot of talk on NFL Network that he wasn't as accurate as his completion % indicated. They seriously questioned his placement of the ball, there is more to passing than just having a uncovered WR catch a ball. At the next level, a QB has to be able to put the ball in specific places to get a real completion, and as I said, this is where they are questioning Locker's accuracy.
    They also questioned why Locker threw mostly short and intermediate balls and shied away from the deep throws???
    Almost to a man including Mora and another former NFL HC, said that if you are inaccurate in college, your chances of improving that skill significantly at the next level is extremely difficult.
    Sounds like you didnt watch the workout because i thought his ball placement was excellant. There were probably two balls that the receiver had to lay out for and ironically the two that hit the ground i thought were well thrown 60 yard passes that pro wrs would have caught. In total he was very accurate albeit with a lot of safe passes.

The thing with accuracy is first off you have to ask yourself why someone is inaccurate. If someone has time to throw and flat misses open receivers that is differant than someone with not a lot of time trying to throw to mediocre WRs. As i've pointed out before, Matt Stafford was a 55% passer before AJ Green showed up and Josh Freeman's completion % dropped quite a bit after Jordy Nelson left.

If you want to believe someone can never become more accurate with hard work then how did someone like Brett Favre ever make it from a 55% college passer to a 1st ballot HOFer.

As for NFLN they for the most part dont care for Locker or just parrot what Casserly and Lombardi say. I noticed Mayock (who has Locker as his #2 QB) wasnt at the pro day yesterday for Locker, he probably couldnt stand the thought of sitting next to him on the long plane ride to Seattle.

Leave a comment:

• Iamcanadian
    replied
    There was a lot of talk on NFL Network that he wasn't as accurate as his completion % indicated. They seriously questioned his placement of the ball, there is more to passing than just having a uncovered WR catch a ball. At the next level, a QB has to be able to put the ball in specific places to get a real completion, and as I said, this is where they are questioning Locker's accuracy.
    They also questioned why Locker threw mostly short and intermediate balls and shied away from the deep throws???
    Almost to a man including Mora and another former NFL HC, said that if you are inaccurate in college, your chances of improving that skill significantly at the next level is extremely difficult.
    Last edited by Iamcanadian; 03-31-2011, 06:04 PM.

Leave a comment:

• D-Unit
    replied
    Taking off my homer glasses i'd have to say yes and temper that by saying the combine and pro day arent game conditions. The knock at the senior bowl was he couldnt throw strikes consistantly. At the combine i thought he was much better and yesterday even though it was friendly conditions he was near perfect.

To me it looks like the earliest he might go is 8th to the Titans and the lowest 16th to the Jags.
    I would agree that he's made progress... which makes me think Sarkisian really isn't as good a QB coach as hyped up to be. Because really, almost every supporter of him returning to school made that a main focal point for him making the right decision... that "another year under Sarkisian would do wonders for him"... when in actuality, that really wasn't the case as his disappointing season is undebatable. This is really more a knock on Sark than it is Locker.

Leave a comment:

• Babylon
    replied
    Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
    Honest question. Do you think Locker has improved dramatically since the season ended?
    Taking off my homer glasses i'd have to say yes and temper that by saying the combine and pro day arent game conditions. The knock at the senior bowl was he couldnt throw strikes consistantly. At the combine i thought he was much better and yesterday even though it was friendly conditions he was near perfect.

To me it looks like the earliest he might go is 8th to the Titans and the lowest 16th to the Jags.

Leave a comment:

• D-Unit
    replied
    That and throwing on the run was never an issue. He overthrew a couple yesterday but they were nice 60 yarders just out of the reach of his receivers. If i were making excuses i'd say pro guys would have caught up to those balls but i wont make excuses.
    Honest question. Do you think Locker has improved dramatically since the season ended?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X

Debug Information