Scouts Quotes on Prospects

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JohnCandy View Post
    D Sherrod- " did not look good at senior bowl. hes a hit or miss fuy. Smarter than you average Mississippi State guy. He will be a starter."
    Hate! Hate! Hate!

A lot of hatred coming from this scout. Diabolical.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnCandy View Post
      Aaron Williams- "Hes more finesse than physical.
      LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Homer View Post
        LOL.

Keep in mind that tackling NFL players is harder than bringing down a Colorado return man who happens to be standing still.

Comment

I'd say that Aaron Williams is pretty physical.

Here a clip of A-Dub from the Texas vs. Nebraska Big 12 Championship game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fk4QdMwWy6Q

Comment

Originally posted by Don Vito View Post
            Keep in mind that is a lot harder to do when the player isn't the Colorado's returner who happens to be standing still.
            Yea, I was going to say that a hit on a special teams play doesn't affect how he plays as a corner which is what is most important as far Williams's physicality(or perceived lack thereof).

sig by BK and avy by me
            Originally posted by A Perfect Score
            If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.

Comment

I'd say that Aaron Williams is pretty physical.

Here a clip of A-Dub from the Texas vs. Nebraska Big 12 Championship game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fk4QdMwWy6Q
              Sorry man, but I didn't see any great physicality in that highlight. He made a couple tackles, but none were real strong aggressive tackles, and I didn't once see him get physical with a WR.

sig by BK and avy by me
              If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.

Comment

Originally posted by marshallb View Post
                Yea, I was going to say that a hit on a special teams play doesn't affect how he plays as a corner which is what is most important as far Williams's physicality(or perceived lack thereof).
                I'm just curious. Have you heard anyone else express that Williams might have a lack of physicality as a CB?

I haven't. This is the first time that I have ever heard anyone imply that.

Comment

Originally posted by marshallb View Post
                  Sorry man, but I didn't see any great physicality in that highlight. He made a couple tackles, but none were real strong aggressive tackles, and I didn't once see him get physical with a WR.
                  Agreed.

I don't think it was a huge knock, but I think "willing tackler" and "physical (aggressive,especially as it pertains to press coverage" are two different things and that's what I think the scout was saying.

Williams still looks like a nice prospect.
                  "I'm Ko Simpson!"

- Ko Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by gpngc View Post
                    Agreed.

I don't think it was a huge knock, but I think "willing tackler" and "physical (aggressive,especially as it pertains to press coverage" are two different things and that's what I think the scout was saying.

Thats an honest post.

I still very much disagree with this scout's assessment of Aaron Williams lack of physicalness as a CB.

I think pretty much everyone that has watched Texas play the last few seasons would agree.
                    Last edited by Texas Homer; 03-05-2011, 12:37 PM.

Comment

I'll try and stay away from this thread though as not to clutter it up on my thoughts on this b/c I am biased and could probably go on-and-on all day on this.

Thanks for posting.

His thoughts are definitely interesting.

Comment

That's very harsh on Marcus Gilbert, but I tend to agree with that sentiment.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

I'm just curious. Have you heard anyone else express that Williams might have a lack of physicality as a CB?

I haven't. This is the first time that I have ever heard anyone imply that.
                          Agreed.

I think that's the best way to put it. I didn't have much of a problem with his physicality, but I can see what the scout was saying. I still like Williams as a prospect quite a bit with that being said.

sig by BK and avy by me

Comment

Originally posted by BeerBaron View Post
                            Why would Paea's lack of height preclude him from being a NT? I'd rather have a shorter guy with leverage than a 6'5 behemoth who's raw strength can be undone by centers getting under him and out leveraging him.
                            I think the "he's got a height issue" and "he's a 3-tech, not an NT" are unrelated comments. Since he certainly isn't tall, and he doesn't play like your classic 2-gapping nose tackle (as he's more of a penetrator.) That being said, of course, if he were allowed the same responsibilities as a Jay Ratliff in your defense, he could do fine at NT.

Comment

I remember these from the past few years. Where's the actual article link?

I agree with a lot of it (Baldwin stiffness, Kerrigan stiffness, Liuget monster, Taylor monster, Austin talented, Pouncey not as strong as his brother). And Paea doesn't play like a NT - he's more of a penetrator than anchor.

What I don't understand is how Brandon Harris is a 2nd-3rd round pick??? Size?
                              Mike Mayock thought the exact same thing before the combine

Comment

I've never considered Paea as a NT prospect. Just doesn't have the right build or skillset for it. In a one gap system, sure, I can buy it...but that's a bit of a stretch too even.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information