*EDITS PROSPECT GRADES*

Tandon Doss = 9.8

Everyone else = 5 or lower
      "I'm Ko Simpson!"

- Ko Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by TACKLE View Post
        That scout is one Negative Nancy.
        When your opinion will decide who will get millions and millions of dollars, yeah it's gonna happen.
        Currently on IR: Rip 2011 Jamaal Charles :(

Comment

Just so you know, the quotes in the original post are from a number of different scouts, not one guy.

Comment

I love hearing scouts honest quotes. Usually in public interview scouts will always talk about the positive things and talk up guys, and it drives me nuts because I know there's a lot of dirt they can put out there. Eric DeCosta does it all the time. I guess they have to be this way so they dont tip their hand to other teams.

Comment

I'd like to see these articles in years past from McGinn....see how accurate this scout is (if it's the same guy).

Comment

Originally posted by Wrathman View Post
                I think it's pretty cool that some scout shares some of their information like this over the past several years.

It's probably not nearly so cool that a few of the Youtube scouts that post here don't understand that this is not a "black and white" business and that divergent opinions are a good thing. Instead they call the scout dumb, stupid and/or wrong because they have a different opinion, but they can't provide any valid counterpoint to support their argument.

SSDD
                Originally posted by GaMeTiMe View Post
                Exactly. And all of it almost creates a collective groan that basically says "Didn't you see Scott's rankings?!!?"

These guys aren't pulling the trigger on making these picks for the teams. They don't read your mock. They might not even really know what the personnel decisions the team they work for plans to make. Their job is to scout these guys and give an evaluation on the types of players they are. This is professional insight, not the secret tell-all interview of what prospect is going to be drafted where.
                You two win.

A lot of people don't understand how little influence scouts have in the drafting process, despite having the most (or best) information about a player.

Comment

Originally posted by Brown Leader View Post
                  Some of the interesting anonymous quotes from scouts, or a scout, per PFW draft mag in their section, "what the scouts are saying"...def the best part of the mag...
                  So... does this guy like anybody other than Tandon Doss?

Comment

Scouts are paid as much to come up with reasons "not to draft this guy" than anything else. Anybody who has watched a college football game in the past year can tell you that Cam Newton is talented, that doesn't take much in the way of critical analysis. It's a symptom of the "draft as entertainment" business that we try to make the best of everybody, since that way we drum up excitement and we can get people to come on our shows if we've been nice to them. Scouts have no reason to be nice, in fact they probably shouldn't be nice since most of the 255 guys drafted anyway won't even manage to be average.

Comment

He's totally right about Peterson, though. No one brings it up b/c of his hype and he got away with it in college but the guy freelances more than DeAngelo Hall.

That's one of the big reasons I think he'd better at safety. Not his size

Comment

Originally posted by TACKLE
                        Originally posted by SchizophrenicBatman View Post
                        He's totally right about Peterson, though. No one brings it up b/c of his hype and he got away with it in college but the guy freelances more than DeAngelo Hall.

That's one of the big reasons I think he'd better at safety. Not his size
                        I was kind of being silly with that comment. Clearly he's not going to hype up prospects his team likes and is interested in drafting.

Also on the topic of Peterson, he is still raw technically, no doubt about that. There are numerous corners in this draft more polished than him. He's been more of an athlete playing cornerback opposed to a cornerback who is an athlete yet he still managed to be the most dominant corners in college football. He should become more technically sound and disciplined with NFL coaching and when he does, there's no reason to believe he can't be an elite cornerback.

Comment

Originally posted by killxswitch View Post
                          So... does this guy like anybody other than Tandon Doss?
                          Jake Locker - " has an ascend factor. What you see is what you get. I don't think you can throw him out there day one, but I would take him over all of them. He has so much upside."

Jacquizz Rodgers - " left school so he could help his mom out. That's why his brother was thinking of leaving last year. His brother has been the one who returns kicks, but that's not to say he can't do it. He'll be a factor just like Darren Sproles."

John Moffitt - "could be a helluva center. He's strictly an in line player, but he's smart enough to play both OG and OC. He's a tough 4 year starter."

Will Rackley - "stood out at the East-West shrine game. He was the best lineman there. It wasn't even close. He has such strong hands."

Marcell Dareus - " is a slam dunk. I would take him....He's a helluva football player.."
                          There a bunch more both positive and negative-it makes no indication if it's the same guy or not. Should be noted that it sounds like these are from just after the senior week practices.

Originally posted by borg9
                          Are you not entertained? Is this not why you are here?

Comment

Originally posted by Brown Leader View Post
                            Adrian Clayborn - " I'll take the one armed ass kicker over most of these guys. His arm is scary. It's noticeable in practice. He's still a damn good player but we'll leave it in the hands of the medical people. "
                            No one talks about this. His arm should be a major talking point. I brought it up months ago, and this is the first time I have heard someone else bring it up. He's a great player, but that arm limits his ability to use his hands / technique.

I fully agree about Justin Houston. I was shocked that he came out early and I'm maybe even more shocked that people are talking about him at the end of round 1. Whenever I saw him, he was pretty much invisible. At the Combine he looked really bad in space, was tight and looks like a 43 DE.

Cam Newton comments were pretty much dead on.

Everything he said about the top 3 CBs (Peterson, Prince, Smith) is true. It's their biggest weaknesses / question marks.
                            Originally posted by Scott Wright
                            I honestly believe Reggie Bush has turned into exactly the type of player I envisioned.
                            Originally posted by PossibleCabbage
                            I would like it if there were more successful black Quarterbacks in the NFL...
                            Originally posted by bearsfan_51
                            iamcandian lives in a cabin in the Yukon Territory and writes letters to railroad barons about the price of hard tack.
                            Originally posted by GatorsBullsFan
                            I could possibly see Matthew Stafford Dropping out of the 1st round
                            Originally posted by GoRavens
                            Tahj Boyd has the best fundamentals of any QB in this class, I think his game translates great to the NFL.

Comment

Originally posted by ChiFan24 View Post
                              I'd like to see these articles in years past from McGinn....see how accurate this scout is (if it's the same guy).
                              Originally posted by GB12 View Post
                              Just so you know, the quotes in the original post are from a number of different scouts, not one guy.

Comment

If anyone wants to look what they said to Mcginn in 2009 here's the link.
                                http://corner.bigblueinteractive.com...&thread=333250

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information