Scouts Quotes on Prospects

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post
    Top 10 is a little high IMO to take a 34 NT. Not off the wall range for Poe to go, but I would think his best value at that position is mid 20s and further down.
    The concept of value is a direct reflection of need. If there's a 2 gap system that really needs to add a true NT as one of the finishing touches on an already decent defense, the value of a guy like Dontari Poe becomes much better in the 10-20 range. Top ten, I'd have a hard time picking NT. And I think the only thing that would substantiate that high a pick for a NT is if he's got some legitimate pass-rushing abilities as well. Which...Poe ran what, 4.98?

I'm not saying he's worth a top 10 pick, but to the right suitor, maybe.
    -The Contrarian Proletarian

Comment

Originally posted by killxswitch View Post
      These are neat but damn some of these scouts sound like complete idiots.
      Scouts are paid to be opinionated. They tend to hate players a lot more frequently than either fans or media members. It's jarring when you're used to the more friendly approach that draftniks employ, but it does make a certain sort of sense.

I mean, if you've got a scout on your payroll who is an excellent judge of everything that is wrong with every player, that guy's really useful.

Comment

Originally posted by PossibleCabbage View Post
        Scouts are paid to be opinionated. They tend to hate players a lot more frequently than either fans or media members. It's jarring when you're used to the more friendly approach that draftniks employ, but it does make a certain sort of sense.

I mean, if you've got a scout on your payroll who is an excellent judge of everything that is wrong with every player, that guy's really useful.
        I can see that. However I also see some really outlandish, ridiculous statements like "RG3 can't do any of the things an NFL QB needs to do". There's being critical and then there's being over-the-top.

Comment

Originally posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post
          Poe's inability to dominate C-USA doesn't bother you??
          The question isn't "does it bother me" but "does it bother me enough to ignore that he has what I need in a NT?" Obviously it would bother me, but I could easily attribute that to coaching. Without having Memphis film, it's hard to assess that.
          **** her in da *****!

Comment

Originally posted by keylime_5
            you guys can pass on Sammy Watkins, I'll gladly take him. He is the epitome of can't miss.
            I agree. I think he has it all, and he's a good kid. Not only does he have the skill set, athleticism, explosion...but he just flat out plays. Kind of goes at it with the aproach of "why not right now?"

I think in a couple years he will be looked at as the best WR prospect in a long time. I almost hope we still need a WR when the time comes:-)

Comment

Working...
            X

Debug Information