Darkhorse 1st Round Picks

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Darkhorse 1st Round Picks

Who are your picks of players that could really shock people when they go in the 1st round?

Every year there is a couple of players that sneak in that have not been discussed as 1st round picks.

WR Randall Cobb

OG Orlando Franklin

DE Jabaal Sheard

DT Marvin Austin

There are a couple of guys I could see some teams falling in love with and taking a little earlier than expected. Kendall Hunter, Mason Foster, and Drake Nevis would fit that bill for me.

Comment

Christian Ballard, DL - Iowa

Comment

Ben Ijalana, Kyle Rudolph, Danny Watkins, Mason Foster

Comment

Christian Ballard would be mine as well. It also wouldn't surprise me if one of the Browns from Texas sneaked into the late 1st round as well.

Comment

Originally posted by fenikz View Post
            Ben Ijalana, Kyle Rudolph, Danny Watkins, Mason Foster
            I approve of this list. Jabaal Sheard would be the other name I'd throw in there.

Comment

Brooks Reed is a good call that guy is channeling some serious Clay Matthews right now.

I think their is so much parity in the OL class that most of the surprises are going to come out of that position.

Comment

Guys I think could go in the first round, but who aren't usually mocked there:

QB Ryan Mallett, Arkansas*

WR Titus Young, Boise St.

TE Kyle Rudolph, Notre Dame*

OT Ben Ijalana, Villanova

OG Danny Watkins, Baylor

DT Christian Ballard, Iowa

DT Drake Nevis, Louisiana St.

DT Phil Taylor, Baylor

LB Martez Wilson, Illinois*

Comment

Christian Ponder
                  Jon Baldwin
                  Danny Watkins
                  Kris Odowd

Comment

Brooks Reed was the first person I thought of.

Martez Wilson is another guy as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Babylon View Post
                      Christian Ponder
                      Jon Baldwin
                      Danny Watkins
                      Kris Odowd
                      First 3 are decent but Kris O'Dowd, no way, he has no lower body strength and simply cannot handle a bull rush.
                      And proud of it!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Iamcanadian View Post
                        First 3 are decent but Kris O'Dowd, no way, he has no lower body strength and simply cannot handle a bull rush.
                        He always looked good in the 10 or so SC games i saw this year, injuries would probably concern me more but i like the guy. Wouldnt mind him in Seattle if he drops to the second.

Comment

Stefen Wisniewski
                          Christian Ballard
                          Leonard Hankerson

Ijalana, Taylor, and Watkins aren't really darkhorse picks anymore.

Comment

I'll throw one out that no one else will say, Kelvin Sheppard. More of a 3rd/4th round player but he is that kind of solid player that a team in the late first looking for an instant starting ILB might take. Curtis Brown or some other not talked about corner might sneak into the first.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
                            http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
                            Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
                            http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Comment

I'm sure I haven't seen more of Kelvin Sheppard than scouts have. But from the 8 or so games of LSU that I watched I thought he was an stud. If I needed an inside linebacker/MLB, and I was picking in that 20-30 range I'd take him. Maybe someone does feel that way even though it is unlikely, most likely even if someone feels like he is worth a 1st, they might just wait to take him in the second to optimize value.

Some guys that might go in the first...
                              -Jordan Toddman
                              I really like this guy, he's got a lot of things I look for in a running back and I feel like some team just might take a shot at him as a feature back or a compliment to a guy who is a bit more of a power runner. I could see maybe Green Bay going after him, or even the Ravens.
                              -Marvin Austin
                              Well this guy is a "top 10" talent, and he was ranked as the #1/#2 DT before this year, so some team might really like that potential that he has, and feel he is a steal.
                              -Mason Foster
                              One of the most impressive linebackers I've seen. I think he'll be a great LB in this league, and I'm sure some team might feel the same way. Has a lot of versatility, and I feel like someone might just want his talent/intangibles in the first.
                              -Quinton Carter
                              Personally I like Carter more than Rahim Moore, because I think Carter is a bit more versatile. He covers very well, but I'd say Moore is better. But on the other hand, I think Carter can play well in the box, and there are plenty of teams that would love a safety that can do all the things Carter can do.
                              -COLIN KAEPERNICK
                              If you love a QB you take a QB wherever. Who knows right? Tebow happened last year. If someone falls in love with the kid and it is possible given his potential/intangibles, why not right?

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information