Rank Your Top 5 Quarterbacks

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1 Cam Newton QB Auburn*(Top 10)-
    -By far has the most potential of the group, might be the best overall athlete in the draft when you look at his size and speed, strong arm. He is going to need to learn his rookie year about the NFL offenses, off the field questions and maturity(I think it is over blown and he will be fine off the field). I am thinking he will turn out to something close to what Big Ben has turned out to in the NFL(similar size, athletic, off the field questions, but is a true winner and will get the job done)

2 Blaine Gabbert QB Missouri*(Top 15)
    Prototypical size and strong armed QB, has the QB look to him and is also a good athlete. Im not buying the top 10 propsect hype though, there are alot better football players in this draft, didnt have 1 outstanding season in college, accuracy questions, will have to learn the NFL offenses similar to Newton. Im predicting he will bust in the NFL if he doesnt get some real good coaching, so I could compare him to Alex Smith's career since I dont think he will grasp the NFL offenses and will likely cause him to have many coaches but the potential to be a pro bowl QB is there

3 Jake Locker QB Washington(Top 20)
    The most NFL ready QB of the group, shorter than I thought but is built very well, smart guy who knows his stuff, strong arm and athletic, pro style experience. Had a bad Senior year that really hurt his stock(from #1 prospect to a mid/late 1st, his accuracy is hot and cold. I would compare him to the likes of Jay Cutler, similar size and seems to be really on and off during a game.

4 Ryan Mallett QB Arkansas*(Late 1st)
    Big QB that has the arm to match it, SEC experience(back to back 30 td years) and pro style experience as well, improved every season at Arkansas. Off the field questions have really hurt his stock, not much of an athlete, character concerns as well which could hurt the locker room. Right now if I had to pick between him and Gabbert I would go Mallett since I feel his floor isnt as low. I would compare him to Drew Bledsoe, big QB, big arm but has very slow feet and mobility so he will need a oline, never going to be a top 5 QB in the league, but you can win with him

5 Christian Ponder QB Florida State(2nd)
    Has help his stock this offseason after having another injury prone year, decent size and athletism, is accurate and smart, lots of experience as a 3 year starter. Arm strength is questionable, being injury prone will turn many teams away from him, crumbles when pressure in the pocket. I have the feeling Ponder will end up succeeding in the NFL down the line, might take him 3-4 years to be able to make the impact but if he stays healthy I think he can be an above average starter in the NFL
    Last edited by RaiderNation; 03-07-2011, 05:23 PM.

"Just Win Baby"- Al Davis
    @SirStackAlot707

Comment

Ryan Mallett
      Jake Locker
      Blaine Gabbert
      Cam Newton
      Christian Ponder

Comment

1. Locker
        2. Mallett
        3. Newton
        4. Tyrod taylor
        5. Blain Gabbert

Sig by BoneKrusher
        Matt Barkley will be the best QB to be selected in the Top 5 since Peyton Manning.

Comment

In 2-3 years everyone in the league will be kicking themselves when Andy Dalton is on his way to becoming a Star in the league and guys like Blaine Gabbert, Cam Newton, Jake Locker, and Ryan Mallett suffer to remain relevant.
          FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER

Comment

Originally posted by JaxJag_1 View Post
            In 2-3 years everyone in the league will be kicking themselves when Andy Dalton is on his way to becoming a Star in the league and guys like Blaine Gabbert, Cam Newton, Jake Locker, and Ryan Mallett suffer to remain relevant.
            Gingers cannot succeed.

Comment

Originally posted by Sniper View Post
              Gingers cannot succeed.
              Joking or not, I don't get the big deal with "gingers" and why people make fun of people with red hair.

What the **** does it matter?

P.S. - I don't have red hair either
              Last edited by JaxJag_1; 03-07-2011, 06:49 PM.
              FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER

Comment

Originally posted by wonderbredd24 View Post
                He's not a one of a kind athlete. There have been other athletes with similar builds and skillsets to Cam Newton. People just seem to forget they ever existed.

Considering Kaepernick is the same height as Newton and only 15 lbs lighter, as well as having a better arm (59 mph on radar compared to 56) and faster 4.53 compared to 4.59... I would say they are better "athletes" that Newton in this class alone.

Comment

Originally posted by JaxJag_1 View Post
                  Joking or not, I don't get the big deal with "gingers" and why people make fun of people with red hair.

What the **** does it matter?

P.S. - I don't have red hair either
                  All joking aside... it just doesn't happen very often... Marinovich, Dan McGwire, Billy Joe Tolliver... or was it Hobert (?)... and that's just at QB.

Comment

My list...

1) Gabbert
                    2) Locker
                    3) Newton
                    4) Kaepernick
                    5) Ponder/Mallett

Sorry, but my list includes more than just stats, measurables, and other people's opinions... I think work ethic (and obviously the ability to throw and move feet) is the most important quality a QB can have... that's why I have Ponder as high as I do

Comment

Originally posted by RaiderNation View Post
                      1 Cam Newton QB Auburn*(Top 10)-
                      -By far has the most potential of the group, might be the best overall athlete in the draft when you look at his size and speed, strong arm. He is going to need to learn his rookie year about the NFL offenses, off the field questions and maturity(I think it is over blown and he will be fine off the field). I am thinking he will turn out to something close to what Big Ben has turned out to in the NFL(similar size, athletic, off the field questions, but is a true winner and will get the job done)
                      I'm sorry, best athlete? Size, speed, and arm.... Didn't Kaepernick prove who the best athlete among the QBs were? He's the same height, almost as heavy, yet he proved to have a stronger arm and to be faster... and not only that he was a 4 year starter known to have great work ethic... but CK isn't rated...but you rate Newton so high because of his physical measurables... that aren't as good as CK's... puzzling.

Comment

1. Blaine Gabbert
                        2. Jake Locker
                        3. Ricky Stanzi
                        4. Christian Ponder
                        5. Cam Newton

Comment

1. Jake Locker
                          2. Ryan Mallett
                          3. Christian Ponder
                          4. Colin Kaepernick
                          5. Blaine Gabbert

Comment

Originally posted by brasho View Post
                            Considering Kaepernick is the same height as Newton and only 15 lbs lighter, as well as having a better arm (59 mph on radar compared to 56) and faster 4.53 compared to 4.59... I would say they are better "athletes" that Newton in this class alone.
                            15 LBs is a lot. If Kapernick put on 15 pounds, he would definitely be slower than Newton. I can't talk about ball speed because I didn't see the workouts, but as far as I've heard Newton needs some serious coaching on his mechanics below his arm. He doesn't use his feet nearly well enough when throwing.
                            **** her in da *****!

Comment

I'm sorry, best athlete? Size, speed, and arm.... Didn't Kaepernick prove who the best athlete among the QBs were? He's the same height, almost as heavy, yet he proved to have a stronger arm and to be faster... and not only that he was a 4 year starter known to have great work ethic... but CK isn't rated...but you rate Newton so high because of his physical measurables... that aren't as good as CK's... puzzling.
                              I'm not saying Kaepernick wouldn't have been successful in the SEC playing in a similar offensive scheme to the one he ran at Nevada, (because I believe he would have been), but the difference between CK and Newton is level of
                              competition and football IQ.

I don't know if any QB in the draft has the innate ability to make plays with the football in his hands that Newton does, throwing and passing.

And this revisionist thinking that implies Newton's success was the product of playing in Gus Malzahn's future-shock, HS offense that no one's ever seen before is really discrediting how well Newton played last year in huge games when his team was behind.

But I agree if there's one prospect who's Newton's silhouette in this draft, it's CK.

It will be interesting to see who has the more productive NFL career.

Comment

All joking aside... it just doesn't happen very often... Marinovich, Dan McGwire, Billy Joe Tolliver... or was it Hobert (?)... and that's just at QB.
                                sooo.. hair color is now a negative/positive when trying to decide who you should draft?

what if the guy is bald?!

Sig by BK

“They have one guy, he’s pretty short. But he can go out and play. He can be a little aggravating too.’’ -- Joe Flacco talking about Brent Grimes.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information