No announcement yet.

Locker vs. Gabbert

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well since everyone keeps raving about the Oklahoma game, I'm going to watch it on ESPN3 today if I get free time at work.

Comment

• I still think Mallett is the best QB in this class. As far as throwing the ball in the pocket. How he is off the field, I don't know. There are no official reports about his drug abuse, no failed tests. I've read he would score really low in the Wonderlic, but he had an okay test.

Comment

• Originally posted by Roddoliver View Post
        I still think Mallett is the best QB in this class. As far as throwing the ball in the pocket. How he is off the field, I don't know. There are no official reports about his drug abuse, no failed tests. I've read he would score really low in the Wonderlic, but he had an okay test.
        I started watching Arkansas' bowl game last night and was absolutely floored by his ball placement.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sarcastro View Post
          I'd say the games Gabbert looked the best were the Oklahoma, Texas A&M, and Iowa games. He threw lots of shorter stuff early in the season, but as the competition got better, he threw more intermediate passes and often much smaller windows to hit. I want to say he looked very good in the K-State too, but my memory of that game is vague.

His worst game was against Texas Tech. He looked awful. Many of the comments I see about Gabbert make me roll my eyes, but if he played every game like he did against Tech, all the negative hyperbole would be true.
          i saw that game, i hope he was much better in the first two you mentioned. he wasnt necessarily bad, but he was his usual inconsistent self, throwing behind recievers at times, getting rattled easily, and throwing that god awful pick that was returned really nicely.

i will give him his credit though, he did help them back into the game when they were behind, still didnt think it was a great performance, just one where he showed flashes. certainly wasnt a game where he put it all together. ill have to see if i can go watch the others sometime, didnt see either of those. thanks for actually giving us some examples though, about time someone did.

EDIT:
          mallett's the best passer in the class straight up, he really looks like a pro qb throwing the ball out there. its all the off the field stuff none of us really know about that could make or break his career. the only other guy who puts the ball where it belongs even close to mallett is stanzi imo. im not an iowa fan btw, just realized i kinda sound like one with the stanzi love and saying i saw that iowa game.
          Last edited by hockey619; 03-18-2011, 12:10 PM.
          Originally posted by Thumper/JBCX/Bixby
          Orton will never be in the same class as the Drew Brees or the Peyton Mannings or the Tom Bradys of the world. Kevin Kolb has the potential to be that kind of player.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sarcastro View Post
            I'd say the games Gabbert looked the best were the Oklahoma, Texas A&M, and Iowa games.
            they killed us with the screen/dump-off throws. Also, it didn't help that Jerrod Johnson was benched because of that game. They just couldn't get anything going on offense and keep Mizzou off the field.

/Aggie perspective

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by hockey619 View Post
              i saw that game, i hope he was much better in the first two you mentioned. he wasnt necessarily bad, but he was his usual inconsistent self, throwing behind recievers at times, getting rattled easily, and throwing that god awful pick that was returned really nicely.

i will give him his credit though, he did help them back into the game when they were behind, still didnt think it was a great performance, just one where he showed flashes. certainly wasnt a game where he put it all together. ill have to see if i can go watch the others sometime, didnt see either of those. thanks for actually giving us some examples though, about time someone did.

EDIT:
              mallett's the best passer in the class straight up, he really looks like a pro qb throwing the ball out there. its all the off the field stuff none of us really know about that could make or break his career. the only other guy who puts the ball where it belongs even close to mallett is stanzi imo. im not an iowa fan btw, just realized i kinda sound like one with the stanzi love and saying i saw that iowa game.
              Mallett is the best passer as you say but he comes across as a Ryan Leaf type to me and he has no movement in the pocket from what i've seen. The others have questions but the upside is very good.

If i'm drafting in the top 5 or so i'm passing on a QB and at the least thinking of taking one in the early second or trading back into the first round.

Comment

• I've liked Stanzi for a while now and think he'll develop into a starter sooner than later, ( kind of hope Harbaugh drafts him!!).
                Honestly, can someone make the argument that Gabbert is a better pro prospect than Stanzi?? IMO Stanzi is a playmaker, he's a baller. Yeah he'll make mistakes, but he can carry his entire offense on his back too.

It wouldn't surprise me if NFL GMs, scouts and HCs feel there isn't a 'can't miss' QB prospect in this draft, but still believe there's great depth at the position with several guys who possess significant upside and the potential to eventually become starters.

You know, if draft experts rated Gabbert a solid 1st round prospect and no better than the 3rd or 4th player at his position, I think he'd be receiving almost universal love among draft fans, or at least a mere fraction of the criticism he seems to attract.

It's blowing him up as THE top QB prospect in the 2011 draft and potentially a consensus #1 that's causing people to chop him down, deservedly so.

Comment

• Rob Rang has heard that Locker has serious interest from the Titans, Skins, Vikings, Jags, Dolphins and Niners (the latter would no doubt trade down to the 10-20 range if they were going to take Jake.

I sort of take Rang with a grain of salt but the guy is pretty well thought of. It may be nothing more than teams having interest in a lot of people.

Comment

• not sure why the "latter" would trade down if teams at 8 and 10 are interested. ive got him going to sf at 7 in my most current mock. well see as it gets closer.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dirty Thirty View Post
                      not sure why the "latter" would trade down if teams at 8 and 10 are interested. ive got him going to sf at 7 in my most current mock. well see as it gets closer.
                      7 might be a spot where a lot of teams in need of a QB might want to trade up to (for any of the top guys). With Harbaugh i think he has that Mike Holmgren type ego that could take someone later and mold him to his liking.

Comment

• MM Locker to SF is just per awesomeness I mean really what better team to land him a spot there.Only bad thing is he might to start unless we pick up a vet for two years.

Comment

Working...
                        X

Debug Information