First Round Bubble Players

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Round Bubble Players

Now that the combine has passed we all know which players are on the rise to move up in the Top 10 picks or first round of the draft. I would like to know which players are on the bubble, as far as moving out of the first into the 2nd round of the draft.

Here is who come to mind for me

Ryan Mallett
    Jonathan Baldwin
    Aaron Williams
    Mike Pouncey

Originally Posted by JoeJoeBrown
    The most important thing, however, is how strong their swagger factors are.
    Newton
    South of the Mason Dixon +10 swagger
    Barely literate +5 swagger
    Thief +15 swagger
    Kicked off of a team of thugs +20 swagger
    Big, average speed -3 swagger
    Hasn't done jacksquat on the field +15 swagger
    Total Swagger: 62
    ATL College Park Zone 3* +20 swagger Bonus pts

mason bananas foster
    Originally posted by njx9
    i mean, why wouldn't the broncos take cam newton? they can play him at quarterback WITH tebow!

Comment

I think guys like Torrey Smith, Muhammad Wilkerson, Christian Ballard, Brooks Reed, and maybe Akeem Ayers are in that discussion too as late first/early second round picks. Jimmy Smith could drop out because of character red flags. Jake Locker is a guy who some think will go top 20, but most agree probably should or will go in early round 2. It only takes one team like it did with Tebow, so it will be interesting to see what happens with him.

Comment

Originally posted by keylime_5 View Post
        I think guys like Torrey Smith, Muhammad Wilkerson, Christian Ballard, Brooks Reed, and maybe Akeem Ayers are in that discussion too as late first/early second round picks. Jimmy Smith could drop out because of character red flags. Jake Locker is a guy who some think will go top 20, but most agree probably should or will go in early round 2. It only takes one team like it did with Tebow, so it will be interesting to see what happens with him.
        In this vein I think Ponder, Kaepernick, Locker and Mallett are all bubble first rounders. If a team likes any of these guys enough they may move up to get them or they could drop to the end of the second to beginning of third. I don't see teams spending a first round pick on Ponder, Kaepernick or Mallett but if there is a run on QBs you never know.

Comment

I think Clayborn is becoming a bubble guy with all the conditioning issues and his medical condition

Sick Sig by the BONEKRUSHER

Originally posted by Raheem Morris
          Stats are for losers, so you keep looking at stats and we'll keep looking at wins.

Comment

I think there are 3 bubble players who all have character issues which could send them to round 2 even though they have round 1 ability.
            1) Marvin Austin who entered his senior season ranked in the top 10. He missed his senior season but he just finished the combine with a magnificent workout.

2) Ryan Mallet, has 1st round talent but also has huge question marks about his character.

3) Johathan Baldwin - the Pitt WR has everything you look for ion a #1 receiver but also has serious character issues to overcome.

There are also a couple of others with character/injury issues which places them on the bubble:

4) Jimmy Smith - didn't play up to expectation his final year and character issues seem to be present.

5) Phil Taylor - Super talented guy but he was kicked off Penn St. by Joe Paterno. Could possibly go in the 15-25 range or teams may wait till round 2.

6) Kyle Rudolph - Just a complete stud and would have been a sure fire 1st rounder but he is injured and may last till round 2.
            And proud of it!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Iamcanadian View Post
              I think there are 3 bubble players who all have character issues which could send them to round 2 even though they have round 1 ability.
              1) Marvin Austin who entered his senior season ranked in the top 10. He missed his senior season but he just finished the combine with a magnificent workout.

2) Ryan Mallet, has 1st round talent but also has huge question marks about his character.

3) Johathan Baldwin - the Pitt WR has everything you look for ion a #1 receiver but also has serious character issues to overcome.

There are also a couple of others with character/injury issues which places them on the bubble:

4) Jimmy Smith - didn't play up to expectation his final year and character issues seem to be present.

5) Phil Taylor - Super talented guy but he was kicked off Penn St. by Joe Paterno. Could possibly go in the 15-25 range or teams may wait till round 2.

6) Kyle Rudolph - Just a complete stud and would have been a sure fire 1st rounder but he is injured and may last till round 2.
              It's a no brainer he is not going in the first

Originally Posted by JoeJoeBrown
              The most important thing, however, is how strong their swagger factors are.
              Newton
              South of the Mason Dixon +10 swagger
              Barely literate +5 swagger
              Thief +15 swagger
              Kicked off of a team of thugs +20 swagger
              Big, average speed -3 swagger
              Hasn't done jacksquat on the field +15 swagger
              Total Swagger: 62
              ATL College Park Zone 3* +20 swagger Bonus pts

Comment

Marvin Austin was described as having "A complete and total lack of character." He will not be drafted in round 1. I wouldn't be shocked to see him in day 3.
                **** her in da *****!

Comment

Originally posted by descendency View Post
                  Marvin Austin was described as having "A complete and total lack of character." He will not be drafted in round 1. I wouldn't be shocked to see him in day 3.
                  I'm more concerned with him being a terrible football player with a poor work ethic than I am about character concernzzz.

Comment

cameron heyward easily could go in late first/early second

Comment

OG Marcus Cannon, looked ridiculously athletic at the combine.

DT Drake Nevis, undersized and did not test super well.

Comment

I've got Clayborn, Mallett, Torrey Smith, Taylor, Reed, Locker, Heyward, Wilkerson, Hankerson, and Ayers as fringe 1st/2nd rounders.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Cannon weighed in at his Pro Day at 6'5" 349lbs. which is 9lbs less then the combine.

I think he is answering questions about his ability to lose weight. If he showed good feet like his Combine performance people might start thinking he can play OT and move him up.

Comment

People are overrating Austin's character concerns. He's not a bad guy, he's just immature. He is a terrific athlete who will be a steal at any point past the 3rd round.

Comment

Originally posted by RealityCheck View Post
                              People are overrating Austin's character concerns. He's not a bad guy, he's just immature. He is a terrific athlete who will be a steal at any point past the 2nd round.
                              just had to correct that

and yes personally i believe marvin austin is the 3rd best DT in the draft

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information