Von Miller Representing NFL Players in Anti-Trust Lawsuit

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Von Miller Representing NFL Players in Anti-Trust Lawsuit

"The players who filed the antitrust lawsuit include: Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, Drew Brees, Vincent Jackson, Ben Leber, Logan Mankins, Brian Robison, Osi Umenyiora, Mike Vrabel and Texas A&M linebacker Von Miller, who is entered in this year's draft."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=6205936

Ballsy move by Miller IMO, but you have to respect his decision to stand up for his future teammates (and fellow players around the league).

But if an agreement isn't reached before the draft, could this cause him to fall? I wouldn't be surprised to see some owners refuse to draft him if the lawsuit is still going on and an agreement hasn't been reached.

Thoughts?
    Last edited by RJS113; 03-11-2011, 05:56 PM.

Suing your prospective employer before they actually hire you is generally not considered to be a smart move. "Sports" is really the only business in which it could actually work out for you.

Comment

Give me 11 Von Millers.

Comment

Originally posted by Babylon View Post
        Give me 11 Von Millers.

I agree 100%, I just don't know if this will make the owners feel the same way.

Comment

Originally posted by RJS113 View Post
          I agree 100%, I just don't know if this will make the owners feel the same way.
          This is about the time where fans jump in and say they hope he drops to their favorite team. My opinion of Miller continues to rise.

Comment

And Peyton Manning won't get his big contract because of this either. Come on, if GMs and coaches want Von Miller, they will get Von Miller.

Follow Me on Twitter!
            https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam

Comment

even if there are some owners that would take it wrong, some of them have to respect his ballsiness

Comment

How is Von supposed do this and raise chickens at the same time.

Comment

I heard he did this because he thought he could slip through the issue and tackle this problem, but he got blocked by the doors to the court and couldn't disengage.
                  **** her in da *****!

Comment

Is there any point of him (or anyone else) jumping in on this?

Comment

Originally posted by GB12 View Post
                      Is there any point of him (or anyone else) jumping in on this?
                      The more the marrier right?

It's not like there is a process for joint claims processing.
                      **** her in da *****!

Comment

Originally posted by Shane P. Hallam View Post
                        And Peyton Manning won't get his big contract because of this either. Come on, if GMs and coaches want Von Miller, they will get Von Miller.
                        There is zero chance Manning signs a new deal before a new CBA is agreed to. Zero. Will Manning get a new deal after the CBA is finalized? Of course. But until then, the Colts will continue to hold his rights with the franchise tag.

Comment

There is zero chance Manning signs a new deal before a new CBA is agreed to. Zero. Will Manning get a new deal after the CBA is finalized? Of course. But until then, the Colts will continue to hold his rights with the franchise tag.
                          I never said he would. But Von won't sign before a CBA is done either...

Follow Me on Twitter!
                          https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam

Comment

Originally posted by Shane P. Hallam View Post
                            I never said he would. But Von won't sign before a CBA is done either...
                            So is it really unrealistic to think that an owner wouldn't sign off on drafting a guy that he is currently being sued by? When a team drafts a player, they do so with the intention of signing that player, and having him become a member of their organization. If I'm an owner of any company, would I really want to hire someone that is currently suing me?

You can also make the argument that every incoming player holds the same stance as Miller, and Miller is simply representing his fellow rookie class. From that standpoint, Miller certainly shows leadership, which is one of the biggest traits teams look for in a player.

I'm not saying that Miller is going to fall in the draft. I do, however, think it's a possibility, and is a fair question to be asked.

Comment

So is it really unrealistic to think that an owner wouldn't sign off on drafting a guy that he is currently being sued by? When a team drafts a player, they do so with the intention of signing that player, and having him become a member of their organization. If I'm an owner of any company, would I really want to hire someone that is currently suing me?

You can also make the argument that every incoming player holds the same stance as Miller, and Miller is simply representing his fellow rookie class. From that standpoint, Miller certainly shows leadership, which is one of the biggest traits teams look for in a player.

I'm not saying that Miller is going to fall in the draft. I do, however, think it's a possibility, and is a fair question to be asked.
                              There was probably an outside chance that he would drop a little anyway depending on teams at the top going after QBs, now we will be able to speculate whether there was more to it than that.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information