"Lucky" Decision

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Lucky" Decision

In less then 2 hours the NFL will officially be locked out for not having an agreement on contract negotiations. I would like to know did Andrew Luck make the best decision out of all the prospects who were suppose to declare for the draft, because he stayed in school to PLAY. I look at it as a GENIUS move, because for 1 his family is well off & for 2 the rookies who will be drafted will have the same thing they been had......zip zota nada!!!!!

Originally Posted by JoeJoeBrown
    The most important thing, however, is how strong their swagger factors are.
    Newton
    South of the Mason Dixon +10 swagger
    Barely literate +5 swagger
    Thief +15 swagger
    Kicked off of a team of thugs +20 swagger
    Big, average speed -3 swagger
    Hasn't done jacksquat on the field +15 swagger
    Total Swagger: 62
    ATL College Park Zone 3* +20 swagger Bonus pts

It looks a lot smarter now than it did at the time. Also at the time it was not so sure the rookie payscale would be in effect for this draft.

Comment

if theres no season, who has the 1st pick next year? same as this year?

Sig by BK

“They have one guy, he’s pretty short. But he can go out and play. He can be a little aggravating too.’’ -- Joe Flacco talking about Brent Grimes.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonRath View Post
        Good f*cking question.

Originally Posted by JoeJoeBrown
        The most important thing, however, is how strong their swagger factors are.
        Newton
        South of the Mason Dixon +10 swagger
        Barely literate +5 swagger
        Thief +15 swagger
        Kicked off of a team of thugs +20 swagger
        Big, average speed -3 swagger
        Hasn't done jacksquat on the field +15 swagger
        Total Swagger: 62
        ATL College Park Zone 3* +20 swagger Bonus pts

Comment

Originally posted by shylo3716 View Post
          Good f*cking question.
          if it is the same order, Carolinas lucky as ****. they get 2 1st over all picks but only has to embarrass themselves for 16 total games..

Sig by BK

“They have one guy, he’s pretty short. But he can go out and play. He can be a little aggravating too.’’ -- Joe Flacco talking about Brent Grimes.

Comment

At first I lampooned Luck for going back, mainly for selfish reasons like wanting a strong draft or even the Titans having an outside shot at him. However, he's a smart dude obviously surrounded by smart people. He did his research and knew that whether he came out this year or the next he was going to be fitted with a rookie wage scale regardless due to the CBA expiring before the draft. Stanford could legit compete for the national title next year and it looks like an excellent decision at this point. I'll just keep my fingers crossed he doesn't tear his knee up or something next season.
            Credit to BoneKrusher for the Sig
            RIP themaninblack

Comment

I think if the season is lost they'd do something similar to what the NHL did. The entire draft was a lottery, where each team began with 3 balls, and was guaranteed at least one ball. A ball was removed for every time in the past 3 years a team either a) made the playoffs or b) had the first overall pick. So if a team like Carolina who made the playoffs once and had the first overall pick once, they would get one ball. A team like Denver which has not had a 1st pick or made the playoffs in the last 3 years would have 3 balls. I'm pretty sure that's how the NHL did it, and it's as good a guess as any right now.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
              Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
              Originally posted by njx9
              do i tell you when to flip the burger?

Comment

There's going to be a season. There's way to much feed in the trough for the pigs to give up an entire season of feeding.

Comment

Even if it's only 7 or 8 games, the NFL will play this season, have the playoffs and host a SB.

Comment

Originally posted by Halsey View Post
                    There's going to be a season. There's way too much feed in the trough for the pigs to give up an entire season of feeding.
                    I agree, and there will be a draft like usual.
                    And while I am still 100% sure Luck made the wrong decision, as I was when Leinart and Brohm and Michael Bush and Sam Bradford stayed in school, Luck will probably still be #1 next year even with bad injury like Bradford had.

But as a guy with an economics background (sort of), I still find it horribly unwise to play one full season of a risky sport for free when one can play that same season and make a guaranteed 8-figures+.

Comment

I was so mad when I heard his Decision but now have realized he is a True Role Model. He say he want's his Degree and is going to work to get it, He values his Education and hates when people talk about how good he is. A Great Character compared to I want to be a Icon, I was the best player on my team and Cheated my way through College. Andrew Luck I a Hero to Me.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonRath View Post
                        If you're the panthers, would you draft Dareus/Peterson/etc (not a QB) and hope there is no football this year? Turn around and draft Andrew Luck :D
                        **** her in da *****!

Comment

He knew what he was doing. He placed a strong importance on getting his education and he is following through on his degree.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                          Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy

Comment

I think it's all his father. His father also told him to go to Stanford, knowing full well what kind of coach Harbaugh was. And, I'm sure Oliver had some sort of connection on the inside to keep him updated on the labor situation. It seems like the super rich always know each other.

Comment

There will be a season at some point the owners and players will finally realize how much money they are losing and come to agreement at some point even if it is a 1 or 2 year deal.

RIP themaninblack

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information