Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone see Brian Baldinger do just that to Mayock?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone see Brian Baldinger do just that to Mayock?

Man, talk about calling someone out!!! He undressed Mayock after Mayock ranked Costanzo as his #10 player overall!! Basically calling him a Boston College homer which he is and pointed out all sorts of flaws in Constanzo's game that Mayock had been ignoring. It was hilarious to see how made Mayock was getting. He was sitting there rocking back and forth like he was about to spaz! Anyone see this?
    Kaepernick is this years pat white. Thin, gimmick offense and doesn't possess an nfl arm. The ncaa constantly regurgitates clones of past players and amazingly enough, tricks some people into thinking they're better than their cloned half. Kaepernick was a complete waste of a senior bowl qb spot. A better qb will come from the east/west shrine or whatever they're calling it now...count on it

- Genius

yes i found it refreshing to actually have a spirited debate instead of yes man Charles Davis agreeing with Mayock the whole way. They needed Casserly in there to make it a three way dance.

"O-H-I-O...its a four letter word."
    Mike Tirico

Magilla Gorilla ain'ta killa, ...

Roger Goodell's Beautify the NFL Campaign-No Violence-No Criminals-No Fun

"(Ole Miss QB) Bo Wallace is one of those types of quarterbacks who is always trying to save the city but he's actually burning it down." -- NFC director of scouting

Comment

Damn, really sad I missed that. Baldingers a meathead but I hate Mayock

Comment

Supply and demand along with athletic ability probably pushes Castonzo up into the top dozen or so picks so not sure where Baldinger is coming from, although i havent seen the clip nor do i wish to actually.

Comment

Costanzo is probably the safest o-line pick in the draft. Not sure where Baldinger is coming from.

Comment

Originally posted by Babylon View Post
            Supply and demand along with athletic ability probably pushes Castonzo up into the top dozen or so picks so not sure where Baldinger is coming from, although i havent seen the clip nor do i wish to actually.
            I didn't see the clip but I did watch Castonzo a few time this year and I didn't much care for what I saw. It scares me that the Bears just may take him....I'd definitely prefer Carimi even though I don't love him at LT.

If you want someone athletic with upside, take Smith or Solder. If you want someone "safer" who will, at worst, make for a solid RT, take Carimi. Didn't love what I saw in Castonzo this year. Definitely overrated in my book.

Comment

I think a lot of this sprung out of the flack that Baldinger took for his "Mock Draft" (really, a mock top 10) this week where he mocked Carimi to the Cowboys. Both Charles Davis and Mike Mayock took exception to that for reasons including "You don't take right tackles that high", "Carimi isn't even the best offensive lineman in the draft", and "Two days ago, you ripped me for giving an OL to the Cowboys when you said they would never do that."

Comment

Hard to believe these guys would get upset with each other over meaningless daily top 10 lists.

Comment

Brian Baldinger is an idiot and questioning whether or not Mike Mayock could be objective about a prospect based on his school was a dick move imo.

I'm all up for debate and a healthy argument, but come on.

Originally posted by fenikz
                  His soft D really turns me off
                  ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Comment

Originally posted by DeathbyStat View Post
                    yes i found it refreshing to actually have a spirited debate instead of yes man Charles Davis agreeing with Mayock the whole way. They needed Casserly in there to make it a three way dance.
                    Yeah, it would have been nice if someone said something to him when the was making the empty claim that Vernon Gholston could play the OLB in a 3-4 even though he had never done it and never displayed skills that showed he could.
                    Kaepernick is this years pat white. Thin, gimmick offense and doesn't possess an nfl arm. The ncaa constantly regurgitates clones of past players and amazingly enough, tricks some people into thinking they're better than their cloned half. Kaepernick was a complete waste of a senior bowl qb spot. A better qb will come from the east/west shrine or whatever they're calling it now...count on it

- Genius

Comment

Originally posted by Black Bolt View Post
                      Yeah, it would have been nice if someone said something to him when the was making the empty claim that Vernon Gholston could play the OLB in a 3-4 even though he had never done it and never displayed skills that showed he could.
                      While no one would disagree about how terrible Gholston is, this is actually true about the majority of 3-4 OLB prospects.

Most were simply undersized DEs in college and you have to do a lot of projection to how well they'll translate to beinga 3-4 OLB in the pros.

Comment

Originally posted by Babylon View Post
                        But it wasn't his mock it was his overall player RANKING. Costanzo isn't close to being the #10 player in the draft. By the way, he had him over Bowers!

- Genius

Comment

Originally posted by vidae View Post
                          Brian Baldinger is an idiot and questioning whether or not Mike Mayock could be objective about a prospect based on his school was a dick move imo.

I'm all up for debate and a healthy argument, but come on.
                          What other explanation can be offered for ranking this guy the #10 PLAYER in the entire draft??

- Genius

Comment

Originally posted by BeerBaron View Post
                            While no one would disagree about how terrible Gholston is, this is actually true about the majority of 3-4 OLB prospects.

Most were simply undersized DEs in college and you have to do a lot of projection to how well they'll translate to beinga 3-4 OLB in the pros.
                            I think you have to be able to do things like back peddle, cover and read as a OLB in a 3-4. What I'm saying is that the stiff Gholston didn't show he could do any of those things much less a repetoire of pass rush moves and NO ONE questioned it. It was completely unjustified. Mayock would state that Gholston could play the position as if it wasn't even a question.

- Genius

Comment

Originally posted by PossibleCabbage View Post
                              I think a lot of this sprung out of the flack that Baldinger took for his "Mock Draft" (really, a mock top 10) this week where he mocked Carimi to the Cowboys. Both Charles Davis and Mike Mayock took exception to that for reasons including "You don't take right tackles that high", "Carimi isn't even the best offensive lineman in the draft", and "Two days ago, you ripped me for giving an OL to the Cowboys when you said they would never do that."
                              Correct me if I am wrong, but wasn't there acknowledge doubt as to whether or not Jake Long could play LT? He went #1 overall. I didn't know it was a given that Carimi was a RT only.

- Genius

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information