Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buffalo Bills...

Originally posted by Scott Wright View Post

I will release Round 2 on Tuesday, March 22, 2011.
    In the words of the immortal Bart Scott "Can't Wait!"

As for Von Miller, I am warming up to him, but still think they have significant investments at OLB to draft one that high, and from what they have said OLB will not be the pick. I still think they go franchise QB or BPA, which I would think are Newton and Peterson respectively, so my question for you Mr. Wright is this; Is Von Miller the BPA at pick three in your mock?
    Last edited by Poz51; 03-21-2011, 10:51 AM.
    "It must be contract year!"

Deion Sanders

Comment

nice job but here are my feedbacks

-the Panthers are taking Newton let's just admit it and move on

-if the Bengals take a QB without calling Carson Palmer's bluff, it sends a message that anyone can talk their way out of Cinci. They will not take a QB in rd1 and make carson retire. If they rebuild at QB they will do it in 2012 not in 2011. AJ Green seems more likely in that slot.

-Justin Houston is going to go very high indeed. His workouts were great and he's relatively clean compared to these other DE prospects (no medical red flags etc).

-the Vikings might reach for a QB. don't be shocked Scott. the QB after Gabbert i think you have under valued, i can see a scenario where Locker, Mallett and Ponder all go in round 1. It's very feasible. It's not like these are surprise prospects, scouts have been looking at these guys for 3 or 4 years already.

- Shane and I discussed the Lions on our podcast. they should take an OT but they won't, cause they are the Lions.

-Adrian Clayborn's draft stock is shot. Ballard will go before Clayborn. Clayborn might not go til round 3. this Erb's Palsy stuff is real .

-Robert Quinn is not going to go as high as people think. the man has a brain tumor in his head. Ask any doctor, it should have been removed. the only reason they kept it in there was so he can play football. It's a crazy risk situation.

-the Jets won't take Paea or Taylor. Paea doesn't fit their system and Taylor isn't a round 1 player as you noted. If the board fell like that it would be Ballard or Reed.
      Last edited by bitonti; 03-21-2011, 07:59 AM.
      my shoes hurt

Why Me? The Bob Lamonta Story

Comment

Still feels wierd seeing the Bengals take Newton but I understand the logic and ultimately it does make sense.

Love AJ Green to the Skins. That would be the perfect scenario much like Orakpo falling to us 2 years ago.

Everything else looks pretty good. No glaring holes or schocking picks that just dont make any sense. I think Ayers might play a bit too soft for that Packers defense. Reed just seems more like the type of player that the prefer to draft at linebacker.

Comment

Ugh, I hate Ryan Kerrigan. Especially with Cam Jordan available.

Someone please explain to me what's so good about Kerrigan. I just don't see it really.

Comment

Just to let you know but you have Rich Seubert listes as one of our tackles in your blurb about Castonzo. It's actually David Diehl.
            #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
              Just to let you know but you have Rich Seubert listes as one of our tackles in your blurb about Castonzo. It's actually David Diehl.
              the Giants are another team that _should_ take a tackle but won't. I think they believe in William Beatty. another DE as always... perhaps OLB.
              my shoes hurt

Why Me? The Bob Lamonta Story

Comment

Originally posted by BigJohn98 View Post
                Ugh, I hate Ryan Kerrigan. Especially with Cam Jordan available.

Someone please explain to me what's so good about Kerrigan. I just don't see it really.
                He had more sacks that last 2 years than Jordan had in 4 years of college.

I'm sure that won't change your mind, but I doubt there's anything that anyone could say that would.

Comment

the Panthers are taking Newton let's just admit it and move on
                  Hard for me to think that with Richardson as the owner, Im going Dareus.

if the Bengals take a QB without calling Carson Palmer's bluff, it sends a message that anyone can talk their way out of Cinci. They will not take a QB in rd1 and make carson retire. If they rebuild at QB they will do it in 2012 not in 2011. AJ Green seems more likely in that slot.
                  Agree but I can see the second or third round pick on one.

-the Vikings might reach for a QB. don't be shocked Scott. the QB after Gabbert i think you have under valued, i can see a scenario where Locker, Mallett and Ponder all go in round 1. It's very feasible. It's not like these are surprise prospects, scouts have been looking at these guys for 3 or 4 years already.
                  I agree I think oyu will see some scared teams on missing out on QB's if Locker does indeed go to Minny then that can be the start of all the QB's going. ie Mallett, Ponder, Kaepernick ( I have Ponder to the Jax bandwagon, just seems like a Gene Smith thing to do.

Shane and I discussed the Lions on our podcast. they should take an OT but they won't, cause they are the Lions.
                  I can really see Castanzo here, even if T.Smith is still available, seems like a Schwartz kind of player

Adrian Clayborn's draft stock is shot. Ballard will go before Clayborn. Clayborn might not go til round 3. this Erb's Palsy stuff is real .
                  Agreed but I think someone in the second will grab him.

Robert Quinn is not going to go as high as people think. the man has a brain tumor in his head. Ask any doctor, it should have been removed. the only reason they kept it in there was so he can play football. It's a crazy risk situation.
                  Agreed, but how far can you really drop this guy knowing he has played through it. Past 20? I couldn't see it but it wouldn't shock me
                  Patriots Draft 2015
                  1. CB - Marcus Peters
                  2. WR - Sammie Coates
                  3. RB - David Johnson
                  3. DT - Angelo Blackson
                  4. OG - Tre Jackson
                  4. DE - Za'Darius Smith
                  5. LB - Ben Heeney
                  6. TE - Wes Saxton
                  7. OG - Jose Matais

Comment

Teams that need a QB this year don't have a lot of motivation to wait until next year. Other than Andrew Luck, I don't see any college QBs who are sure fire elite prospects. For a team like the Bengals, they likely can either take a QB with lots of questions this year, or just wait to take one with lots of questions next year. What's the point in waiting, unless they think they're guaranteed Andrew Luck.
                    Last edited by Halsey; 03-21-2011, 09:15 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by regoob2 View Post
                      I like Liuget but I've never loved him. I would prefer Ijalana there.
                      Ijalana's a pretty big reach right there though. I know the rankings aren't updated, but Scott has Ijalana at #40 (which is actually higher than most have him). I would hope the Bears would trade down and get an extra pick if the top 5 OL are all gone. But Liuget would be BPA at 29 if the Bears stay.

Comment

I'll have no problem if we select "Son of Iron-head", but I do hope NO takes Paea with our first round pick.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack

Comment

I like Aaron Williams, but I'm not sure if I like him over Derek Sherrod.

Comment

Originally posted by rawdawg View Post
                            Ijalana's a pretty big reach right there though. I know the rankings aren't updated, but Scott has Ijalana at #40 (which is actually higher than most have him). I would hope the Bears would trade down and get an extra pick if the top 5 OL are all gone. But Liuget would be BPA at 29 if the Bears stay.
                            I have Paea rated higher so Liuget wouldn't even be bpa at the DT position for me. I think Ijalana is a better player at a far bigger need position. With FA coming after the draft how can we afford to not go OL.

Comment

i'm fine with the Giants pick. we need an OT and at our pick, we'll probably have our choice of quite a few guys. There it will be all who our scouts like. I'm a fan of Carimi, but I'd be fine with Anthony C.
                              We ALL bleed scarlet
                              New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
                              UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
                              Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
                              BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

Comment

I'm not sure about Aldon Smith for the Texans. Even though OLB is a position of need, Kubiak and GM Rick Smith do not have the luxury of waiting for another young raw prospect to develop. Both Kubiak and Smith are on the hot seat and need to draft the most talented defensive player available who can come in and contribute early. If Robert Quinn doesn't check out medically, I see them taking Cameron Jordan or JJ Watt at 11. Even though I didn't see them taking a 3-4 DE that early since its not a need but consider this, Mario Williams is in a contract year and has played hurt the last 2 years and will probably command a huge contract, and Antonio Smith received a large free agent contract 3 years ago and really hasn't produced as much as they would have liked.

If Jordan or Watt are taken in round 1, look for the best CB or OLB available in round 2.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information