No announcement yet.

3/21 - Mock Draft Updated!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not in love with the Chiefs pick. RT could probably be upgraded, but I still don't see it as a first round need. Richardson wasn't THAT bad, and he's young and still developing.

NT, WR, OLB, C are all much bigger IMMEDIATE needs.

Originally posted by fenikz
    His soft D really turns me off
    ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Comment

sorry Scott, totally disagree with Miller to the Bills. the Bills do not seem to do the "smoke screen" game. last year they were honest about what they needed, they talked about wanting a "water-bug" type player a lot, and we took Spiller in the 1st although it was not a need, they also talked about needing to get players for the 3-4 and we went with 3-4 D-Line in the 2nd and 3rd.

now, this year Gailey and Nix have spoke a lot of Newton. here are some other quotes.

on the Bills main site, in a senior bowl video interview, Nix said:
      "we're all set at Outside LBer, but we need some Inside LBers...bigger guys...."
      Nix on Newton's accuracy/mechanics:
      "I think they’re good, but I don’t put a lot of stock in that, but a lot of people do," Nix said. "I saw Doug Flutie throw it underhanded so I don’t know why it matters. What matters is getting it out on time and hitting what you aim at."
      Gailey quotes:
      http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/bi...icle307554.ece
      "What has got to happen is you've got to understand that I think Fitz is a really good quarterback, and I think he can take our team to the playoffs. But if you've got a chance to get a guy that you think for 10 years, 12 years, is going to be the guy, Fitz is moving on up in years, too. How many years do you expect us to draft No. 3 and be able to get a guy like that, even if you put him under wraps for a year or two while you're grooming him? You have to consider that."
      http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2011/0...draft-outlook/
      “We’re sitting there with the third pick in the draft this year,” said Gailey on WHTK. ”If there is a franchise guy, I’m talking about a guy that can be the guy for six, eight, 10, 12 years then you’ve got to consider it. Even if Fitz starts for the next two years and you have to develop him, you still have to consider it. I know Buddy (Nix) and I are in this thing for the long term. We’re not just looking for the quick fix, what can we do to win this year no matter what. It’s about what the best decision is long term for the Buffalo Bills.”
      outside of the direct quotes, there have been tons of rumors stating Nix and Gailey both love Newton.

the point is ... the Bills don't pull punches (they might just not be smart enough), they tend to show their hand. everything has pointed toward Newton, and Nix has flat out said we are set at OLB, and with keeping Maybin another year (he is getting one more year at least, there are quotes i can't find right now), and signing Merriman, we are not drafting Miller.

i know you like to stick to your guns on certain picks Scott, but if Newton is on the board at #3, he is the pick, you can't keep giving us Miller (even if it's not Newton it won't be Miller).
      Last edited by essential; 03-21-2011, 10:40 AM.
      2015 Bills Draft:

This is the NFL draft, not a boyscout draft.

Comment

Originally posted by essential View Post
        sorry Scott, totally disagree with Miller to the Bills. the Bills do not seem to do the "smoke screen" game. last year they were honest about what they needed, they talked about wanting a "water-bug" type player a lot, and we took Spiller in the 1st although it was not a need, they also talked about needing to get players for the 3-4 and we went with 3-4 D-Line in the 2nd and 3rd.

now, this year Gailey and Nix have spoke a lot of Newton. here are some other quotes.

Gailey quotes:

outside of the direct quotes, there have been tons of rumors stating Nix and Gailey both love Newton.

the point is ... the Bills don't pull punches (they might just not be smart enough), they tend to show their hand. everything has pointed toward Newton, and Nix has flat out said we are set at OLB, and with keeping Maybin another year, and signing Merriman, we are not drafting Miller.

i know you like to stick to your guns on certain picks Scott, but if Newton is on the board at #3, he is the pick, you can't keep giving us Miller.
        Completely agree with this. The Bills are taking Newton and are all but screaming it from the mountaintops. They did the same thing last year with Spiller, but nobody was listening.

Comment

AJ Green falling to #10, any chance Julio could actually jump him and AJ could be available at #14 for the Rams?

Love em both so if we get either, I'd be happy. Them or Aldon Smith.

Comment

I'm digging the Pats mock.
            Not coming away with Kerrigan or Houston blows though
            -Boston Red Sox-New England Patriots-Boston Celtics-

Comment

The Detroit Lions will not take an Offensive Tackle unless something drastic happens.

Jeff Backus is old, okay, we get it ... but -- he played very well last year. As I've posted in several other topics, he graded out as the best OT in the NFCN last year(I can't remember which site but, it was a pretty well respected one). He played very good for us and we actually ran better to the left side than the right side.

Gosder Cherilus played well(Schwartz said that was our best OL last year) and Corey Hilliard played well at backup RT when Cherilus went down.

Going back to two years ago ... Schwartz specifically stated you do not need an elite LT to be a good team and 'win it all' ... he listed the Colts, Saints, Steelers, and Patriots are prime examples ... none had a Walter Jones, Orlando Pace, etc type of player ... this team just does not value LT that highly and goes BPA ... I seriously doubt a player like Tyron Smith who's a project at LT or Castonzo who has serious athleticism issues are going to be the BPA on our board over guys like Kerrigan, Jordan, Aldon Smith, Quinn, etc.

Essentially ... there's like no chance we go LT.

Comment

Lions fans are the new Chiefs fans, and it makes me kinda happy.

Comment

This is the Bears nightmare scenario.

There is a run on the top OL talent and they are left at 29 with a monstrous need at OL and a 1st round DT.

Liuget is the value pick and fits the system, but they really wanted someone to fall.

Comment

Originally posted by regoob2 View Post
                    I have Paea rated higher so Liuget wouldn't even be bpa at the DT position for me. I think Ijalana is a better player at a far bigger need position. With FA coming after the draft how can we afford to not go OL.
                    Trade down is another great option for the Bears if they feel the OL need is that big and do not want to risk an uncertain free agency period.

Someone I have been mocking to the Bears in the 2nd round is OG Clint Boling. He is not flashy or as physically impressive as Ijalana, but he is a tough mean lunch pale blocker that I could see Mike Tice falling in love with.

Not as much upside as Ijalana, but I think Boling starts Day 1 at LG for the Bears.

Comment

I don't like Prince going as high as #7 to San Fran. I think he is getting top 10 talk because after him,. the drop off at CB is severe so some team may reach but IMO, he isn't a top 10 talent. Zero interception as a senior hardly says he's in that league. More of a 11-20 type.
                      San Fran will likely take Quinn(if he doesn't drop like a rock due to his brain tumour) or Aldon Smith.

While I believe Jerry Jones is the reason Dallas may never win another SB while he's the owner/GM, I don't believe he will go Watt in round 1. Passing on an OLman would just be ridiculous and clearly show, he has no idea of how to build a winner in the NFL, oh but I guess he is after all Jerry Jones.

I also don't think Miami will go Ingram at #15, just way too early for a RB with no breakaway speed. He'll go round 1 but much later IMO, Miami can take a shot on a RB in round 2 who could easily turnout to be a better player than Ingram in the end.

Tampa Bay is still predominately a Tampa 2 defense, so I don't believe Clayborn suits that scheme. Houston would make a lot more sense to me if they take a DE, a smaller type who can really rush the passer.

I just don't see Heyward as a 4-3 DE, He'll likely play DT in that scheme, far more likely to see a 3-4 team draft him as a DE.

Not a Brandon Harris fan and even Jimmy Smith may be a reach in round one. Just don't like these CB's, Harris, because he was eaten alive by Floyd in the Notre Dame game and Smith because his character issues show up on the field with lackadaisical play. I can see both slipping to round 2.
                      And proud of it!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Wright View Post
                        I'm not buying the Phil Taylor in Round 1 hype.

I think you could make the argument that he's a first round talent, but once teams finish up their investigations the off-the-field issues will eventually push him in the second round.
                        I tend to agree, when Joe Paterno kicks you off his team, scouts and GM's will take notice.
                        And proud of it!!!

Comment

Von Miller to the Bills? Ew, talk about Aaron Maybin 2.0

Comment

Originally posted by JohnCandy View Post
                            This is the Bears nightmare scenario.

There is a run on the top OL talent and they are left at 29 with a monstrous need at OL and a 1st round DT.

Liuget is the value pick and fits the system, but they really wanted someone to fall.
                            With the loss of Harris, Smith will be looking hard for a replacement, OLmen can be found in rounds 2 and 3.
                            And proud of it!!!

Comment

I wont even have to look at it to know what pick Wright is giving to the Bengals. Let me take a Guess with the #4 pick the Bengals select Cam Newton.

RIP themaninblack

Comment

Originally posted by essential View Post

Gailey quotes:

the point is ... the Bills don't pull punches (they might just not be smart enough), they tend to show their hand. everything has pointed toward Newton, and Nix has flat out said we are set at OLB, and with keeping Maybin another year (he is getting one more year at least, there are quotes i can't find right now), and signing Merriman, we are not drafting Miller.

i know you like to stick to your guns on certain picks Scott, but if Newton is on the board at #3, he is the pick, you can't keep giving us Miller (even if it's not Newton it won't be Miller).
                                They did the same thing with Tebow last year and they didn't take him. Remember that?

Also, you are right about Nix being honest, BUT, as far as being set at OLB, Nix has brought in quite a few OLB prospects that lead you to believe the Bills are taking an OLB high in this draft despite what he said.

So far he's brought in Kerrigan, Bowers, Houston, and Miller.

So the Bills are in fact looking at pass-rushing OLBs, heck Nix said the biggest need for the Bills front 7 is a pass rusher. And I don't believe that bringing in all of those OLBs is a smokescreen since that would just be a waste of visits...

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information