X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Patrick Peterson = 9 Wonderlic

AJ Green = 10

Rocket Surgeons, these two.

I doubt if it effects their draft status, but it's not a positive thing when potential draftee is dumber than a box of rocks.

Most people simply do not understand the combine.

It's a test to see if you meet expectations. Your stock falls when you don't and it rises when you exceed them.

If the NFL already thought AJ Green and Patrick Peterson were dumb, they'd probably not care. If they thought they were brain surgeons, they'd probably be passing on them in April.

This applies to every drill and test - even the wonderlic.
    **** her in da *****!

Comment

You have to be really ******* stupid to score that low. Oh well, I'm sure they will both be studly NFL'ers. Go SEC!

Comment

I'll take them both and i couldnt care less if they cant spell cat even if they're given the c and the t.

Comment

There are 50 questions and I believe each one has four choices. So if you just Christmas Tree the thing, you would likely get a 12. When guys get scores in the 9-13 range, it makes me think that is what they did because I've taken sample Wonderlic tests and I'd say about 40% of the questions are things I learned in elementary school and for a college graduate (or at least a guy who spent three years in college) to not be able to get at least 15-20, it shows a great lack of intelligence.

Originally posted by SolidGold
          Bortlezzzzzzz
          Originally posted by Monomach
          Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 

Comment

Yeah, those really low scores worry me. Wideout probably requires the least intelligence of any offensive position, though. Body control, hands and speed are much more important as long as you have a good idea of what you're supposed to run. Not a whole lot of decision-making to be had. I'd be more worried at PP's score, because he's got to be able to read plays in the NFL, and that's the concern that everyone already had with him; he didn't have to read much in college, because his skillset was so good he could afford to simply react.

And a little off-topic and probably overtread, but I'm really leery of a QB scoring much less than 20.

Comment

Originally posted by jrdrylie View Post
              There are 50 questions and I believe each one has four choices.
              Only some questions on the Wonderlic are multiple choice. For most of them you actually have to write down an answer selecting from the big ol' solution space of "all the things you could possibly write."

Even ones that are multiple choice, you may have a ten or more choices.

Comment

Honestly, I think most skill position players simply blow off the wonderlic.
                I bet their agents have told them don't worry about doing well on the wonderlic because other than QB, maybe middle LBs, it has absolutely ZERO impact on your draft status.

Scores below 12 for someone who's been attending classes for three years no matter the curriculum at a D1 school means they just blew off the test.

Same deal with the BP.

BTW, if a QB can throw a football 75 yards, does anyone really care how much he can bench or what his standing broad jump is??

Some of these combine tests are relevant to the position a prospect plays, many aren't.

The only downside is that draftniks will call you stoopid.lol.

Comment

Darrelle Revis scored a 10. How's he doing? :o)
                  Scott Wright, President
                  Draft Countdown.com
                  www.draftcountdown.com

Twitter: twitter.com/DraftCountdown

Draft Countdown Podcast, Every Tuesday at 8 PM EST
                  www.blogtalkradio.com/draftcountdown and on iTunes

Comment

Originally posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post
                    Scores below 12 for someone who's been attending classes for three years no matter the curriculum at a D1 school means they just blew off the test.
                    "Family Life Services"
                    **** her in da *****!

Comment

Originally posted by descendency View Post
                      "Family Life Services"

LOL!!

Funny and tragic at the same time.

Comment

Originally posted by Calubflower View Post
                        Yeah, those really low scores worry me. Wideout probably requires the least intelligence of any offensive position, though. Body control, hands and speed are much more important as long as you have a good idea of what you're supposed to run. Not a whole lot of decision-making to be had. I'd be more worried at PP's score, because he's got to be able to read plays in the NFL, and that's the concern that everyone already had with him; he didn't have to read much in college, because his skillset was so good he could afford to simply react.

And a little off-topic and probably overtread, but I'm really leery of a QB scoring much less than 20.
                        I mean is it really that hard to get above a 10. I mean Frank Gore was dyslexic and he got only 3 less points lower than PP. He really needs to get smarter...lol

Comment

Originally posted by Babylon View Post
                          I'll take them both and i couldnt care less if they cant spell cat even if they're given the c and the t.
                          He spelled LSU with a 6.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeJoeBrown View Post
                            AJ Green = 10

Rocket Surgeons, these two.

I doubt if it effects their draft status, but it's not a positive thing when potential draftee is dumber than a box of rocks.
                            For the QB position, the Wonderlic is VERY important. I wouldn't draft a QB with a 9 on the Wonderlic.

For the other positions, not as much.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Wright View Post
                              Darrelle Revis scored a 10. How's he doing? :o)
                              He's probably going to be another one of those broke athletes. He may be doing fine now, but wait until he's retired and broke.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information