No announcement yet.

3/26 - Rankings Updated!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Leonard Hankerson that low?????????????? WOW!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by jrdrylie View Post
      How about issues that he is a cheater? Or a thief? Or a liar?
      Bammer fan. Is Dareus a cheater too? He willfully attended an agent-sponsored party and actually got suspended because of it. That is a bad teammate right there.

Comment

Originally posted by jrdrylie View Post
        How about issues that he is a cheater? Or a thief? Or a liar?
        Ding, Ding, Ding!
        Scott Wright, President
        Draft Countdown.com
        www.draftcountdown.com

Twitter: twitter.com/DraftCountdown

Draft Countdown Podcast, Every Tuesday at 8 PM EST
        www.blogtalkradio.com/draftcountdown and on iTunes

Comment

Originally posted by Babylon View Post
          This is what i like about Scout, most guys who do this stuff for a living would just follow the Lemmings off the cliff and not go against the grain. At this point it is probably a fine line between any of the top 3 QBs but i give Scott credit for putting himself out there.
          Actually in this situation, Scott is following the lemmings. Everybody is throwing mud at Newton and Fairley. The only reason Scott hasn't dropped Locker is because he is stubborn about being wrong about him. He promised Locker would light up the Senior Bowl practices and he fell flat on his face.

WELCOME REALITY

Comment

Originally posted by jCut View Post
            Actually in this situation, Scott is following the lemmings. Everybody is throwing mud at Newton and Fairley. The only reason Scott hasn't dropped Locker is because he is stubborn about being wrong about him. He promised Locker would light up the Senior Bowl practices and he fell flat on his face.
            Ha, I didn't promise Locker, but I definitely thought he'd do better than he did. With that said, Locker was still ten times better than Tim Tebow was in Mobile and look where he was picked.
            Scott Wright, President
            Draft Countdown.com
            www.draftcountdown.com

Comment

I keep seeing Franklin climbing and I could see him with his nasty attitude and versatility sneaking into round 1 to Chicago, where he fits what Tice likes, or Pittsburgh who could start him at RT or RG.

An OLmen I think people are sleeping on is James Carpenter everything about this guy screams NFL starter.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnCandy View Post
                I keep seeing Franklin climbing and I could see him with his nasty attitude and versatility sneaking into round 1 to Chicago, where he fits what Tice likes, or Pittsburgh who could start him at RT or RG.

An OLmen I think people are sleeping on is James Carpenter everything about this guy screams NFL starter.
                I am a huge fan of Orlando Franklin. I remember tweeting a bunch of positive stuff about him during the season while watching a Hurricanes game. I was also very impressed with James Carpenter at the Senior Bowl and he was much better than I expected.
                Scott Wright, President
                Draft Countdown.com
                www.draftcountdown.com

Comment

Originally posted by metafour View Post
                  Bammer fan. Is Dareus a cheater too? He willfully attended an agent-sponsored party and actually got suspended because of it. That is a bad teammate right there.
                  I'm beginning to think that you are paid to post by Cam's agents.

And I'm actually not kidding.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Wright View Post
                    I am a huge fan of Orlando Franklin. I remember tweeting a bunch of positive stuff about him during the season while watching a Hurricanes game. I was also very impressed with James Carpenter at the Senior Bowl and he was much better than I expected.
                    I also like Franklin a lot. I believe that with no free agency before the draft, Franklin would be a nice pick for the Bears (though I'd rather them trade down and get an extra pick in the process). He could allow the Bears to go after OG or OT with Franklin potentially being able to play RT or LG.

As for Carpenter, "better than expected" isn't exactly a ringing endorsement. He's OK, but I don't see him being any factor in the run game. Doesn't look strong enough to me.

Comment

Originally posted by rawdawg View Post
                      As for Carpenter, "better than expected" isn't exactly a ringing endorsement. He's OK, but I don't see him being any factor in the run game. Doesn't look strong enough to me.
                      Perhaps I worded that wrong. The thing that surprised me about Carpenter is that while everyone has him pegged as a guard at the next level he actually played tackle in Mobile and more than held his own. Then again, I heard he lost his playbook early in the Senior Bowl week, which is a major no-no and if he did that in the NFL there would be hell to pay.
                      Scott Wright, President
                      Draft Countdown.com
                      www.draftcountdown.com

Comment

Ranking movement

You mention some of the moves are drastic. I'm sure I'm not alone in saying - can you show us which ones by using +- # of spots after each person in the rankings? If it clutters up the main page rankings maybe toss them here in the forums.

Either way thanks Scott. Keep up the good work.

Comment

Originally posted by metafour View Post
                          Not a Bammer fan at all. Georgia Tech and UCF actually. And what Newton did was much worse. Dareus goes to a party, Cam Newton lies about not being pimped out by his father. Cam Newton also cheated in college and then there is that whole laptop situation. Darues' character questions are dwarfed by those of Newton.

Originally posted by SolidGold
                          Bortlezzzzzzz
                          Originally posted by Monomach
                          Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 

Comment

peterson has been my #1 for a year now.

aaron williams to S is kind of premature to me
                            E]

Comment

Originally posted by K Train View Post
                              aaron williams to S is kind of premature to me
                              This is my biggest problem with the update, albeit not that big at all, I'm just a bit confused.

From #31 in Scott's most recent mock:

Ike Taylor is a free agent and even though he is expected to return the Steelers pass defense left something to be desired at times last season. In fact, outside of Taylor the Steelers may not have another corner who would start for most teams. The Texas program has produced a lot of NFL defensive backs over the years and Aaron Williams is primed to carry on that proud tradition. A terrific athlete with a nice blend of size and speed, Williams would be a great fit in Pittsburgh’s scheme and could slide right into the lineup opposite Taylor.
                              This is something I completely agree with, but I feel that now you moved Williams to safety in the rankings almost to "balance the power" between the strong corner class and putrid safety class.

If Williams plays safety in the NFL, which he may, he'd be the best safety from this draft - I can admit that is true. However I still do think he's a corner prospect and has no better chance to play safety than Patrick Peterson or Jimmy Smith do.

Also one thing that jumps out to me is the love for Stanzi. You have him at #43 in the latest mock, two picks behind Ponder and four behind Mallet - He's #74 overall, while Mallet is 44 and Ponder is 48. I understand the positional value at QB is higher than any other position and obviously the picks in a mock don't always follow someone's rankings, but not only do I think you have him mocked high but I think you still have him high at 74. He's probably a borderline 3rd round prospect at this point to be generous, and it's unfair to put him ahead of Kaepernick (99) and Dalton, who I guess didn't crack the top-100 of your rankings.

Edit - Also, if you could explain the thought process behind the OT rankings - the top-5 (Castonzo, Smith, Solder, Carimi, Sherrod) is pretty much different for everybody who follows the draft, and I know you were recently talking up Smith as a top-15 pick, so what did you see in Castonzo to put him above him?

Not saying I disagree with the OT rankings because you can literally pull the 5 names out of a hat in any order, but what was your train of thought and did any of the top-5 guys really change your opinion of them in any major way since your last rankings?

Of everything I've said here, I'd be really happy if you could explain that.
                              Last edited by GaMeTiMe; 03-27-2011, 09:49 PM.
                              Nick Foles are you really my daddy??!..?

Comment

I like the delta rank suggestion.
                                Last edited by JoeJoeBrown; 03-27-2011, 11:07 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information