Terrell McClain, DT, South Florida

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Terrell McClain, DT, South Florida

By all accounts had a fantastic Pro Day at South Florida. 4.82 in the 40, 29 reps at combine. Rod Marinelli worked him out and came away very impressed as he never got gassed and showed explosiveness.

His stats don't look very impressive and I know you can't judge DL stats, but he's a guy I've kept my eye on since the combine. Anybody have any insight as to why he didn't put up numbers at USF? Defensive scheme? Was he doubled a lot? Injury history? Or is he a workout warrior?

I've been hearing rumblings that McClain could be a third or fourth rounder.
    Scott Wright, President
    Draft Countdown.com
    www.draftcountdown.com

Twitter: twitter.com/DraftCountdown

Draft Countdown Podcast, Every Tuesday at 8 PM EST
    www.blogtalkradio.com/draftcountdown and on iTunes

Comment

I'd take him at the end of the fourth round. If I were a team like Jacksonville, Indy, or the Giants, I'd be keying in on him there. I hate how rankings get shuffled after the combine (or pro day). To me, rankings should be finalized before the combine ever starts. The only time to consult the combine results is when you have two players of equal value that you can't make up your mind about. The combine results would be a good way to thin out those types of situations. I really hate it when a seemingly no name prospect jumps up from the later rounds and is viewed as a football player. Remember Jarron Gilbert.
      "He had no teeth, and he was slobbering all over himself. I'm thinking, 'You can have your money back, just get me out of here. Let me go be an accountant." I can't tell you how badly I wanted out of there." Elway's take on Lambert

Comment

agree with scott, once the first couple waves of DT go off the board it gets thin, McClain could sneak into top 100. he was pretty good at Senior Bowl, nice fit for 4-3 Ds
        my shoes hurt

Why Me? The Bob Lamonta Story

Comment

If the Bears don't go DT in the 1st 2 rounds, I'm pretty sure they would pick McClain at the end of the 3rd, if he's there. Bears have no problem reaching for players they really like, and they've been raving about him for a few weeks now.

And yes, as a Bears fan, I remember Jarron Gilbert oh too well.

Comment

Originally posted by rawdawg View Post
            By all accounts had a fantastic Pro Day at South Florida. 4.82 in the 40, 29 reps at combine. Rod Marinelli worked him out and came away very impressed as he never got gassed and showed explosiveness.

His stats don't look very impressive and I know you can't judge DL stats, but he's a guy I've kept my eye on since the combine. Anybody have any insight as to why he didn't put up numbers at USF? Defensive scheme? Was he doubled a lot? Injury history? Or is he a workout warrior?
            i like him a lot. profiles to be a 3 tech in 4-3 or maybe even LE in a 4-3 as well. USF puts out some good D lineman and i dont think he will disappoint

Comment

Working...
            X

Debug Information