Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PFW "Clobbers" Cam Newton

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • You don't have to be Sigmund Freud to see what Newton is all about. It's pretty obvious to the casual fan.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by WiSeIVIaN View Post
      Hey Scott...

      So Jimmy Clausen is a franchise QB and every team that passed on him is an idiot. And you guarantee the team that picks Newton in the top 5 will regret it?

      :P
      This, it will be interesting to see how Scott explains this one.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by anansi View Post
        This, it will be interesting to see how Scott explains this one.
        How many times was Clausen arrested?

        How many schools was Clausen kicked out of for cheating?

        How many NCAA Pay-for-Play scandals was Clausen involved in?

        If Clausen had Newton's track record I would've had him at least a round lower than I did.
        Scott Wright, President
        Draft Countdown.com
        www.draftcountdown.com

        Twitter: twitter.com/DraftCountdown

        Draft Countdown Podcast, Every Tuesday at 8 PM EST
        www.blogtalkradio.com/draftcountdown and on iTunes

        Comment


        • I won't lie.

          I think Cam Newton is a narcissist
          Just play me, baby

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Scott Wright View Post


            Personally, I think Nolan is one of the very best in the business, right up there with Mel Kiper, Jr. and Mike Mayock. Apparently he has some of the same concerns that many of us do...
            Really Scott? You think Mel Kiper Jr is one of the best in the business? I agree with you on Mayock. He knows his stuff. But Mel Kiper honestly has no idea what he's talking about, along with the other idiot on ESPN in Todd McShay. Kiper had Jimmy Clausen as his number 5 overall prospect in last years draft. That's just one example of him being ABSOLUTELY not knowing anything. He said Jamarcus Russell would be a top 10 QB by his 3rd season, and that Josh Freeman wasa 5th round prospect who only would go in the 1st because of his build and arm strength.

            He doesn't do crap in research and doesn't even know talent and how it will develop when it comes to the NFL. Frankly, I think he gets paid to talk up bums like Cam Newton for media attention.

            Scott Wright, you are a better draft analyst and scout than Mel Kiper, 10 x better.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Scott Wright View Post
              How many times was Clausen arrested?

              How many schools was Clausen kicked out of for cheating?

              How many NCAA Pay-for-Play scandals was Clausen involved in?

              If Clausen had Newton's track record I would've had him at least a round lower than I did.
              Clausen had plenty of character issues, people just chose to ignore him because of the golden dome.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by bucfan12 View Post
                Really Scott? You think Mel Kiper Jr is one of the best in the business? I agree with you on Mayock. He knows his stuff. But Mel Kiper honestly has no idea what he's talking about, along with the other idiot on ESPN in Todd McShay. Kiper had Jimmy Clausen as his number 5 overall prospect in last years draft. That's just one example of him being ABSOLUTELY not knowing anything. He said Jamarcus Russell would be a top 10 QB by his 3rd season, and that Josh Freeman wasa 5th round prospect who only would go in the 1st because of his build and arm strength.

                He doesn't do crap in research and doesn't even know talent and how it will develop when it comes to the NFL. Frankly, I think he gets paid to talk up bums like Cam Newton for media attention.

                Scott Wright, you are a better draft analyst and scout than Mel Kiper, 10 x better.
                This is a true statement. Just because he's turned out well doesn't make Mel's assessment of him as a prospect wrong. Freeman had tons of issues. Fortunately for him, he didn't have to play right away and was put in a situation where he got a ton of time to work on being a QB.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by nepg View Post
                  Fortunately for him, he didn't have to play right away and was put in a situation where he got a ton of time to work on being a QB.
                  6 games is a ton of time?

                  So you're trying to tell me that Tampa wasn't absolutely right in their evaluation that Freeman was a 1st round QB? They drafted a 5th round talent and got lucky?

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by metafour View Post
                    6 games is a ton of time?

                    So you're trying to tell me that Tampa wasn't absolutely right in their evaluation that Freeman was a 1st round QB? They drafted a 5th round talent and got lucky?
                    That makes no sense to me considering my stance on drafting QBs. Tampa Bay felt he was their guy, so they drafted him. It's not about evaluating him as a first or any round talent. Tampa Bay decided that Freeman was their man, and a large part of that was his relationship with their coach. They were correct to be aggressive.

                    As a quarterback, he had a very long ways to go. Tampa Bay did get lucky that Freeman developed so quickly and didn't make them look like clowns. And, yes, 6 games is a lot of time. That's almost an extra half season he had to learn.

                    The thing with Freeman is we knew he had a great head on his shoulders and that he had the mental ability to become a very good QB, but he had SOOOO far to go because the coaching he'd had prior to the draft was so wrong for him. If he was a Senior and not a Junior, he would have gone in the 3rd Round.

                    Comment


                    • I recently purchased Nolan's draft guide and it has been a great source for prospects I've been familiar and unfamiliar with. Regarding his thoughts on Newton all he did was put to press what I've been thinking.

                      Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

                      Super Bowl XLIV Champions
                      WHO DAT!

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Big Bird View Post
                        Clausen had plenty of character issues, people just chose to ignore him because of the golden dome.
                        Really? They were ignored to the point where he dropped to #48.

                        The perception of Jimmy Clausen's character cost him millions and millions of dollars.
                        Scott Wright, President
                        Draft Countdown.com
                        www.draftcountdown.com

                        Twitter: twitter.com/DraftCountdown

                        Draft Countdown Podcast, Every Tuesday at 8 PM EST
                        www.blogtalkradio.com/draftcountdown and on iTunes

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by diabsoule View Post
                          I recently purchased Nolan's draft guide and it has been a great source for prospects I've been familiar and unfamiliar with. Regarding his thoughts on Newton all he did was put to press what I've been thinking.
                          If I ran an NFL team, the first two people I'd be looking to hire from the draft community are Mike Mayock and Nolan Nawrocki. That is how much respect I have for Nolan.
                          Scott Wright, President
                          Draft Countdown.com
                          www.draftcountdown.com

                          Twitter: twitter.com/DraftCountdown

                          Draft Countdown Podcast, Every Tuesday at 8 PM EST
                          www.blogtalkradio.com/draftcountdown and on iTunes

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Scott Wright View Post
                            If I ran an NFL team, the first two people I'd be looking to hire from the draft community are Mike Mayock and Nolan Nawrocki. That is how much respect I have for Nolan.
                            If I had an NFL team I'd hire someone who actually knows what they're taking about. None of these guys deserve jobs.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Scott Wright View Post
                              Really? They were ignored to the point where he dropped to #48.

                              The perception of Jimmy Clausen's character cost him millions and millions of dollars.
                              I think it had more to do with the fact most nfl personnel did not see him as a Franchise QB or a QB with Elite talent, I think the buzz around him was the creation ND/Media hype.

                              Comment


                              • I figured this should be part of this thread: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ng-cam-newton/

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information