Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PFW "Clobbers" Cam Newton

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by metafour View Post
    If I had an NFL team I'd hire someone who actually knows what they're taking about. None of these guys deserve jobs.
    BINGO!!! Although, I'd bring on Mayock...I'd just keep him away from evaluating QBs & RBs.. Every other position, he's pretty good

    Comment


    • Originally posted by metafour View Post
      If I had an NFL team I'd hire someone who actually knows what they're taking about. None of these guys deserve jobs.
      Mike Mayock has apparently been offered a few front office jobs with NFL teams. Clearly some teams think he is good at what he does.


      BoneKrusher killing it with the sig

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Scott Wright View Post
        If I ran an NFL team, the first two people I'd be looking to hire from the draft community are Mike Mayock and Nolan Nawrocki. That is how much respect I have for Nolan.
        Exactly..... I LMAO at all these forum posters who love to play the role of the critic and sit there and rip the Mayocks, Nawricki's, Kipers, McShays, etc. as if they themselves are geniuses.

        Kiper and Mayock are wrong plenty of times.
        So is your team's GM, and my team's GM.

        But Kiper and Mayock and McShay didn't win a random drawing to get the job that they have on ESPN and NFL Network. They're good. They aren't perfect, and you might not like them. But they've earned their way there....

        Most -not all- people who rip them do so out of jealousy.

        Comment


        • Cam Newton is awful, just like Blaine Gabbert and Ryan Mallett.

          This shouldn't be surprising to anyone.
          FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER

          Comment


          • In my honest opinion, I think Clausen's character concerns were overlooked for whatever reason and that it was relatively abnormal. Normally, QBs are criticized like Newton, Mallett, and others.

            I don't know why Clausen was so overlooked.

            After watching the draft special with Jon Gruden and Jimmy Clausen, it makes sense what NFL teams saw though.
            **** her in da *****!

            Comment


            • there is no comparison between Clausen and Newton.

              the internet love Clausen, but his locker room hated him (players)

              for Newton, it's the other way around. the internet beats him up, but ask any Auburn player, you'd want this guy on your team not on the other side. He's a winner and players respect that (like tebow, or vince Young).

              No one in an NFL locker room is going to care if Newton took money. They care if Clausen acts like a jerk.
              my shoes hurt

              Why Me? The Bob Lamonta Story

              Comment


              • Originally posted by the natural View Post
                You don't have to be Sigmund Freud to see what Newton is all about. It's pretty obvious to the casual fan.
                ...and what would that be?
                Doesn't matter if it is all fat, if he can move better covered in fat, more power to him. SAINTS-TIGERS

                WHO DEY, ALL DEY, ERY' DEY

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Iamcanadian View Post

                  Nawrocki admitted hes spent no time with Newton.
                  um... ok nice job buddy
                  my shoes hurt

                  Why Me? The Bob Lamonta Story

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Scott Wright View Post
                    Really? They were ignored to the point where he dropped to #48.

                    The perception of Jimmy Clausen's character cost him millions and millions of dollars.
                    I was referring to people like you, who hyped him as a Top 5 prospect when he had no business there.

                    You're willing to rip Newton and Mallett for character concerns, but weren't willing to do that to Clausen when Clausen had teammates coming out, saying he wasn't a good teammate. At least Newton and Mallett have never had a concern like that.

                    Oh, and let's not forget Clausen getting punched in the face by one of Golden Tate's friends because Clausen tried to hit on the guy's girlfriend. Oh, then Notre Dame and his family covered it up and said it was some crazed fan at a bar.

                    Right...

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Big Bird View Post
                      I was referring to people like you, who hyped him as a Top 5 prospect when he had no business there.

                      You're willing to rip Newton and Mallett for character concerns, but weren't willing to do that to Clausen when Clausen had teammates coming out, saying he wasn't a good teammate. At least Newton and Mallett have never had a concern like that.

                      Oh, and let's not forget Clausen getting punched in the face by one of Golden Tate's friends because Clausen tried to hit on the guy's girlfriend. Oh, then Notre Dame and his family covered it up and said it was some crazed fan at a bar.

                      Right...
                      Believe me, I don't talk about issues like those with Clausen, Newton and Mallett lightly. I research, talk with people and do my due dilligence. The bottom line is a lot of the Clausen stuff was overblown. The bottom line is Clausen was never arrested, never failed drug tests and I still believe a lot of the talk about him was a case of perception becoming reality. Also, the details you laid out in the incident you referred to are flat-out false.

                      Time will tell on Clausen in the NFL and if I'm wrong I will own up to it. I have hits and misses just like everyone else, but I'm not nearly ready to give up on Clausen yet. However, to compare Clausen's situation to that of Newton is apples and oranges.
                      Scott Wright, President
                      Draft Countdown.com
                      www.draftcountdown.com

                      Twitter: twitter.com/DraftCountdown

                      Draft Countdown Podcast, Every Tuesday at 8 PM EST
                      www.blogtalkradio.com/draftcountdown and on iTunes

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Scott Wright View Post
                        However, to compare Clausen's situation to that of Newton is apples and oranges.
                        You're right. Clausen is the definition of a douchebag and his overinflated ego that was built since he was a sophomore in high school affects his ability to play the quarterback position; an issue that is not present with Newton and will be shown on draft day.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Scott Wright View Post
                          I still believe a lot of the talk about him was a case of perception becoming reality.
                          This is pure gold.

                          Comment


                          • Nawrocki's actual scouting report on Cam was very extensive and, shocker(!!), balanced for the most part.

                            PFW excerpted the most controversial comments from Nawrocki to gin up more predraft drama, and it worked.

                            I still think he went way beyond where a serious NFL scout should go by attempting to interpret or diagnose the psyche of a prospect, but much of what he wrote up falls in line with what many posters on SWDC have said pro and con about Newton.

                            BTW, Clausen is struggling not because of his character. He's having a difficult time because playing QB in the NFL is hard.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post
                              BTW, Clausen is struggling not because of his character. He's having a difficult time because playing QB in the NFL is hard.
                              And because his receivers and passing offense are horse****.
                              Where's Dwayne Jarrett anyway?

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Scott Wright View Post
                                Believe me, I don't talk about issues like those with Clausen, Newton and Mallett lightly. I research, talk with people and do my due dilligence. The bottom line is a lot of the Clausen stuff was overblown. The bottom line is Clausen was never arrested, never failed drug tests and I still believe a lot of the talk about him was a case of perception becoming reality. Also, the details you laid out in the incident you referred to are flat-out false.

                                Time will tell on Clausen in the NFL and if I'm wrong I will own up to it. I have hits and misses just like everyone else, but I'm not nearly ready to give up on Clausen yet. However, to compare Clausen's situation to that of Newton is apples and oranges.
                                What about my story was false? It obviously isn't the fabricated version everybody speaks of, but aren't some things about the fabricated verison a little fishy?

                                Let's see, news publications didn't start talk about it until November 24th, 2009, which was on a Wednesday. This reportedly happened on Saturday, November 20th, 2009, after their game against UConn. You think a star Quarterback at one of the most prestigious schools in America is going to get sucker-punched at one of the most popular restaurants in town, and nobody is going to hear about it until four days later?

                                The other thing to look at is that a spokesperson for the South Bend police confirmed that no police report was filed over that weekend involving Clausen. So, now you're going to attempt to tell me that you're not going to call the police when a guy sucker-punches you at the bar?

                                I started hearing about Clausen getting punched in the face on that Monday. I'm sorry that I'm not going to ignore the obvious facts that make the fabricated story just a complete joke.

                                I'm sticking to my story, and that the fabricated story has huge flaws that make it unbelievable.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information