Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PFW "Clobbers" Cam Newton

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post
    Has anyone heard one TV draft analyst mention once that Cam set the NCAA record for passing efficiency??

    No you haven't.
    He didn't set the record, Colt Brennan did, where is he at? Newton didn't even lead in passer efficiency THIS year, Kellen Moore did, and that was with more pass attempts. David Johnson who played under Gus at Tulsa had a passer efficiency rating of 179, why is that never mentioned? Where is he at? oh thats right barely got a shot as an UDFA. What about Paul Smith before him at Tulsa, where did he go? Oh thats right, an UDFA to the Jaguars on the scout team before he was waived to make room for Todd Bouman. And he is now in the CFL.

    The only thing that sets Cam apart is his athletic ability, and ability to run. The system Gus runs is designed to put up monster stats, no matter who is playing qb, he will change the scheme to suit their strengths, what he did passing at Auburn doesn't mean nuch as far as the NFL is concerned, because nothing they ran resembles an NFL offense.

    There are different types of spread offenses, which some people seem to get confused about, there is the zone read/option kind that guys like RichRod runs, the Airraid that Leach runs, and then stuff like what Oklahoma ran has pro concepts that the Saints/Patriots/Colts run as well as what McCoy was running at Texas. No two spread teams are identical, although the system at Auburn is similar to what Urban Meyer had for Tebow. Gus is like a mixture of Leach/RichRod/Urban Meyer. He has been wanting to run more option stuff, even while at Tulsa, but never had a qb that was a good runner. I wouldn't put much into his passing stats. He is a good athlete though. The question is, does he have the work ethic and dedication to the game to make it as an NFL quarterback. Will he be able to transition? This isn't about race, the same questions were there for Tebow.
    Last edited by Scott Wright; 04-01-2011, 01:59 PM.

    Comment


    • And for all of you girly boys whining about Cam being tweated unfaiwee, PFT and others are still projecting him FIRST.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by batsandgats View Post
        He didn't set the record, Colt Brennan did, where is he at? Newton didn't even lead in passer efficiency THIS year, Kellen Moore did, and that was with more pass attempts. David Johnson who played under Gus at Tulsa had a passer efficiency rating of 179, why is that never mentioned? Where is he at? oh thats right barely got a shot as an UDFA. What about Paul Smith before him at Tulsa, where did he go? Oh thats right, an UDFA to the Jaguars on the scout team before he was waived to make room for Todd Bouman. And he is now in the CFL.

        The only thing that sets Cam apart is his athletic ability, and ability to run. The system Gus runs is designed to put up monster stats, no matter who is playing qb, he will change the scheme to suit their strengths, what he did passing at Auburn doesn't mean nuch as far as the NFL is concerned, because nothing they ran resembles an NFL offense.

        There are different types of spread offenses, which some people seem to get confused about, there is the zone read/option kind that guys like RichRod runs, the Airraid that Leach runs, and then stuff like what Oklahoma ran has pro concepts that the Saints/Patriots/Colts run as well as what McCoy was running at Texas. No two spread teams are identical, although the system at Auburn is similar to what Urban Meyer had for Tebow. Gus is like a mixture of Leach/RichRod/Urban Meyer. He has been wanting to run more option stuff, even while at Tulsa, but never had a qb that was a good runner. I wouldn't put much into his passing stats. He is a good athlete though. The question is, does he have the work ethic and dedication to the game to make it as an NFL quarterback. Will he be able to transition? This isn't about race, the same questions were there for Tebow.
        Where is Colt Brennan??? Colt Brennan is simply happy that you remembered he is the passing effiiciency record holder! hahaha.

        I wish Brennan made it in the NFL, but I have come to peace with his chance coming to an end. You can't help yourself when you're hurt all the time.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by JoeJoeBrown View Post
          And for all of you girly boys whining about Cam being tweated unfaiwee, PFT and others are still projecting him FIRST.
          Mistakes are always made in the NFL Draft.
          Scott Wright, President
          Draft Countdown.com
          www.draftcountdown.com

          Twitter: twitter.com/DraftCountdown

          Draft Countdown Podcast, Every Tuesday at 8 PM EST
          www.blogtalkradio.com/draftcountdown and on iTunes

          Comment


          • Originally posted by batsandgats View Post
            He didn't set the record, Colt Brennan did, where is he at? Newton didn't even lead in passer efficiency THIS year, Kellen Moore did, and that was with more pass attempts. David Johnson who played under Gus at Tulsa had a passer efficiency rating of 179, why is that never mentioned? Where is he at? oh thats right barely got a shot as an UDFA. What about Paul Smith before him at Tulsa, where did he go? Oh thats right, an UDFA to the Jaguars on the scout team before he was waived to make room for Todd Bouman. And he is now in the CFL.

            The only thing that sets Cam apart is his athletic ability, and ability to run. The system Gus runs is designed to put up monster stats, no matter who is playing qb, he will change the scheme to suit their strengths, what he did passing at Auburn doesn't mean nuch as far as the NFL is concerned, because nothing they ran resembles an NFL offense.

            There are different types of spread offenses, which some people seem to get confused about, there is the zone read/option kind that guys like RichRod runs, the Airraid that Leach runs, and then stuff like what Oklahoma ran has pro concepts that the Saints/Patriots/Colts run as well as what McCoy was running at Texas. No two spread teams are identical, although the system at Auburn is similar to what Urban Meyer had for Tebow. Gus is like a mixture of Leach/RichRod/Urban Meyer. He has been wanting to run more option stuff, even while at Tulsa, but never had a qb that was a good runner. I wouldn't put much into his passing stats. He is a good athlete though. The question is, does he have the work ethic and dedication to the game to make it as an NFL quarterback. Will he be able to transition? This isn't about race, the same questions were there for Tebow.
            Are you calling Cam a 'system QB'???

            Shame on you.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Scott Wright View Post
              Mistakes are always made in the NFL Draft.
              Mistakes? No, I think Mike Brown calls them unfortunate outcomes.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Scott Wright View Post
                Mistakes are always made in the NFL Draft.
                Totally. I am just pointing out to the hilariously indignant that for a bit of the blown out of proportion rhetoric, plenty in the NFL are looking past the concerns mentioned here.

                I am one of the guys that thinks he is going to be either great or terrible, with little chance of being in between. I'd put the odds at 70% bust. Which is higher than the standard 50% bust factor of a typical draft pick. I.e. to me, he's way too much of a risk for a team that absolutely needs a QB ASAP.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Scott Wright View Post
                  Mistakes are always made in the NFL Draft.
                  I've been a proponent that Carolina's best move is to trade down.

                  Preferrably with Dallas. No homeristic bias there at all. I promise! ;)

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Scott Wright View Post
                    Mistakes are always made in the NFL Draft.
                    In fact, the majority of draft picks are mistakes.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                      I've been a proponent that Carolina's best move is to trade down.

                      Preferrably with Dallas. No homeristic bias there at all. I promise! ;)
                      Yeah right. So with the 1st pick the Dallas Cowboys select who?

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by JoeJoeBrown View Post
                        And for all of you girly boys whining about Cam being tweated unfaiwee, PFT and others are still projecting him FIRST.
                        Interesting the panthers and Bills from what I read like Cam Newton the most and the Cardinals like neither.I am assuming the Bengals like Cam more because of what I read on this forum. John Elway is the widcard in this draft IDK what he is thinking.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by PossibleCabbage View Post
                          I would like it if there were more successful black Quarterbacks in the NFL...
                          God there are some ridiculous quotes in this thread.

                          Originally posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post
                          Are you calling Cam a 'system QB'???

                          Shame on you.
                          And you're still talking? And then you're shaming people on top of it? You said one of the dumbest things I've ever heard, wait, not dumb but a complete lie based on unconscionable ignorance and here you are...
                          Last edited by BigBanger; 04-01-2011, 06:20 PM.
                          Originally posted by Scott Wright
                          I honestly believe Reggie Bush has turned into exactly the type of player I envisioned.
                          Originally posted by PossibleCabbage
                          I would like it if there were more successful black Quarterbacks in the NFL...
                          Originally posted by bearsfan_51
                          iamcandian lives in a cabin in the Yukon Territory and writes letters to railroad barons about the price of hard tack.
                          Originally posted by GatorsBullsFan
                          I could possibly see Matthew Stafford Dropping out of the 1st round
                          Originally posted by GoRavens
                          Tahj Boyd has the best fundamentals of any QB in this class, I think his game translates great to the NFL.

                          Comment


                          • I agree that the Panthers need to trade back if they can, big if though. I think the Bills should take a shot at Newton. The main reason being that they might relocate soon. Newton will help sell tickets/ jerseys there. Also, this system gives him the beat chance to succeed, Fitzpatrick can play the whole year and Newton can learn behind him. They really need to bring in some veteran leadership, since I think Newton's ego is going to be a problem.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by BigBanger View Post


                              And you're still talking? And then you're shaming people on top of it? You said one of the dumbest things I've ever heard, wait, not dumb but a complete lie based on unconscionable ignorance and here you are...
                              Refresh me, BB.

                              Anyway, it couldn't have been as dumb as the several page write-up someone posted on SWDC last spring that Sam Bradford was a bum prospect and in no way was he an NFL caliber QB, could it??

                              For the record, you can't deliberately 'lie' and be 'ignorant' at the same time.
                              A lie assumes intent, intent assumes one knows the truth but still chooses to prevaricate.

                              If I post an opinion or what I believe to be a fact, there's no hidden agenda on my part to deceive anyone.

                              You of all people BB shouldn't take your own opinion about anything too highly.

                              Comment


                              • All of you appear to be so hypocritical

                                I have been reading posts on this site for years, but now I think it is the time for me to chip in. I remember when Josh Freeman entered the draft, everyone was saying he was going to be a bust. He was inaccurate, no football IQ. Hardly anything positive from most of the members in this board. When Mike Vick got out of prison, I just remember the ridicule he faced early on. When he did not look close to himself upon his return, most of you thought he was washed up. When he was name the starter all of you though it was going to be an epic fail. Look at what happened.

                                Now most people for whatever reason think Newton will be a bust because he of whatever. Folks here are comparing him to Jamarcus Russell. What most of you are missing is that this man already has mentors and NFL advisors. They wont let him fail. Russell hardly had any support and help The Carolina Panthers should pick him number 1. I think they will. Cam Newton is a winner, a winner, compared to Blaine Gabbert. Clausen did not win anythin at ND, just like ALex Smith and Tim Couch. Most QB who win in college, are going to win in the NFL. BTW Vince Young is still has had the better career over Matt Leinhart, you can not deny that.

                                Overall I think most of you are afraid that the black QB will take over the NFL in the future. You see it happening in the college game. So most of you break down and use all the stereotypes you can use on a black QB because you do not want to see that position be predominantly black. Cam Newton will be the best QB in this class, you just watch and see.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information