Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NFLN's "Playmakers" - Gabbert & Ponder

Thoughts:

Now I know why Mariucci keeps getting HC gigs, he's really an exceptional QB coach and has a rare understanding of the position.

Ponder is becoming more of a mystery to me in that I have no idea how good he can be as a pro. He looked solid in his unofficial competition against Gabbert and oftentimes out-executed the golden child in drills. However Mooch seemed inclined to give Gabby the 'warm stroke' to remind him he's the top ranked QB heading into the draft.

The most ironic moment IMO during the first episode was towards the end when Mooch broke down each of their respective game film.
    Gabbert doesn't have many highlight plays passing the football to speak of this past season, so Mariucci plays one of the few clips where most of us have seen, I think against Illinois, Gabbert set in the pocket, bolt into the LOS without any pressure on him, spot a WR open in a busted coverage and throws a TD strike.

Mariucci asks him point blank, 'why did you run there?' Gabbert has no answer and admits sheepishly that he ran too soon(!!). Duh.

(I ran because getting hit hurts a lot, coach!!lol)

Mooch replies that's a habit Gabbert will have to break in the pros, I forgot how he worded it exactly.

'Playmakers' is a great predraft series from what I've seen so far and provides another glimpse into the physical and psychological dynamics of the top prospects.

Damn! I missed it. I wanted to watch it. It looked good.
    Thanks for the heads up. I'll try to catch it on the replay
    -Boston Red Sox-New England Patriots-Boston Celtics-

Comment

From the preview clips I've seen, Michael Irvin could be if he wanted the greatest WR coach in the history of the NFL!!!

Dude played angry and coaches the same way.

Comment

Funny thing was Ponder ragging Gabbert in the background. First about playing in the spread, then about dropping his eyes when he took off. Looks like Chris has been reading all the scouting reports. Ponder finding the soft spots on his buddy. Gabbert was cool though. Handled it flawlessly.

Comment

Originally posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post
          Thoughts:

Now I know why Mariucci keeps getting HC gigs, he's really an exceptional QB coach and has a rare understanding of the position.

Ponder is becoming more of a mystery to me in that I have no idea how good he can be as a pro. He looked solid in his unofficial competition against Gabbert and oftentimes out-executed the golden child in drills. However Mooch seemed inclined to give Gabby the 'warm stroke' to remind him he's the top ranked QB heading into the draft.

The most ironic moment IMO during the first episode was towards the end when Mooch broke down each of their respective game film.
          Gabbert doesn't have many highlight plays passing the football to speak of this past season, so Mariucci plays one of the few clips where most of us have seen, I think against Illinois, Gabbert set in the pocket, bolt into the LOS without any pressure on him, spot a WR open in a busted coverage and throws a TD strike.

Mariucci asks him point blank, 'why did you run there?' Gabbert has no answer and admits sheepishly that he ran too soon(!!). Duh.

(I ran because getting hit hurts a lot, coach!!lol)

Mooch replies that's a habit Gabbert will have to break in the pros, I forgot how he worded it exactly.

'Playmakers' is a great predraft series from what I've seen so far and provides another glimpse into the physical and psychological dynamics of the top prospects.
          Cant you see the network going to Mooch and saying "we need to be on the same page here boy, we are trying to sell Gabbert as the top pick"

Comment

He is gonna be Alex Smith all over again.Just watch.

Comment

Originally posted by 49erNation85 View Post
              He is gonna be Alex Smith all over again.Just watch.
              Just hope he's gone by #7.

Comment

Originally posted by Babylon View Post
                Just hope he's gone by #7.
                I frigging hope so god dam it!I could not stand another 6 years of crap QB play!And if he is by god I hope we trade drown.

Comment

I frigging hope so god dam it!I could not stand another 6 years of crap QB play!And if he is by god I hope we trade drown.
                  It's called Karma for all the years with Montana and Young.

Comment

....LOL@@!!

Comment

Don't worry, Gabbert will be long gone before the Left Coast Losers step up to the mike.

Comment

There was some good stuff in there, I can't wait to see the rest of the episodes. It's called "Game Changers" btw.

Comment

mmm Gabbert on the white board
                          my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
                          <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
                          <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
                          <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
                          Originally posted by Hermstheman83
                          What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

Yeah jake locker has no similarities to alex smith - lets take him!

One of the funniest posts i've read
                            Originally posted by Babylon

Comment

Originally posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post
                              From the preview clips I've seen, Michael Irvin could be if he wanted the greatest WR coach in the history of the NFL!!!

Dude played angry and coaches the same way.
                              I can't wait for the WR episode. Irvin clowning Revis was priceless. "He's this tall" *while raising his hand slightly above chest level* Fantastic stuff.

Yesterday's show was AWESOME. Both qb's were personable, they came off as very intelligent and Mooch brings the type of passion and quirkiness that makes for compelling tv. Very good idea imo by the people at NFL Network.
                              Last edited by alexthegr8; 03-30-2011, 11:07 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information