Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do We Have a Shot?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Do We Have a Shot?

    Do the following players have a shot at being drafted......

    Antwine Perez SS Maryland
    Ryan Hill CB Miami (FL)
    Mitch Mustain QB USC
    Keith Payne RB UVA
    Kodi Burns WR Auburn

    Originally Posted by JoeJoeBrown
    The most important thing, however, is how strong their swagger factors are.
    Newton
    South of the Mason Dixon +10 swagger
    Barely literate +5 swagger
    Thief +15 swagger
    Kicked off of a team of thugs +20 swagger
    Big, average speed -3 swagger
    Hasn't done jacksquat on the field +15 swagger
    Total Swagger: 62
    ATL College Park Zone 3* +20 swagger Bonus pts

  • #2
    im pretty partial to mustain being drafted. even though he was a back up most/all of his career doesnt mean he cant be good. he could be like matt cassel

    Comment


    • #3
      Mustain was a little *****, though. Cassel should have been the starting QB over Leinart (only reason they picked Leinart was because that coaching staff had recruited him - not Cassel), but he sacked up and played TE and special teams, and continued to work hard as a QB. Mustain got passed up by a couple different guys at USC and has never really seemed to give a ****.

      Comment


      • #4
        What are your thoughts on the other guys on the list.

        Originally Posted by JoeJoeBrown
        The most important thing, however, is how strong their swagger factors are.
        Newton
        South of the Mason Dixon +10 swagger
        Barely literate +5 swagger
        Thief +15 swagger
        Kicked off of a team of thugs +20 swagger
        Big, average speed -3 swagger
        Hasn't done jacksquat on the field +15 swagger
        Total Swagger: 62
        ATL College Park Zone 3* +20 swagger Bonus pts

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by shylo3716 View Post
          What are your thoughts on the other guys on the list.
          I think Ryan Hill has a good shot at being drafted with one of the final compensatory picks of the six round. Corners are at a premium in the NFL and teams now need 3 decent ones to compete with spread offenses in the playoffs. From what I could find, he didn't run a shuttle at the combine, so his 40 time (4.6) might be drawn into question because you don't have a good QSI number to judge his quickness with.

          I have Hill has the 25th ranked corner in this draft...so there's a good chance he could be a late round flyer.
          "He had no teeth, and he was slobbering all over himself. I'm thinking, 'You can have your money back, just get me out of here. Let me go be an accountant." I can't tell you how badly I wanted out of there." Elway's take on Lambert

          Comment


          • #6
            I believe Keith Payne will be a sleeper in this draft class. He has that Brandon Jacobs type of ability.

            Originally Posted by JoeJoeBrown
            The most important thing, however, is how strong their swagger factors are.
            Newton
            South of the Mason Dixon +10 swagger
            Barely literate +5 swagger
            Thief +15 swagger
            Kicked off of a team of thugs +20 swagger
            Big, average speed -3 swagger
            Hasn't done jacksquat on the field +15 swagger
            Total Swagger: 62
            ATL College Park Zone 3* +20 swagger Bonus pts

            Comment


            • #7
              I'd say Miami (FL) CB Ryan Hill has the best shot of that group you listed.
              Scott Wright, President
              Draft Countdown.com
              www.draftcountdown.com

              Twitter: twitter.com/DraftCountdown

              Draft Countdown Podcast, Every Tuesday at 8 PM EST
              www.blogtalkradio.com/draftcountdown and on iTunes

              Comment


              • #8
                Scott, what is your take on the rest of the prospects ?

                Originally Posted by JoeJoeBrown
                The most important thing, however, is how strong their swagger factors are.
                Newton
                South of the Mason Dixon +10 swagger
                Barely literate +5 swagger
                Thief +15 swagger
                Kicked off of a team of thugs +20 swagger
                Big, average speed -3 swagger
                Hasn't done jacksquat on the field +15 swagger
                Total Swagger: 62
                ATL College Park Zone 3* +20 swagger Bonus pts

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by shylo3716 View Post
                  Do the following players have a shot at being drafted......

                  Antwine Perez SS Maryland
                  Ryan Hill CB Miami (FL)
                  Mitch Mustain QB USC
                  Keith Payne RB UVA
                  Kodi Burns WR Auburn
                  I'd say Ryan Hill has the best shot at being drafted with Payne also having an outside shot. Hill showed really well this year despite essentially learning the position on the fly. I've got him with a solid draftable grade based on his upside.

                  Payne I have as a potential bruising RB or maybe FB at the next level. He's a TD and short yardage machine but his size and speed (ran ~4.7 at his pro day) coupled with his lack of blocking experience could make him a tweener project that likely drops him out of the draft.

                  Mustain has blown every chance he's had to win a starting job and succeed in college so I don't see a Matt Cassel happy ending for him. Plus he's got off-field issues (I realize charges weren't brought but he was still arrested and that'll stick in a lot of minds).

                  I don't have the other two in my prospect database so I have no comment about them other than I don't think they're getting drafted.

                  sig by BoneKrusher

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Grizzlegom View Post
                    I'd say Ryan Hill has the best shot at being drafted with Payne also having an outside shot. Hill showed really well this year despite essentially learning the position on the fly. I've got him with a solid draftable grade based on his upside.

                    Payne I have as a potential bruising RB or maybe FB at the next level. He's a TD and short yardage machine but his size and speed (ran ~4.7 at his pro day) coupled with his lack of blocking experience could make him a tweener project that likely drops him out of the draft.

                    Mustain has blown every chance he's had to win a starting job and succeed in college so I don't see a Matt Cassel happy ending for him. Plus he's got off-field issues (I realize charges weren't brought but he was still arrested and that'll stick in a lot of minds).

                    I don't have the other two in my prospect database so I have no comment about them other than I don't think they're getting drafted.
                    Thanks for your breakdown

                    Originally Posted by JoeJoeBrown
                    The most important thing, however, is how strong their swagger factors are.
                    Newton
                    South of the Mason Dixon +10 swagger
                    Barely literate +5 swagger
                    Thief +15 swagger
                    Kicked off of a team of thugs +20 swagger
                    Big, average speed -3 swagger
                    Hasn't done jacksquat on the field +15 swagger
                    Total Swagger: 62
                    ATL College Park Zone 3* +20 swagger Bonus pts

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by shylo3716 View Post
                      I believe Keith Payne will be a sleeper in this draft class. He has that Brandon Jacobs type of ability.
                      Really? How far can he throw a helmet...?

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Coombser View Post
                        Really? How far can he throw a helmet...?
                        This guy gave Percy Harvin's squad the bizz all by himself in the HS State championship. I know you will say WOW, it was HS, but he still has that ability IMO. Ask anyone from VA about Keith Payne & see what feedback you will get on him.

                        Originally Posted by JoeJoeBrown
                        The most important thing, however, is how strong their swagger factors are.
                        Newton
                        South of the Mason Dixon +10 swagger
                        Barely literate +5 swagger
                        Thief +15 swagger
                        Kicked off of a team of thugs +20 swagger
                        Big, average speed -3 swagger
                        Hasn't done jacksquat on the field +15 swagger
                        Total Swagger: 62
                        ATL College Park Zone 3* +20 swagger Bonus pts

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X

                        Debug Information