OT David Mims, Virginia Union - 6-8, 348

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT David Mims, Virginia Union - 6-8, 348

Zero talk about him and the draft is near approaching.

Here is Bunting's analysis:

A massive offensive tackle prospect who possesses a long, good-looking frame. Carries his weight well, isn't fat by any stretch and actually looks a bit thin throughout his upper half. Showcases impressive power at the point of attack in the run game and can absolutely dominate defenders at his level of competition at the point. Is a pretty good bender for his size and is really heavy handed; once he gets his paws on you the battle is over. Now, obviously he gets a bit upright and isn't real technically sound maintaining leverage and using proper hand placement, but the skill set is most definitely there.

Possesses above-average range for his size in pass protection. Showcases good coordination and balance when asked to mirror and again likes to get his hands on defenders and anchor. Doesn't exhibit much of a kick-slide and is really raw and upright with his footwork. But talking with sources the guy doesn't even have an offensive line coach at his school.

Impression: Physically the guy has the size, strength and athleticism to play in the league and is dripping with upside. Is going to take some time, but is an ideal later-round developmental guy who could really catch fire with some time.
    Seems real intriguing to me. What round does he project to going?

definitely looks the part.
    E]

Comment

Sounds like Ramon Harewood from last season, I think he goes in the same round (6th).

Comment

Originally posted by coordinator0 View Post
        Sounds like Ramon Harewood from last season, I think he goes in the same round (6th).
        That sounds about right. I'd want to stick him at guard but he might be too tall. If he's there in the 7th I'd definitely like the Lions to take a flier on him. Someone to keep an eye on.

Comment

Bunting ranks him as his 12th rated tackle. Ahead of the likes of Orlando Franklin, Lee Ziemba, James Brewer, Chris Hairston, Joseph Barksdale, etc. Names that I have heard go much higher than 6 or 7th round.

Comment

Bunting has some crazy rankings though, and this is one of them. This guy is no where near where Veldheer and Veldheer was picked a bit early. I think this guy is more Harewood than Veldheer. Very raw, slow, not much of a kick step. just over powered 240 lb DE"S all the time. Not that hard at that size.
            my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
            <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
            <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
            <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
            Originally posted by Hermstheman83
            What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

Similar to J'Marcus Webb from last year and Webb is turning out to be a great value for the Bears as a 7th round pick.

Comment

Have mocked him to the Steelers in the 6th/7th a few times...looks the part, but its extremely difficult to scout this kid, ive based my evaluation solely on scouting reports, and a little footage on youtube.

p.s he competition he faced on youtube was simply whack.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnCandy View Post
                  Similar to J'Marcus Webb from last year and Webb is turning out to be a great value for the Bears as a 7th round pick.
                  Thats what i was thinking, very VERY similar.

Comment

He definitely will go higher than the 7th. I think early-mid 5th at best, if we go with the whole "it takes one team falling in love" thing.. but probably 6th...being 6'8 probably hurts him more than it helps him honestly..
                    Nick Foles are you really my daddy??!..?

Comment

guys like jason cappizzi and king dunlap look the part too...and then they are really just huge dudes that cant play football....not saying thats definitely the case but i would have my conerns
                      E]

Comment

Working...
                      X

Debug Information