Interesting 3-4 OLB Sabermetric Analysis

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by descendency View Post
    Kindle is only a concern so far because he may never play due to injuries.
    I wasnt trying to say that Aldon Smith will be a bust at OLB by comparing him to those 4 players. They just happen to be within 0.02 in each formula of Smith's numbers.

Player - Exp Pwr; Twitch
    Maybin - 0.97; 1.21
    Kindle - 0.95; 1.28
    Barnes - 0.93; 1.22
    McCoy - 0.96; 1.26

Smith - 0.93; 1.26

Being a Ravens fan, I do know that Kindle's concern is medical, not necesarily his skill.

Comment

Originally posted by descendency View Post
      Kindle is only a concern so far because he may never play due to injuries.
      Well, no actually. Kindle is in the high risk group because his explosive power number is <1.05 and his twitch number is more than 1.2. Bins are determined transparently by numerical scores in certain categories. That implies that there are concerns about Kindle's ability at 3-4 OLB in the NFL that are separate from the medical ones, and honestly these were concerns I shared going into last year's draft. I thought he was consistently overrated by most draftniks but was drafted around an appropriate slot, though higher than I would have taken him at.

We may just never get to find out if these concerns and the high risk designation are warranted due to the medical issues.
      Last edited by PossibleCabbage; 04-06-2011, 09:32 PM.

Comment

it's funny how underrated Dontay Moch is. He worked out like an absolute beast. he's got 27 career sacks, 3rd behind Kerrigan and Von Miller in this draft class. It would not surprise me at all to see him sneak into the late 1 conversation. Looking at his workout numbers, he seems like a very good bet.
        my shoes hurt

Why Me? The Bob Lamonta Story

Comment

What excites me as a Texans fan is that we are switching to the 3-4 and have Connor Barwin and Mark Anderson...If these formula's are as accurate as they show, we could have a lethal combo right there..

Comment

Working...
          X

Debug Information