Andy Dalton to the Colts?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Andy Dalton to the Colts?

Peyton Manning is 35, is it possible that the Colts will select Peyton's successor in the 1st round?

Andy Dalton seems like a perfect choice.

If they do Peyton might as well just retire since they are not going to protect him by drafting a OL. Dalton is not a 1st round QB highest he will go is Mid 2nd Round.

RIP themaninblack

Comment

I've heard some people say some of the same things, I think of the ESPN First Draft Podcast?

The Colts are a 5 win team without Manning, get the guy some help and/or some more talent on the defensive side. Drafting a QB seems crazy to me, the window with one of the best QBs of all time is already so small to begin with.

Any position is viable outside of QB IMO.
      Last edited by initial_flo; 04-06-2011, 04:37 PM.

Comment

Not in the first. Maybe the second, but if I'm the Colts and I want to start looking for my next QB, I'm taking a rawer guy like Stanzi or even Enderle in the middle to later rounds and letting him learn from Manning. Reaching for a QB in the first would be a bad move for a team trying to get their quarterback to another Super Bowl before he's done.

Comment

Dalton might be a decent first round pick for a team that is completely desperate for a WCO QB. That's pretty much the exact opposite of the Colts.

Comment

Why would you plan for life after one of the best QBs ever when he's still playing well? I think the Colts' plans for life after Manning are in the minds of fans and media. They should be trying to reload around Manning, not rebuild.

Comment

If Andy Dalton is drafted before round 3, I will laugh. He is a backup. He's Brady Quinn without being a golden domer.
              **** her in da *****!

Comment

They said on the DP show today that he was invited to New York for the draft but has yet to answer, so he'll most likely decline. If he got an invite though, wouldn't that mean he is getting looked at by teams as a possible 1st round pick?

Comment

Originally posted by CaneBang View Post
                  They said on the DP show today that he was invited to New York for the draft but has yet to answer, so he'll most likely decline. If he got an invite though, wouldn't that mean he is getting looked at by teams as a possible 1st round pick?
                  It means someone in ESPN is a Aaron Rodgers fan and wants someone to break his record for longest green room wait.

Comment

Not anymore. They invite plenty of Rounds 2-3 prospects now, since day 2 is in primetime, and they want the obligatory shots of guys in the green room sweating it out, shaking the commish's hands etc.

For example, IIRC Brandon Ghee was there last year and he didn't go till very late round 3

Comment

If they draft a QB, it should be Kaepernick in the 2nd round. He's probably got the most upside in this draft. He could sit behind Peyton for a few years, as most don't think he is ready to play this year.

However, I still think Peyton will play 4 more years, so they may target a guy next year instead of this year.

Comment

Realistically I think Peyton's got 3-5 years left. He just turned 35, and I just don't see him retiring in the next year or two. He's going to need 3-4 years to break Favre's records and I think he'll go for it.

I don't think you reach on a QB in the first round to have him sit on the bench for 2+ years. Especially when you're competing for super bowls. Also given the fact that Manning isn't signed and on the franchise tag. Drafting a QB first isn't the message I'd want to send.

Comment

They invited 20 players. I know the top 20 best prospects can go in the top 32 (or even the top 20) but you rarely see it happen. I think they want people to be around for the second round.

That said, if Dalton is getting looks in the first: LOL.
                          **** her in da *****!

Comment

I think the Colts would consider him in round 2, no way they draft a QB in round 1 unless they are prepared to draft say a Mallett because they believe they can control his character and make him a productive player. I just don't see it happening.
                            And proud of it!!!

Comment

I could see it happening. Peyton is not the same player and he'll be gone sooner or later... however a 1st round pick would be too much. They should really pull the trigger if he's there by their 2nd round pick.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information