Is Mike Adams a Top 20 Overall Pick?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sloopy View Post
    You also have to consider the fact that Reiff really projects better to the right side than the left (he can certainly play multiple positions along the OL but on a more hole plugging basis). So his positional value is less than that of Adams as well IMO
    I think the only reason that people say this is that they look at Reiff, and see Bulaga. Bryan Bulaga was absolutely a better fit for the right side than the left side, but Reiff is a much better athlete than Bulaga (he's also a better athlete than Kalil and Adams).

Kalil has more upside, but I honestly don't see a more sure-fire LT in this draft than Reiff. He's got quick feet, some speed, he's consistent, he's a natural knee bender, he plays with good leverage, he's a very patient pass blocker so he rarely gets beat on counters, and he displays excellent awareness. He's honestly a much better pass blocker than a run blocker, so I don't see why you see him as an RT. Kalil is more of an RT than Reiff, since Kalil is a much nastier run-blocker (and a lesser athlete.)

Comment

If Adams is the talent that so many are talking about him as, then why can't he go top 10? LT is obviously a valuable position. If a guy is worth a top 20 pick, then he isn't much of a reach for a team in the top 10 that has a real need for a starting LT.

Comment

Originally posted by Halsey View Post
        If Adams is the talent that so many are talking about him as, then why can't he go top 10? LT is obviously a valuable position. If a guy is worth a top 20 pick, then he isn't much of a reach for a team in the top 10 that has a real need for a starting LT.
        After the week he just had, I don't think you'll find anyone who is going to argue with you for putting him in the Top 10. We've seen worse players picked higher. For my money, Mike Adams is every bit the OT prospect that Jason Smith was, and he went #2 overall.
        Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
        The APS is strong in this one.
        Originally posted by killxswitch
        Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

Jason Smith was an upside projection with a weak OT class. Mike Adams can play a lot better than Smith and he has taken on top competition. So yes, I would not be surprised to see Adams picked in the top half of the first round.

Comment

I like his fit for Detroit, but they might be slightly out of his range.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
            I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Bird View Post
              I would agree that DeCastro is at least on the same level as Adams (I view both as Top 10 prospect), but I think Konz belongs more in the late 1st. I have to evaluate him more in-depth because I wasn't expecting him to declare, but I don't see him as a Top 20 pick.

Right now, I would rank the following as 1st Rounders:
              1. Matt Kalil (Top 5)
              2. Mike Adams (Top 10)
              3. David DeCastro (Top 10)
              4. Jonathan Martin (Top 20)
              5. Riley Reiff (Top 20)
              6. Cordy Glenn (Late 1st)
              7. Peter Konz (Late 1st)

Mike Brewster and Kelechi Osemele are borderline 1st as well. This OT class has a lot of talent at the top, though I still think Martin and Reiff need work, but the depth is lacking. I had Mitchell Schwartz and James Brown top 10 at the position entering the week, but I believe they have locked up a Top 100 selection and I currently have Schwartz 6th and Brown 7th. Brown might get moved inside to guard though. He is very talented, just needs work. Somebody will be tempted in the 2nd-3rd.

I really like the OG depth though. It's rare you even have two legit 1st Round talents in DeCastro and Glenn, but the next ten guys after that, I wouldn't mind having in the 4th or higher.

Center class is solid too after Konz and Brewster. It seems like everybody is forgetting about Ben Jones, but he is a very talented center as well and belongs in the 2nd. Molk, Blake, and Saulsberry are all looking like 4th-5th to me right now.
              It seems you are forgetting about Kevin Zeitler...or for some reason you aren't a fan. He is a great guard!

Comment

I've always been a fan. Right now, I'm just deciding whether I want Adams 2, or Reiff. Close call, think I'm giving Adams the edge.

Comment

Originally posted by jbooshey View Post
                  It seems you are forgetting about Kevin Zeitler...or for some reason you aren't a fan. He is a great guard!
                  Zeitler is not a 1st Rounder if that's what you're suggesting.

I said I currently have 10 guards in the 2nd-4th range. Zeitler is one of those guards. But he isn't a 1st. Solid 2nd in my book.

Comment

Chiefs please
                    my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
                    <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
                    <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
                    <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
                    Originally posted by Hermstheman83
                    What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

A solid combine and I think Mike Adams' momentum puts him right up there with Reiff/Kalil.

All three of those guys I think go top 10.

He's so fluid for a guy who's 6'7, and with those eleven inch palms and wingspan, IMO Adams looks like a starting LT from Game One.

Comment

Originally posted by MidwayMonster31 View Post
                        Jason Smith was an upside projection with a weak OT class.
                        Eugene Monroe should have gone 2nd. He was clearly a better OT.
                        **** her in da *****!

Comment

I don't see him quite that high. He reminds me a lot of Nate Solder, the OT NE drafted last year in round 1. IMO, he won't be drafted ahead of Reiff or Martin and will be the 4th OT taken in the draft.
                          The Senior Bowl is nice but one always has to remember that the strength of any draft is the junior class and until you match up at the combine, you really haven't proved a whole lot.
                          And proud of it!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MidwayMonster31 View Post
                            Jason Smith was an upside projection with a weak OT class. Mike Adams can play a lot better than Smith and he has taken on top competition. So yes, I would not be surprised to see Adams picked in the top half of the first round.
                            captain hindsight? j. smith, a. smith, oher, and monroe was hardly considered a weak OT class....it had the potential to be legendary
                            E]

Comment

Originally posted by Iamcanadian View Post
                              I don't see him quite that high. He reminds me a lot of Nate Solder, the OT NE drafted last year in round 1.
                              Say what now?

Nate Solder was a converted TE who was athletic but in now way was on the same level with Adams in terms of strength.

IMO, he won't be drafted ahead of Reiff or Martin and will be the 4th OT taken in the draft.

The Senior Bowl is nice but one always has to remember that the strength of any draft is the junior class and until you match up at the combine, you really haven't proved a whole lot.
                              A. This doesn't automatically mean that the seniors are below the juniors in every case

B. It's not just a senior bowl that he put up. Dude has put up solid play the last two years as well.

I PITY THE FOOL WHO DON'T BELIEVE ME
                              BK sig is straight sex
                              THE Ohio State University Buckeyes
                              Baltimore Ravens
                              Cleveland Cavaliers
                              Cleveland Indians
                              Chelsea FC
                              Originally posted by keylime_5
                              Miller is visual sex on the field.

Comment

I don't buy the Adams hype.

I don't think he'll be able to play LT at an elite level in the NFL and RTs don't go that high in the draft. The combine will be huge for him to show that he has the athleticism to play OLT. He wasn't very dominant in the games he played for OSU this year, either -- so it's not like you have a Jake Long out there that people are questioning his physical tools.

He sort of reminds of Michael Oher, so if he does grade out better physically than him, he could make a jump. Top 10 is a little high for him, IMO.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information