Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sloopy View Post
    Say what now?

Nate Solder was a converted TE who was athletic but in now way was on the same level with Adams in terms of strength.

Both of these OT's are large athletic types who who have the feet to plat LT. Strength wasn't Solder's problem, it was technique that he needed to work on.

A. This doesn't automatically mean that the seniors are below the juniors in every case

I'd say only about 6 seniors will be 1st round picks in this year's draft and juniors tend to dominate because their upside is so much greater than the seniors.
    B. It's not just a senior bowl that he put up. Dude has put up solid play the last two years as well.
    The Senior Bowl has a huge baring on where a player gets drafted. There he has to face pro prospects who have real strength, feet, and speed which he rarely saw in college.
    And proud of it!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SRogers92 View Post
      I don't buy the Adams hype.

I don't think he'll be able to play LT at an elite level in the NFL and RTs don't go that high in the draft. The combine will be huge for him to show that he has the athleticism to play OLT. He wasn't very dominant in the games he played for OSU this year, either -- so it's not like you have a Jake Long out there that people are questioning his physical tools.

He sort of reminds of Michael Oher, so if he does grade out better physically than him, he could make a jump. Top 10 is a little high for him, IMO.
      What about this guy makes you question his athletic ability at all? The guy is an excellent athlete for the position, it's one of his biggest positives.

People seriously baffle me with statements like this. Is it that hard to catch an Ohio State game?

Comment

Originally posted by SRogers92 View Post
        I don't buy the Adams hype.

I don't think he'll be able to play LT at an elite level in the NFL and RTs don't go that high in the draft. The combine will be huge for him to show that he has the athleticism to play OLT. He wasn't very dominant in the games he played for OSU this year, either -- so it's not like you have a Jake Long out there that people are questioning his physical tools.

He sort of reminds of Michael Oher, so if he does grade out better physically than him, he could make a jump. Top 10 is a little high for him, IMO.
        With the way the NFL has evolved and the proliferation of the 3-4, RT is just as important as LT. Most teams have, or at least strive to have, a dynamic pass rusher on each side of the ball. Andre Smith was a guy that went Top 10 with doubts about his ability to play LT, as did Jake Long. Tyron Smith is another guy who went Top 10, and I believe he started all year at RT for the Cowboys. Positional value for the LT position is highly inflated; you need to keep your QB upright, it doesn't matter which direction the pass rush is coming from.

Now, even if that wasn't the case, as the above poster said, the questions surrounding Mike Adams aren't rooted in his athleticism. He's highly athletic. It's the inconsistency that plagued in him college that will give NFL evaluators trouble. That said, we've seen time and time again that teams are willing to gamble on their ability to teach consistency in exchange for potential, and it's one of the reasons Adams will go so high on draft day.

I think a surprise landing spot for Adams might be Philly. They love drafting lineman high, they've had some issues along the offensive line, and Adams would give them some flexibility there. That pick wouldn't shock me whatsoever.
        Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
        The APS is strong in this one.
        Originally posted by killxswitch
        Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

Working...
        X

Debug Information