• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Justin Blackmon or Robert Woods?

Pretty much who would you rather have?

Woods... No Doubt

Comment

I'd go with Woods. Blackmon will be a top 10 pick and a very productive NFL WR, but I don't see Calvin Johnson/AJ Green type of talent. Woods is a much better athlete than Blackmon and is set to have a potential All American season next season with Barkley returning. Blackmon reminds me of a mix between Anquan Boldin and Hakeem Nicks.

"Just Win Baby"- Al Davis
      @SirStackAlot707

Comment

Woods. Not close.

Comment

Give me this dude.

IMO Criner has the most star potential at the next level of all the WRs in this draft.
          If he beasts his 40, he's going to make a strong case for going in the top 25.

About the OP's question, I think Blackmon is getting a bit underrated.
          Both he and Woods are about the same size, Woods looks a little more explosive on tape.
          Woods won't be eligible until 2013, so if I'm gonna take Blackmon.

Comment

Robert Woods all day, every day.

Comment

Woods. Getting to watch this kid every week has been one helluva treat. The guy is very explosive and is a very good route runner, good blocker, and just has that drive you want to see. Hes got the ability to beat you deep and catch the ball over the middle, hes my favorite WR from my time watching SC. He has some concentration drops every once and a while, and sometimes goes for the big play rather than just taking what is given to him but those arent the worst things in the world.

Originally posted by 49erNation85
              I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.

Comment

Neither. Give me Sammy Watkins :)

#4 Duke Blue Devils (4-1)
                2010 & 2015 National Champions!!!
                2015 2K Classic Champions

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cESr9VWpZc0
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO4iMIahsAs

Comment

Blackmon.

Can't wait until he metaphorically teabags everyone on this site that continues to rank other guys above him. Dez Bryant, Michael Floyd, and now Woods. In Bart Scott's famous words, "can't wait!"

Comment

As a USC fan, Woods is more polished, and a better overall player, but Blackmon has more potential and better size. Woods is a very safe bet, and I'd take him over Blackmon 8/10 times....but I wouldn't sell Blackmon short since his ceiling is higher.

Comment

I'm going to buck the trend a little bit and go Blackmon. At least for now. Woods still needs to sell me on the fact he can be a downfield weapon. Whenever I see him, he never really seems to be running by people or generating a ton of separation. He seems to be a very smart player that catches everything thrown his way, but most of his big plays seem to come when he adjusts his route and finds space. Seems to be more of a volume catcher and a guy who makes plays after the catch than a guy who can take the top off of a defense. I don't know, maybe I'm just not seeing it...but I don't see an elite player. I'm not the biggest Blackmon guy in the world either, but I feel safer about his play style working in the NFL because of the size advantage he has.

As I said, it's still very early. Woods is all 19 with two years of very strong film. Well within his reach to convince me that he'll be the better of the two, but I guess I'm just not the biggest Woods guy early on.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

Gimme Woods, but it is almost criminal how much this site is starting to underrate Blackmon.

Bonekrusher.

Originally posted by JordanTaber
                        Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.

Comment

Woods > Watkins > Lee > Blackmon

Comment

Originally posted by ElectricEye View Post
                            I'm going to buck the trend a little bit and go Blackmon. At least for now. Woods still needs to sell me on the fact he can be a downfield weapon. Whenever I see him, he never really seems to be running by people or generating a ton of separation. He seems to be a very smart player that catches everything thrown his way, but most of his big plays seem to come when he adjusts his route and finds space.

As I said, it's still very early. Woods is all 19 with two years of very strong film. Well within his reach to convince me that he'll be the better of the two, but I guess I'm just not the biggest Woods guy early on.
                            I pretty much agree with this. Blackmon right now vs Woods right now, I'll take Blackmon.

Comment

I'll wait till they run their 40's to see which one has the speed to be elite. Right now, I'd say they are pretty even in talent although Blackmon has shown a lot more ability to go deep than Woods but that might just be the system their HC uses.
                              And proud of it!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information