• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is why the Bucs had to let go of the Jon/Allen combo

1 4 Gaines Adams DE 6 ft 5 in 258 lb Clemson
    2 35 Arron Sears OG 6 ft 4 in 315 lb Tennessee
    2 64 Sabby Piscitelli S 6 ft 3 in 224 lb Oregon State

when you swing and miss like that... you go back down to AAA.

To backup the Bucs Arron Sears was player before going crazy.
    Last edited by bigbuc; 02-14-2012, 03:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bigbuc View Post
      This is why the Bucs had to let go of the Jon/Allen combo

1 4 Gaines Adams DE 6 ft 5 in 258 lb Clemson
      2 35 Arron Sears OG 6 ft 4 in 315 lb Tennessee
      2 64 Sabby Piscitelli S 6 ft 3 in 224 lb Oregon State

when you swing and miss like that... you go back down to AAA.

To backup the Bucs Arron Sears was player before going crazy.
      Well stated.
      Tough to recover from big K's like that, with the bases loaded.

Same thing for the guy who chose Mandarich with Barry and Deion Sanders still on board, plus Derrick Thomas and Steve Atwater. But that's a long time ago.

Raider fans must want to hang the guy who passed all those 2007 SURE-FIRE studs to take the physical specimen at QB.
      Wait....

Comment

Originally posted by A Perfect Score View Post
        Not really. Ryan's season this year was statistically superior to Hasslebeck's best season, which was 07. Not significantly, mind you, but they're pretty similar in terms of where I would rank them among QB's. Better then good, but not great types.
        Yeah, and three other guys went over 5000 yards this year. Stats are just stats. Hasselbeck has 5 playoff wins and a Super Bowl appearance playing on similar types of teams; strong running game and good defense. Statistically, sure, there are similarities. I'm not saying Hasselbeck is any sort of all-timer, but I was never a huge fan of Matt Ryan, either. I think Hasselbeck is a pretty good player to hold him next to, but I can't say he's put himself on par with Hasselbeck quite yet. Win a few playoff games first. Those are important.

Comment

Originally posted by Caulibflower View Post
          Yeah, and three other guys went over 5000 yards this year. Stats are just stats. Hasselbeck has 5 playoff wins and a Super Bowl appearance playing on similar types of teams; strong running game and good defense. Statistically, sure, there are similarities. I'm not saying Hasselbeck is any sort of all-timer, but I was never a huge fan of Matt Ryan, either. I think Hasselbeck is a pretty good player to hold him next to, but I can't say he's put himself on par with Hasselbeck quite yet. Win a few playoff games first. Those are important.
          Fair enough. It's impossible to say at this point in Ryan's career. Some points I'd like to make though, the running game hasn't been particularly strong since 2009. I would say our running game this year would be above average, but Michael Turner is no Shaun Alexander, let's not get those two mixed up. Also our defense has been fairly weak, and at this point would be considered average at best.

Back to the topic at hand though, there were some great players that came out of that class. Obviously this is a little early, but I think you could make an argument that those five are all legitimate Hall of Fame contenders.

Comment

Originally posted by Bulldogs View Post
            Some points I'd like to make though, the running game hasn't been particularly strong since 2009. I would say our running game this year would be above average, but Michael Turner is no Shaun Alexander, let's not get those two mixed up. Also our defense has been fairly weak, and at this point would be considered average at best.
            Hahaha... As a Seahawks fan, I'd even say Michael Turner's peak was higher than Shaun Alexander's. That rushing title and MVP award belonged to Seattle's O-line. And that Super Bowl defense was right in the middle, probably a little better than Atlanta's this year but not by all that much. But you're right, we're picking nits a bit about a couple players who, when you think about how many players have gone through this league, do have an awful lot in common.

Comment

Jarvis Moss FML

Originally posted by Scott Wright
              Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
              Originally posted by njx9
              do i tell you when to flip the burger?

Comment

Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
                Jarvis Moss FML
                JaMarcus Sizzurp Russell

"Dying ain't much of a living, boy" -Josey Wales
                Originally posted by TitanHope
                R4L does security, and strips on the weekend.
                He told me the best part is being able to wear the same uniform to both jobs.

Comment

Deion Branch. Best use of a 2007 first round pick.

Comment

Ah, the draft that set the Bears back 3 years.

1 Greg Olsen Miami (Fla.)
                    2 Dan Bazuin Central Michigan -- never played a down for Bears
                    3 Garrett Wolfe Northern Illinois -- should have never played a down
                    3 Michael Okwo Stanford -- never played a down for Bears
                    4 Josh Beekman Boston College
                    5 Kevin Payne Louisiana-Monroe -- should have never played a down
                    5 Corey Graham New Hampshire
                    7 Trumaine McBride Mississippi
                    7 Aaron Brant Iowa State -- never played a down for the Bears

The Bears got the big heads and figured they were a strong enough team to take some shots in the dark. Didn't address the need to replace an old OL with 4 players over 30. Didn't address the need for a WR to replace the 34-year old and not that good, Muhsin Muhammad. Makes me so angry!

Comment

Just want to point out that I hate Walter Football and think it's a massively overrated draft site. Unless Scott know the people over there in which case.....disregard.

Comment

You also seem to neglect to mention that the rest of the draft sucked pretty bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Preston View Post
                          You also seem to neglect to mention that the rest of the draft sucked pretty bad.
                          That 1st round can put up an argument against any, especially if you factor in the star power of the top 5. Laron Landry, Marshawn Lynch, Lawrence Timmons, Michael Griffin, Dwayne Bowe, Jon Beason, Joe Staley, Benn Grubbs, Greg Olsen.

That's half the round, and those are all some pretty good starters.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                          I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Originally posted by 49ersfan_87 View Post
                            49ers did pretty good in this draft overall. Patrick Willis, Joe Staley, Ray McDonald, Dashon Goldson, and Tarrell Brown. 5 starters and they were all pretty good except for maybe Brown, who was more above-average ish. By far our best draft in a while.
                            Pretty Good? You come our of any draft with 5 quality starters, you win.

Comment

Originally posted by Preston View Post
                              The first two rounds overall were awesome.. maybe not for every team but still. But to your point, how many times an ENTIRE draft class turns out great?

Comment

Also it seems that if your team didn't had an awsome draft like the Steelers, Jets or 49ers; you had a horrible draft like the Broncos, Raiders, etc.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information