No announcement yet.

Revised 2007 NFL Draft

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hearing Aaron Brooks and Andrew Walter helps to bring back the memories. I think its safe to say that 2007 should be a clear example of the "Golden Rule" failing a franchise.
    SCA Prowler is my Xbox Live Gamertag
    Fire Caldwell!!!

Prowler's Newb Guide

Comment

Originally posted by bhaarat316 View Post
      How does Mike Z seem to get the best out of all these leftover players?

The Bengals D should be trash considering how some of the players played with their previous teams, but then they meet Zimmer and he turns **** into metal.

How is this guy not a HC yet?
      I am a big Zimmer fan and he's been the best Bengals D coordinator in at least a decade, but the reclamation projects on the Bengals D are not quite as impressive as you maybe give them credit for.

The Bengals D finished middle of the pack this past season and the best players were almost all Bengals draft picks (Leon Hall, Carlos Dunlap, Geno Atkins, Domata Peko, Frostee Rucker, Rey Maualuga, etc.).

Of the reclamation types, Reggie Nelson made some positive plays, but also had some pretty terrible plays that led to long TDs also. The guy is frustrating as hell to watch. Pacman was the same way, with less good plays. Really the only reclamation type that I thought was above average as a starter was Thomas Howard. That guy was extremely solid and made a lot of nice plays with very few mistakes.

Comment

As far as the Bengals 2007 draft, Leon Hall at #18 overall was a good pick. I was really hoping that Revis fell to us but the Jets traded up to 14 or 15 take him (and he probably wouldn't have made it past the Steelers anyway).

The worst part of the draft was that everyone in the world knew the Bengals badly needed a LB (Pollack had broken his neck and Odell Thurman was on crack) so a couple teams traded ahead of the Bengals in the 2nd round and there was a mini-run on LBs with Lamar Woodley, David Harris and Justin Durant all going right before our pick. The Bengals said they had been targeting Harris, but the Jets again traded up and got our guy.

With all the LBs gone, it led to RB Kenny Irons of Auburn being the pick. He tore up his knee in the preseason and never played a regular season snap for the Bengals.

The Bengals sometimes get lucky by sitting tight and hoping their guy falls to them (last year with Dalton) instead of trading up. But they are incredibly transparent as to who they are targeting and often it leads to teams jumping right ahead of them to snap up the Bengals' target. 2007 was one of those years where it happened and really hurt.

Comment

1. Dwayne Bowe
          2. Turk McBride
          3. Tank Tyler
          5. Kolby Smith
          5. Justin Medlock
          6. Herb Taylor
          7. Michael Allan

Basically awful outside of Bowe. Everyone else is with a new team.

Originally posted by fenikz
          His soft D really turns me off
          ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Comment

Originally posted by vidae View Post
            1. Dwayne Bowe
            2. Turk McBride
            3. Tank Tyler
            5. Kolby Smith
            5. Justin Medlock
            6. Herb Taylor
            7. Michael Allan

At least your first round pick is alive... :\

Comment

1 29 (29) Ben Grubbs G Auburn
              3 10 (74) Yamon Figurs WR Kansas State
              3 22 (86) Marshal Yanda G Iowa
              4* 35 (134) Antwan Barnes OLB Florida International
              4* 38 (137) Le'Ron McClain FB Alabama
              5* 37 (174) Troy Smith QB Ohio State
              6* 33 (207) Prescott Burgess OLB Michigan

We got two of the top guards in the league along with a pro bowl fullback (and the RB who carried our offense one season). Troy Smith was a decent back up for a couple of years. Prescott Burgess is still with the team but is about what you expect out of a 6th round LB - special teamer/practice roster guy. Antwan Barnes did nothing for us but got 12 sacks this year for the Chargers and Figurs was useless. Not a flashy draft but a very solid one.

Comment

1. Marshawn Lynch - Good pick, not with the Bills though
                2. Paul Posluszny - Good pick, not with the Bills though
                3. Trent Edwards - Good pick, until Adrian Wilson
                4. Dwayne Wright - Didn't do anything
                6. John Wendling - Really solid special teamer
                7. Derek Schouman - Athletic TE that never did anything
                7. C.J. Ah You - Never did anything

The Bills first three picks looked fantastic for a while. Then Marshawn hit a lady with his car, then had weapons in his car, and then Fred Jackson proved to be a better player for less money and without the head aches. Posluszny was solid but not amazing, left for a contract in Jacksonville. Trent Edwards was great until Adrian Wilson concussed the **** out of him and turned him into captain check down.

If the Bills match Jacksonville's offer last year, and Marshawn wasn't an idiot, the Bills basically would have had an extra 1st round pick in the 2010 draft and a 2nd round pick in the 2011 draft to use on positons that weren't RB or ILB.

Comment

1. Leon Hall
                  2. Kenny Irons
                  4. Marvin White
                  5. Jeff Rowe
                  6. Matt Toeaina
                  7. Dan Santucci
                  7. Chinedum Ndukwe

Hall was only one that turned out.

RIP themaninblack

Comment

Originally posted by vidae View Post
                    1. Dwayne Bowe
                    2. Turk McBride
                    3. Tank Tyler
                    5. Kolby Smith
                    5. Justin Medlock
                    6. Herb Taylor
                    7. Michael Allan

I think Kolby Smith could have been solid injuries really derailed him IMO

Comment

Originally posted by T-RICH49 View Post
                      I think Kolby Smith could have been solid injuries really derailed him IMO
                      Probably, yeah. He was always hurt though.

Originally posted by fenikz
                      His soft D really turns me off
                      ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Comment

Originally posted by Pat Sims 90 View Post
                        1. Leon Hall
                        2. Kenny Irons
                        4. Marvin White
                        5. Jeff Rowe
                        6. Matt Toeaina
                        7. Dan Santucci
                        7. Chinedum Ndukwe

Hall was only one that turned out.
                        Toe's pretty solid.

Comment

1/16 Justin Harrell Defensive Tackle Tennessee
                          Maybe the biggest bust of the draft...hard to argue Jamarcus, but at least he saw the field.

2/63 Brandon Jackson Running Back Nebraska
                          Had some moments as a 3rd down back, but couldn't break a tackle to save his life.

3/78 James Jones Wide Receiver San Jose State
                          Still with the team and a nice receiver. He would probably produce more if on a different team.

3/89 Aaron Rouse Safety Virginia Tech
                          He was actually a pretty good safety that fooled a lot of people into thinking he could be a very good starter. That didn't happen though.

4/119 Allen Barbre Offensive lineman Missouri Southern St.
                          He was horrible and a total project.

5/157 David Clowney Wide Receiver Virginia Tech
                          Never did anything as a Packer, but I believe he is still with the Jets.

6/191 Korey Hall Inside linebacker Boise State
                          He played a number of years in GB as a FB and a nice special teamer. He was pretty good, but GB had 3 FB's and he lost out to John Kuhn.

6/192 Desmond Bishop Inside linebacker Cal
                          A starting ILB for us now. Took him awhile to crack the lineup but I don't think that was his fault. Good pick.

6/193 Mason Crosby Kicker Colorado
                          He has turned into a great kicker. He battle some inconsistency, but was outstanding last year. Capped off one of the better 6th rounds I can remember.

7/228 DeShawn Wynn Running Back Florida
                          He became the RB that was given too many chances. I'm not sure I ever saw the potential, but the coaches wasted a lot of time hoping he'd stay healthy.

7/243 (compensatory) Clark Harris Tight end Rutgers
                          I don't think he made the team that year.

Comment

Harrell at least looked decent when he played, it's just that he hurt his back and with a DT when you lose the back you lose everything, so blame the strength coach on that one. Prior to his biceps injury in college, Justin Harrell looked like the same sort of prospect that Ndamukong Suh turned out to be.

That's a miss, but not a terrible miss. You draft a guy, he gets hurt, he can't play, and you cut him. Happens a lot.

Comment

Lawrence Timmons- Was drafted as an OLB to replace porter when james harrison was an unknown...had a shaky rookie year cause of groin problems, only thing i remember him doing was a few ST tackles and tearing ricky williams pectoral muscle in a mud bowl at heinz field. Since then hes moved inside and gained 25 pounds....had a down year last season but i think hes pretty cemented as a top tier MLB in a 34. I wanted willis, timmons, or spencer that year....absolutely cringed at the thought of carriker or revis though. **** revis. Timmons is a great blitzer, no longer a liability against the run (got his **** pushed in early in his career) and he can legit run stride for stride with recievers

Lamaar Woodley- Was unblockable in his first training camp and it didnt take long for him to unseat clark haggans. He and timmons are now two of the richest LBs in the league. For not being overally fast he has a mean bullrush and is one of the better closing pass rushers in the league, he just doesnt miss

Matt Spaeth- blows. now a bear...his 6-7 body and stone hands were useless

Dan Sepulveda- was a top 5 punter when healthy...however has had 3 season ending knee injuries. his huge leg, high hang time, and 4.4 speed made him special....however i cant see the steelers bringing him back, his knees are beyond shot

Cam Stephenson- suck, was cut and replaced with fellow rutger scrub darnell stapleton

William ***- gets a lot of **** but is one of the better NBs out there, great tackler, great run supporter, and solid in coverage...love him at NB, he shuts down slot WRs...its guys like TO and Gronk that destroy him for obvious reasons

Dallas Baker- they took a shot on him, never could really do much
                              E]

Comment

Originally posted by 49ersfan_87 View Post
                                49ers did pretty good in this draft overall. Patrick Willis, Joe Staley, Ray McDonald, Dashon Goldson, and Tarrell Brown. 5 starters and they were all pretty good except for maybe Brown, who was more above-average ish. By far our best draft in a while.
                                1(11) - Patrick Willis - ILB - Ole Miss
                                1(28) - Joe Staley - OT - Central Michigan
                                3(76) - Jason Hill - WR - Washington State
                                3(97) - Ray McDonald - DE - Florida
                                4(104) - Jay Moore - OLB - Nebraska
                                4(126) - Dashon Goldson - S - Washington
                                4(135) - Joe Cohen - DT - Florida
                                5(147) - Tarell Brown - CB - Texas
                                6(186) - Thomas Clayton - RB - Kansas State

Comment

Working...
                                X