No announcement yet.

How High Can Mohamed Sanu Climb?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Marshall is a little bigger so I don't see that comparison.
    #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
      Marshall is a little bigger so I don't see that comparison.
      I didn't necessarily mean it as a comparison, because Marshall is bigger, but just based on the description, sounds like him. Just in the sense that he's tough over the middle, will make the big catches, and works for extra yards after the catch. I know that sounds a lot like a comparison, but I don't really mean it exactly like that, if you know where I'm going with this. Saying he's Marshallesque, I guess, rather than a full-on comparison.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
      Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
      Originally posted by njx9
      do i tell you when to flip the burger?

Comment

Well I don't see the tough yards over the middle from Sanu right now but he's more of a a deep threat than people realize. When used more as a deep threat his freshman year he performed in that role.
        #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

I seem to remember on several occasions over his career where Sanu got 3-5 yards of separation on deep balls, but the ball was underthrown and he was tackled at the catch by the trailing DB.

Comment

My real question is what is keeping him from the Mayock top 5?

I mean Alshon Jeffery is falling like a brick.

My real question is how do he and Rueben Randle compare as prospects? It seems that Randle has passed him on many expert rankings, but it is very close.

Comment

Mayock on Mohamed Sanu: Not sudden, doesn‘«÷t have great acceleration. Like Alshon Jeffery, Sanu does not create separation.

Z-Report Says: This is similar to what I was saying last weekend, but I do think Sanu‘«÷s top-end speed will be better than Mayock expects. The problem I have with Sanu is that it looks like it takes him a little while to get to top speed, but I think he will run okay at the combine. Sanu is a high-character player with winning traits, but he needs more polish as a WR and he‘«÷ll have to prove that he can get separation in the intermediate areas.

http://blog.chron.com/fantasyfootbal...-in-with-mine/

Comment

Sanu doesn't get separation? Is Mayock serious?

Sanu has the plus body control that Jeffery has, and a natural burst to his game. Sanu may not be sudden/quick, but is absolutely explosive out of his breaks. Plus, unlike Alshon, Sanu has an elite route tree and gets open in ALL areas of the field with his elite awareness against zone coverage.

Really disappointed in Mayock on that one. Sanu is a guy who is going to get open consistently in the NFL and become an excellent possession type. Comparing him to Alshon Jeffery is extremely irresponsible and downright offensive.

Comment

2nd rounder.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

Originally posted by Nebula View Post
                    Sanu doesn't get separation? Is Mayock serious?

Sanu has the plus body control that Jeffery has, and a natural burst to his game. Sanu may not be sudden/quick, but is absolutely explosive out of his breaks. Plus, unlike Alshon, Sanu has an elite route tree and gets open in ALL areas of the field with his elite awareness against zone coverage.

Really disappointed in Mayock on that one. Sanu is a guy who is going to get open consistently in the NFL and become an excellent possession type. Comparing him to Alshon Jeffery is extremely irresponsible and downright offensive.
                    I agree that comparing Jeffery and Sanu is not fair to Sanu.

I do have some of the same concerns. I did not see the quick twitch in the Pinstripe Bowl that I was hoping to see and he does not seem like a big play threat.

I think Sanu can be great in the NFL if he is used properly in a West Coast Offense or as a physically dominant #2 WR. His game reminds me of Anquan Boldin as he is the guy you look to on 3rd down and on a slant route near the goal line.

I think the negativity on Sanu comes from people wanting him to be something he is not. He is not a down the field #1 he is an underneath grinder who is going to make big catches on 3rd down and punish DBs.

He may not be worth a 1st round pick, but I think he is going to be a really good #2 WR or a Roddy White type player in a shorter passing game.

Comment

Working...
                    X

Debug Information