Ranking 3-4 OLBs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ranking 3-4 OLBs

So I was just wondering how people would rank the 3-4 OLBs without including Upshaw, Ingram, Perry, and Mercilus. I feel like there are actually quite a few intriguing players after the four I mentioned above, but just wonder how everyone else would rank them.

Players I was looking at:

Andre Branch
    Shea McClellin
    Bruce Irvin
    Johanthon Massaquoi
    Chandler Jones
    Ronnel Lewis
    Vinny Curry

No specific order for me, just wondering how everyone else would rank them.

Pre-Combine...

Andre Branch
    Vinny Curry
    Johnathan Massaquoi
    Chandler Jones
    Ronnell Lewis
    Bruce Irvin
    Shea McClellin

Comment

My rankings:
      1) Bruce Irvin
      2) Andre Branch
      3) Vinny Curry
      4) Chandler Jones
      5) Johnathan Massaquoi
      6) Ronnell Lewis
      7)Shea McClellin

Comment

^^^
        Looking forward to checking out some of Bruce Irvin's combine numbers. His first step & explosion are really really good. If he were the same size as Aldon Smith maybe he'd go in the top 10 too.
        aka KGB Chicken

Comment

1. Vinny Curry
          2. Jonathan Massaquoi
          3. Bruce Irvin
          4. Andre Branch
          5. Chandler Jones
          6. Ronnel Lewis
          7. Shea McClellin

Comment

1) Vinny Curry - high motor - good get off. Good Senior Bowl week.

2) Andre Branch - better athlete than given credit for. Looks like he has big hands to control blockers. A little inconsistent still, but talented.

3) Chandler Jones - a little raw still, but has a really nice frame and flashes top ability. Intriguing prospect.

4) Bruce Irvin - almost moves like a RB with a little 'jump cut' type pass rush move to the outside. Was out of position at DE in a 3-3-5. Gifted athletically, but needs to develop more in terms of pass rushing moves.

5) Shea McClellin - not super athletic - but versatile, could play a number of positions.

6) Jonathon Massaquoi - think he might be better in a 4-3. My tape study has shown he has some ability rushing the passer, but doesn't dominate enough in the Sun Belt for my liking.

7) Ronnell Lewis - I've been underwhelmed by him on tape study. Get off isn't as good as I was expecting. Rotates a bunch more than fellow DE Frank Alexander. High motor, but had some academic issues as well as durability issues. Too many concerns for me.

Comment

1. Vinny Curry
              2. Bruce Irvin
              3. Shea McClellin
              4. Andre Branch
              5. Chandler Jones
              6. Jonathan Massaquoi
              7. Ronnell Lewis

Comment

I'm really wanting Bruce Irvin in Titan blue

Comment

Am I the only one who thinks that Irvin looks as if he's 230 lbs? Maybe it is just the 11...

Comment

Originally posted by TACKLE View Post
                    1. Vinny Curry
                    2. Bruce Irvin
                    3. Shea McClellin
                    4. Andre Branch
                    5. Chandler Jones
                    6. Jonathan Massaquoi
                    7. Ronnell Lewis
                    After I saw the first two posts with McClellin at 7, this is what I was waiting for from you haha.

I'm not sure what's going on with him right now, but don't sleep on Bruce Irvin here either. He should be included with this group.
                    Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
                    The APS is strong in this one.
                    Originally posted by killxswitch
                    Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

i wanted to like Shea McClellan at Senior Bowl. He was meh.

maybe he's just in a bad situation like Woodley a few years ago. but he couldn't seem to get off a damn block. Ive seen sites that have him as a solid 2, he looks more like a 5 to me.
                      my shoes hurt

Why Me? The Bob Lamonta Story

Comment

Originally posted by edgrenade View Post
                        Am I the only one who thinks that Irvin looks as if he's 230 lbs? Maybe it is just the 11...
                        yeh he looks skinny. his role might be that of Aaron Maybin with the Jets. Pass rusher on 3rd and long, useless the rest of the time.
                        my shoes hurt

Comment

Originally posted by bitonti View Post
                          yeh he looks skinny. his role might be that of Aaron Maybin with the Jets. Pass rusher on 3rd and long, useless the rest of the time.
                          Alden Smith looks skinny too.

Mayock on Illinois Defensive End Whitney Mercilus: Fairly gifted kid. Some natural pass-rush ability. Little bit of a 1-yr wonder. Not stout at point of attack.

Z-Report Says: Can rush with hand on the ground or standing up. Great burst off the ball, but is a finesse player right now. Looks like he can add 10 more pounds of muscle to his frame. Still learning the position.
                          Last edited by J-Mike88; 02-17-2012, 08:10 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by J-Mike88 View Post
                            Alden Smith looks skinny too.
                            kinda. Smith looked like he was 250. Irvin looks like he's 230 or less.
                            my shoes hurt

Comment

Working...
                            X

Debug Information