No announcement yet.

Rueben Randle, WR, LSU

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't like taking long term WR projects in the first round.

Comment

Rumors are swirling that he will run sub 4.4 [40], which may cause him to get into the 1st round permently.

Comment

Originally posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post
        I don't like taking long term WR projects in the first round.
        That is a big part of the reason I have him as a second rounder. He has tons of talent and ability, but needs alot of work, too much to take him in the first IMO.

Originally posted by JohnCandy View Post
        Rumors are swirling that he will run sub 4.4 [40], which may cause him to get into the 1st round permently.
        If he runs a sub 4.4 I will be shocked, watching all the LSU games the last two + years, I dont see it. Maybe on a fast track, I dont think he has the explosion to do it, although I would bet his second 20 is faster than his first.
        If I am wrong (not the first time), and he does run a sub 4.4 forty, than you are probably right about him going in the first round.
        "It must be contract year!"

Deion Sanders

Comment

Randle played in a poor passing system with nothing special at QB. The Combine should be his time to shine if he is capable. Until we see him work out at the Combine, he is at best a round 2 guy. If he can dominate at the combine, he'll move up especially if he has elite speed.
          And proud of it!!!

Comment

The slow track in lucas stadium we shall see.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnCandy View Post
              You are picking at 25 and you are choosing between Sanu and Randle, who do you pick and why?

Why is Sanu not in the top 5 of Mayock Rankings?

1. Randle, because he's going to be a better pro IMO. Faster with more upside, but will also get physical.

2. Because he's too slow. A one speed possession receiver who can fight his hands at times.

I think Sanu has become one of the most overrated prospects in this draft.

Comment

Mayock on the top WRs in the draft: Four wide receivers should be drafted in the 1st round: Blackmon, Kendall Wright, Michael Floyd, Rueben Randle, but not Alshon Jeffery or Mohamed Sanu.

Z-Report Says: Not really a surprise on this front. As I said in my mock draft, teams view Rueben Randle as a potential #1 WR and love his size/speed. While he wasn‘«÷t as productive as the other potential first rounders, teams realize he had QB issues at LSU he had to deal with as well as an extremely conservative attack compared to the other three wide receivers.

http://blog.chron.com/fantasyfootbal...-in-with-mine/

Comment

Originally posted by cmarq83 View Post
                  Physically, he's all there, but I hate the way he catches the football. Way too many body catches IMO. He has the ability to make the easy catches look easy and the harder catches look hard. It sort of mitigates the advantage he has in terms of length. It's going to take a lot of work from a professional receivers coach to fix that, but if it's fixed watch out.
                  This. He's just peaking right now in hype. He's not a first rounder, I don't think.

Also, I'd take Sanu over him.

Comment

Originally posted by SenorGato View Post
                    This. He's just peaking right now in hype. He's not a first rounder, I don't think.

Also, I'd take Sanu over him.
                    I thought very similarly, but when Mayock is so committed to him being a 1st round pick and the 4th best WR in the draft it makes you really think.

At the same time Mayock is really down on Jeffery and Sanu.

Comment

Originally posted by TACKLE
                      I think the general lack of excitement towards Randle is due to the fact (as I see it) that his athleticism is really underrated for whatever reason. Maybe I'm wrong but I expect a strong combine showing. He can create and make guys miss with the ball in his hands far better than a guy like Floyd.
                      Post combine where do you expect him to be ranked as a WR?

And where do you think he is ranked overall?

Comment

Working...
                      X

Debug Information