Mayock: "Luck is great but not once in a life-time"

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by broth223 View Post
    Here's the question. Luck or Stafford as a prospect?
    I like Stafford better from a physical standpoint but i think Luck has an advantage in the intangible category.

Comment

Originally posted by Iamcanadian View Post
      First, it is a quote by somebody besides Mayock himself. I'll wait till I hear Mayock speak on Luck himself before I jump the gun.

I still think Mayock will call him once in a decade prospect when he goes over Luck as a prospect. He's one of the best I have seen in my 55 odd years of following the draft.Of course we are talking about Luck as a prospect, that carries no guarantee that he will be better than Peyton, Montana or Elway, just that he has that type of ceiling, which means nothing till you actually produce as a pro.

Ceiling doesn't mean you will be better than those you are compared to, just gives a prospect a mark he is capable of.

Did you really agree with Fate Echols going in the top 10 in '62 while Billy Neighbors fell all the way to #43 overall?

Also, what was your scouting report like on Roman Gabriel?

Comment

I've been saying it for 2 years but Luck=Eli but with more mobility. They are very very similar.
        #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by Babylon View Post
          I like Stafford better from a physical standpoint but i think Luck has an advantage in the intangible category.
          Luck has the advantage in the physical standpoint as well other than arm strength. Luck is more athletic, is bigger, more accurate, better thrower on the run.
          INDIANAPOLIS COLTS - A CHANGE IS COMING!

Comment

Originally posted by K Train View Post
            i wonder who he considers once in a lifetime? i mean guys like calvin and suh were incredible super elite prospects but too say ill never ever see an athlete of that caliber again would be a bold statement.

id say luck is the best QB prospect ive seen in my lifetime so far, once in a lifetime i doubt though
            Julius Peppers.

Comment

Originally posted by Miaoww View Post
              Julius Peppers.
              Until Mario Williams came along a few years later and beat him at just about every combine event, while weighing in heavier.

Comment

Its probably the case where Luck has been around for so long in the stream of conciousness where people will start to put him down a bit.

Luck is a beast, has awesome accuracy, and is a perfectionist. And totally an underrated athlete. All the talent and quick decision making anyone can ask for.

Im hoping the Colts talk themselves out of Luck and the Browns have a crack at him in April. Wishful thinking but whatever...

Comment

Originally posted by DraftSavant View Post
                  Until Mario Williams came along a few years later and beat him at just about every combine event, while weighing in heavier.
                  I kinda doubt most of his times were better but there's no way to know because Peppers' times aren't listed. Though the urban legend is that he ran a 4.48 at his pro day.

Comment

Would Bronko Nagurski be considered a "once in a lifetime" prospect?

Comment

Originally posted by broth223 View Post
                      Here's the question. Luck or Stafford as a prospect?
                      I'm the guy who would say Stafford. Stafford was an awesome prospect....

Luck is going to be really good. The guy can do whatever he wants to do in life...iw studying mechanical engineering?
                      Last edited by SenorGato; 02-16-2012, 09:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Babylon View Post

I like Stafford's intangibles.
                        Stafford Sig by touchdownrams the rest of the sig by Sig Master Bone Krusher Avy by King of all avys renji

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Originally posted by njx9
                        oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.

Comment

I never thought Stafford was that great of a prospect. I could never get his performance against Alabama's defense as a junior out of my head.

UGA was ranked #3 and had a night game at home against the #8 ranked Crimson Tide in Sanford Stadium (the "Blackout Game")

At halftime, Alabama had a 31-0 lead after Stafford had went 8/14, for 58 yards, no TD's, 1 INT, and an intentional grounding penalty in the first half.

Bama ended up letting Stafford pad his stats in the 2nd half by playing soft coverage due to Saban having called off the dogs at that point.

Stafford had never even completed better than 55% of his passes until A.J. Green came along.

I've never seen anything like that out of Andrew Luck. Then again, Luck has never faced a Nick Saban defense, or anything close to it.

Comment

I think the stat about never completing 55% of his passes before AJ Green, it's the same thing that's happening for him in the NFL. He's got CJ, and that's pretty much all he needs. I think Stafford is pretty much garbage as a QB, he buckles really badly under pressure, chuck and duck. Several of those touchdowns late in the game he threw to Calvin were just floaters into triple coverage that Calvin won. So Luck vs Stafford I'd pick Luck pretty easily, and I'm not overly impressed with him either.

Comment

Originally posted by JHL6719 View Post
                              I never thought Stafford was that great of a prospect. I could never get his performance against Alabama's defense as a junior out of my head.

UGA was ranked #3 and had a night game at home against the #8 ranked Crimson Tide in Sanford Stadium (the "Blackout Game")

At halftime, Alabama had a 31-0 lead after Stafford had went 8/14, for 58 yards, no TD's, 1 INT, and an intentional grounding penalty in the first half.

Bama ended up letting Stafford pad his stats in the 2nd half by playing soft coverage due to Saban having called off the dogs at that point.

Stafford had never even completed better than 55% of his passes until A.J. Green came along.

I've never seen anything like that out of Andrew Luck. Then again, Luck has never faced a Nick Saban defense, or anything close to it.
                              Yea...its a shame the BCS robbed us of a chance to see Luck go up against Alabama or LSU.He did however perform much better than Griffin against their common opponent Ok. St.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information