2012 Combine Sleepers Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2012 Combine Sleepers Thread

Post some sleepers for the 2012 NFL Combine. One of my sleepers is Cory Harkey. Harkey is a 6 foot 5 259 pound blocking tight end from UCLA. Harkey could really move up draft boards if he dominates the catching drills at the combine.

I'm going to keep doing research and continue to list potential sleepers for the Combine on DC forums as I am researching.

For a full list of combine prospects you can click the link below.

http://www.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/e...82485/34737006

Vinny Curry will complete the climb at the combine.

Comment

Not an under the radar player per say but Fletcher Cox has the athleticism to blow the lid off the combine. Sub 4.8 would not shock me. Fleener could surprise some people with his forty time as well.

Comment

I'm a big Mohamed Sanu guy (since I'm a Rutgers alum), and Rutgers players have tended to work out pretty well in recent years

Comment

I don't know how much of a "sleeper" he is, but I just posted in another thread that I think Doug Martin has the potential to really turn heads at the combine.

Comment

My money is on Coby Fleener running much faster than everyone thinks.

I'll even go this far, I have Fleener's time vs. Blackmon's. Takers?
            Last edited by DrAbaddon; 02-16-2012, 05:04 PM.

Comment

Watch out for Patrick Edwards from Houston. I look for him to run a sub 4.4 40.

Comment

they say DB Jansen Jackson, McNeese St (former Tennesee) can run 4.3 legit.
                my shoes hurt

Why Me? The Bob Lamonta Story

Comment

Originally posted by DrAbaddon View Post
                  it's an interesting prop. They will be close. If only Fleener had won the biletnikoff 2x :)

Fleener beats Alshon Jeffrey's time easy
                  my shoes hurt

Why Me? The Bob Lamonta Story

Comment

Danny Coale Wr out of Virginia Tech may surprise some people.

As for Fleener, i can see some 40 time in the high 4.5s to low 4.6s but doubt that changes his draft status either way.

Comment

Originally posted by DrAbaddon View Post
                      My money is on Coby Fleener is going to run much faster than everyone thinks.

Fleener's time is going to be better than expected but it's not going to be radically shocking. His athleticism is generally underrated but its not like people think he is some stiff.

I'm also excited about Chris Owusu. The guy was a burner 2 years ago and hopefully he can show off at the combine and maybe get himself drafted real late.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                      Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy

Comment

Originally posted by niel89 View Post
                        Fleener's time is going to be better than expected but it's not going to be radically shocking. His athleticism is generally underrated but its not like people think he is some stiff.

I'm also excited about Chris Owusu. The guy was a burner 2 years ago and hopefully he can show off at the combine and maybe get himself drafted real late.
                        Agree on Fleener. He's probably gaining interest because of what they do there in New England and may be an alternative for a team needing another wideout.

Owusu i have my doubts about. He has some ability but like a fighter that has taken one too many blows to the head i dont see him overcoming that.

Comment

Yeah I'm not seeing the Fleener thing....he's awesome and a first rounder in my book, granted, but not gonna pull a Greg Olsen or something at the combine.

Comment

If Fleener runs in the 4.5s at the combine at a weight close to 260#, that would shock the sheet out of me. Lock first rounder.

What DT do people see putting up the best combine numbers??

Comment

Originally posted by TACKLE View Post
                              Not an under the radar player per say but Fletcher Cox has the athleticism to blow the lid off the combine. Sub 4.8 would not shock me. Fleener could surprise some people with his forty time as well.
                              This. Cox is an absolute freak and I don't think a lot of people realize it. I know a lot of high school times are crazily inflated, but he was widely considered to be a 4.5 or slightly sub 4.5 guy as a 245 pound DE prospect in highschool. He could pull of one of the best combines a DT has ever had.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information