Vontaze Burfict, ILB, Arizona St.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vontaze Burfict, ILB, Arizona St.

He's one of the best inside backers I've seen in along time. I understand that people think he's crazy, which is why he is projected so low in the first round by seemingly everyone. What is the root of this madness? Has there been acts of real life disturbing behavior beyond what we see from Suh any given Sunday? Or is that exactly it, Suh like behavior on the field?
    Last edited by MikeBaltimore12; 02-21-2012, 01:01 PM.

Originally posted by MikeBaltimore12 View Post
    He's one of the best inside backers I've seen in along time. I understand that people think he's crazy, which is why he is projected so low in the first round by seemingly everyone. What is the root of this madness? Has there been acts of real life disturbing behavior beyond what we see from Suh any given Sunday? Or is that exactly it, Suh like behavior on the field?
    I have more of a problem with his poor instincts.The guy takes himself out of a plays alot by simply choosing the wrong gap or ignoring his assignments.His attitude is bad on top of that.His tape as a freshman is the same as a Junior which means he probably doesnt take to coaching either. I can live with Suh's issues because he is actually a good football player

Comment

One of the best inside linebackers you've seen in a long time? With all due respect to your opinion, Zach Brown has just as good of a burst downhill, if not better. Even last years draft, Bruce Carter was a similar explosive athlete like Burfict.

Burfict is essentially a guy who rarely diagnoses the play, freelances in coverage, is extremely undiscplined, and refuses to stay with his run keys. He's a guy who you can't win with in zone coverage and is going to make a lot more bad plays than good early on in his NFL career. Sure, he is an explosive athlete but there are other linebackers that will come and go that's just as good of an athlete without the character issues

Comment

by the time the draft comes there will easily be 100 players more qualified to play in the NFL than Burfict. I've seen mocks with him 1st or 2nd, that's too high for a guy with his baggage. he's a mid round pick at best. also remember the new concussion leading with the helmet rules hurt his value, even if he was in terrific shape and respectful of Dennis Erickson.
        my shoes hurt

Why Me? The Bob Lamonta Story

Comment

Working...
        X

Debug Information