Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Dolphins Dont Pick Tannehill at 8, Where Does He Go?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Don Vito View Post
    QB: Sanchez
    FB/QB: Tebow
    QB/WR: Tannehill
    RB/QB: Tomlinson

A new breed of offense.
    Get a psycho therapist for that team.

Comment

Originally posted by Vikes99ej View Post
      So is Tannehill the Gabbert of this year's draft?
      More like the Locker since he's actually looked good and his only faults are experience and consistency. Whereas Gabbert's biggest flaws where his gaping vagina.

BK

Originally posted by AcheTen
      JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
      Originally posted by abaddon41_80
      Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
      Originally posted by JBCX
      Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.

Comment

Originally posted by Rosebud View Post
        More like the Locker since he's actually looked good and his only faults are experience and consistency. Whereas Gabbert's biggest flaws where his gaping vagina.
        I have to admit, this made me laugh my ass off.

Comment

Originally posted by Thecollegedropout View Post
          We just got Tim Tebow, why would the Jets draft Tannehill at 16?

If Jets did that, then I would be done with the NFL as a whole.
          Tebow's completion % is worst than Sanchez, and Sanchez's is pretty damn bad.

Tebow is a change of pace QB thats just more famous than Brad Smith. He is no competition for Sanchez as a starting quarterback.

Comment

Comment

Like to see somebody trade up with the Rams for him.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperPacker View Post
                Kansas City trade up with St Louis and get Tannehill at #6? That would make sense. I still say the Dolphins at #8 is the most likely destination.

What would the Chiefs have to pay to do that ?

Comment

...you no longer need to give high draft picks big contracts so that if he bust all you did was waste a pick with practically no financial penalty, but if he hits you have your franchise QB.
                  And that says it all. Ladies and Gentleman, the evolution of the NFL Draft. Now there's no financial repercussion to drafting shi*ty players in the first round, just the buyer's regret of knowing you could've had you a David DeCastro.
                  Last edited by Asteinebach; 04-13-2012, 11:09 AM.
                  -The Contrarian Proletarian

Comment

Originally posted by bornnraisedwhodat View Post
                    It's widely assumed that Tannehill will go to Cleveland at 4, or Dolphins at 8, or someone will trade up for him. Lets say trades dont happen, Cleveland passes on him, and the Dolphins pass on him...which is totally plausable.

It's plausible b/c both Cleveland & the Fins have so many other glaring needs. Here's that ASSUME word again, but IMO it's reasonable to assume the Browns will take Richardson after the Hillis departure, the Fins are the real thinker.

Where does he go then? there are tons of QB need teams after the Dolphins.

Buffalo - Wouldnt call them QB needy, but is Fitzpatrick "the guy" ? plus it would be an ideal situation because there would be no need to rush Tannehill to start.

Didnt Buffalo just re-up Fitzpatrick? Phenomenal for an Ivy Leaguer, especially a QB, to make that much $ in the NFL

KC - Cassell is a solid QB, but again, is he "the guy" ?

Cassell screws the pooch as often as he wins, less consistent than Romo, he s/b expendable but other needs will trump a QB selection in KC.

Seahawks - They just signed Matt Flynn, but it was too a pretty cheap deal that doesnt tie their hands much. Another ideal situation because Tannehill could sit for a while and develop.
                    Too much Flynn investment, guess they weren't enthralled with Whitehurst They lost their top tackler to FA so I think they have to go LB.

Cardinals - Come on, Skelton and Kolb?
                    Now we're talking. Zona has been quiet in all this FA shuffling, Whisenhunt has to be smart enough to see Kolb's limitations & is not the answer...isn't he? they won't trade up but will wait in the tall grass for Tannehill.

Eagles - Andy Reid has worked magic witih much less talented QB's than Tannehill.
                    Won't fall that far

Jets - Competition for Sanchez? See above

Browns again at 22 - If Tannehill was to drop this far, I cant see them not picking him here.

See above
                    Good list of needy teams who have options.
                    Here's my take.

Comment

I think with Locker there was this great potential that just got lost along the way. Tannehill is the 3rd best QB in this draft and he's not really great in any one area. I think his situation might be the Brady Quinn model (someone brought that up) where he sits there for a bit. My guess is someone will trade back into the late first for him.

Comment

I'm not sure if I've misunderstood you, but are you suggesting Locker has gotten lost along the way? I mean, for only having played in 5 games his rookie season, he's got a 99.4 QBR and a 4-0 TD/INT ratio. He's looked pretty good, and he might even be ready to start for Tennessee this year.
                        -The Contrarian Proletarian

Comment

Originally posted by SuperPacker View Post
                          Kansas City trade up with St Louis and get Tannehill at #6? That would make sense. I still say the Dolphins at #8 is the most likely destination.
                          The Chiefs will not be moving up.

Comment

Originally posted by Splat View Post
                            The Chiefs will not be moving up.
                            Not into the top 10 at any rate. I could see them trading up to get Weeden late 1st round/early 2nd.

J

Ad Super Bowl per Aspera

Comment

Originally posted by Asteinebach View Post
                              I'm not sure if I've misunderstood you, but are you suggesting Locker has gotten lost along the way? I mean, for only having played in 5 games his rookie season, he's got a 99.4 QBR and a 4-0 TD/INT ratio. He's looked pretty good, and he might even be ready to start for Tennessee this year.
                              I was mainly referring to the period from his junior year when some said he was the top pick for 2011 and the actual draft day. I guess my point was he had the potential to be a premier QB. Not sure i see that in Tannehill but i hope he does well for some team.

As for Locker i think what he was able to do in short stints validated his upside.

Comment

Originally posted by armageddon View Post
                                Like to see somebody trade up with the Rams for him.
                                Me too........

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information