Teams Looking to Move Up

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Teams Looking to Move Up

What are some teams that could be looking to move up in the draft?

I know the Dolphins are rumored to be looking at moving up to #3 for Tannehill, but who else?

Could a team move up in the early-mid 20's to select a Brandon Weeden or Brock Osweiler?

What about teams that want their choice of 2nd RB?

This is also where we could start seeing some of the DT and 3-4 OLB going off the board, so what teams are looking towards moving up for those players?

I think Jacksonville moves somewhere, either up for Blackmon with the Browns or down with a team going for Tannehill or a DT/DE. The Jaguars won't have an offensive player worth taking at 7, so moving either up or down in the draft should be the plan. Gabbert needs help on offensive at WR and OL, plus with 10 of the 11 defensive starters coming back next season I'm sure the team is targeting offensive with the 1st round pick.

"Just Win Baby"- Al Davis
    @SirStackAlot707

Comment

I don't think it's too likely because the Jets need the picks but I can see them moving up for Melvin Ingram. They do have a history moving up for a guy they like and I know they love Ingram.

Sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

What do you think about a team like the Rams moving up for a WR (assuming they don't take one at #6, a DT or OT?

Also, if Dontari Poe falls into the 20's, would the Colts consider moving up to get him?

Comment

Originally posted by RaiderNation View Post
          I think Jacksonville moves somewhere, either up for Blackmon with the Browns or down with a team going for Tannehill or a DT/DE. The Jaguars won't have an offensive player worth taking at 7, so moving either up or down in the draft should be the plan. Gabbert needs help on offensive at WR and OL, plus with 10 of the 11 defensive starters coming back next season I'm sure the team is targeting offensive with the 1st round pick.
          In 2010 the Jags defense was one of the worst in the league and the offense was decent. In the 2011 draft the Jaguars used their first 4 picks on offensive players.

Gene Smith does his own thing and anytime you think you are sure about what the Jaguars are going to do, it likely means you are wrong.

Comment

AJ Smith has been very aggressive in years past. It scares the crap outta me that he's gonna panic and move up for someone like Ingram or Upshaw.

Comment

Originally posted by Chargerfn909 View Post
              AJ Smith has been very aggressive in years past. It scares the crap outta me that he's gonna panic and move up for someone like Ingram or Upshaw.
              I've actually mocked them moving into the top ten and taking Ingram for a while now. Especially with Manning now in the division, I think AJ will have a strong desire to upgrade his pass rush at all costs.

Comment

Trent Baalke has both the history and ammo to move up if he has a target in mind.

They realistically have less than 5 roster spots available. It would be easy to "pencil in" a minimum of 50 guys already.

Comment

Originally posted by MI_Buckeye View Post
                  I've actually mocked them moving into the top ten and taking Ingram for a while now. Especially with Manning now in the division, I think AJ will have a strong desire to upgrade his pass rush at all costs.
                  Problem is, I am just not sold on Ingram (in OUR defense) to move up like that. There isn't a pass rusher I AM sold on in this draft. Someone like Perry could end up being the best pass rusher..

Comment

I agree. I can totally see the Chargers moving up anywhere from 4 to 8 spots to land a player they like.

Comment

Originally posted by mightytitan9 View Post
                      What do you think about a team like the Rams moving up for a WR (assuming they don't take one at #6, a DT or OT?

Also, if Dontari Poe falls into the 20's, would the Colts consider moving up to get him?
                      Pretty much like clockwork there is a team that trades back into the the end of the first. With the pats sitting with picks in that area, it seems that it is even more likey. However if. There is a guy bill is enamored with I could see us moving up. For whom, that is anyones guess.

For the colts, if polian was still there I would say there was no way in hell they trade up for a dt. I don't know enough about the new gm to get a good read.

I like the idea of the rams doing a small move up ala the lions for best if they see a receiver like jeffrey or hill sitting there.

Comment

If Brockers or Barron fall past 20 I can see the Pats using a third and the 27 to gets one of those....

if they do this than 31 will be traded down
                        Patriots Draft 2015
                        1. CB - Marcus Peters
                        2. WR - Sammie Coates
                        3. RB - David Johnson
                        3. DT - Angelo Blackson
                        4. OG - Tre Jackson
                        4. DE - Za'Darius Smith
                        5. LB - Ben Heeney
                        6. TE - Wes Saxton
                        7. OG - Jose Matais

Comment

Smart guy. I didn't even think of the Chargers as a trade up candidate yet. It's like I forgot their GM is an aggressive mofo....Big fan of AJ Smith eek f he's a touch crazy.

Comment

Working...
                          X

Debug Information