No announcement yet.

Janoris Jenkins Was Still Smoking at North Alabama

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Add Jenkins to the Make or Break/Roll the Dice list of players, right below Burfict.

Comment

Future Pac Man Jones right there.

Comment

Originally posted by jojo View Post
        Add Jenkins to the Make or Break/Roll the Dice list of players, right below Burfict.
        They don't compare. Jenkins has skills and is a very good football player. He's also an irresponsible idiot.

Burfict is a bad football player and is an idiot.

Comment

Originally posted by Abaddon View Post
          So...weed is a gateway to gun slinging?
          In JJ's case, i'd take that bet.

It's about character (or lack of), and he has given us all good reasons to think he is not responsible enough to handle a role in the NFL.

Comment

While everyone keeps talking about who's going to pull the trigger on Jenkins...I'm more concerned about who Jenkins is gonna pull the trigger on.
            -The Contrarian Proletarian

Comment

In terms of talent, I could make a strong argument that he's better than Claiborne. A little smaller than Mo, but otherwise just as good or better. When a kid is that good he doesn't fall that far - someone always takes a chance and looking at the lack of depth at CB this year, I doubt he gets out of the second round. He should be a top 15 pick on pure talent.

Comment

Seriously though, I can't see anyone taking the leap on Jenkins. Remember Pac Man Jones was a top 10 pick. That's with everyone knowing that he was a screw-up and degenerate. And that was in a year full of extremely talented DB's, I can name a dozen off my head that've been more successful than Jones. If Jenkins' talent was so undeniable, it wouldn't be an obstacle for him being a first round pick. The truth is, the guys personality just so greatly outweighs the fact that he's a decent cover corner.

Anyone picking this guy in the 1st round gets exactly what they deserve. Maybe a year, maybe two years of uninterrupted starter caliber football, followed by a slew of legal, marital, financial, and emotional issues. The guy is poison.

Comment

People forget the simple solution to this problem.... his contact. Just put a ton of fine/suspension clauses, revoke guaranteed money, etc. if he gets caught with weed.

With the rookie wage scale now he won't be making as close to as much as he would have before, and he has 4 kids who he needs to pay child support.

If he doesn't behave with all of that, then there are problems, but I would bet he does.

Comment

I'm not taking that bet, personally. And as I pointed out in another thread, even though the financial burden is no longer a factor, there's still the fact that by taking him you're passing on a number of other very solid candidates many of whom will be successful at the next level.

Comment

Originally posted by Asteinebach View Post
                      While everyone keeps talking about who's going to pull the trigger on Jenkins...I'm more concerned about who Jenkins is gonna pull the trigger on.
                      Are you from ******* castefootball? Or what is the deal here? He smokes pot and ***** bitches without a condom. He may be dumb as a rock but what have you seen or heard that automatically makes you jump to that conclusion?
                      Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdóttir is a goddess

Rest in Peace, themaninblack

Comment

He's the second best corner in the draft to me. I would pass up on Claiborne for a different need if I knew Jenkins would be there at my next pick.

Comment

Originally posted by duesouth View Post
                          In terms of talent, I could make a strong argument that he's better than Claiborne. A little smaller than Mo, but otherwise just as good or better. When a kid is that good he doesn't fall that far - someone always takes a chance and looking at the lack of depth at CB this year, I doubt he gets out of the second round. He should be a top 15 pick on pure talent.
                          Agree, he has tremendous ball skills, doesn't miss tackles. Is it a "risk" to take a player with his risky reputation in the 2nd? For most, yeah, but with the skillset he brings to the table he could be exceptional.

Comment

Originally posted by CDCB14 View Post
                            People forget the simple solution to this problem.... his contact. Just put a ton of fine/suspension clauses, revoke guaranteed money, etc. if he gets caught with weed.

With the rookie wage scale now he won't be making as close to as much as he would have before, and he has 4 kids who he needs to pay child support.

If he doesn't behave with all of that, then there are problems, but I would bet he does.
                            This is a valid argument that is made by a lot of well-rounded people. Almost all of us in this world have a sense of appreciation for our behavior and the rewards or consequences that go along with it.

But in cases like this we aren't talking about a well-rounded individual. We are talking about a young man who has some serious entitlement issues, who doesn't necessarily think rationally. We look at this guy and say, "He has responsibilities. He better stay straight, he has a career and babies to take care of." But the mere fact that we think this way is why we aren't in the position he is in in the first place. Will he change? Maybe. Can he change? Almost certainly. But if you ask any therapist what type of person is least likely to change their behavior on a deep level they will tell you a young man with entitlement issues.

Comment

BTW, I'm hoping the Browns take him with their second 1st rounder.

He and Haden together would be the bomb.

Comment

I may have missed something, but I didn't see any specific issues at North Alabama, so what are these Execs talking about? I agree with the assessment that Jenkins is borderline draft able based on his idiocy, just wondering if there are specifics about his time at North Alabama.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information