No announcement yet.

Guys Going Higher Than We Think?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alshon Jeffery is a logical first-round possibility that not many people are including in their mock drafts. It only takes one team, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Asteinebach View Post
      I just don't get it. Someone please explain to me why the 49ers are in need of a TE?

Vernon Davis and Delanie Walker should be enough. But you guys still have a 23 year old Nate Byham on roster too.
      That is at least a top 3 TE combo.

Comment

I've always had this feeling about Fleener going top 20 after that workout, but it's too hard to spot him on any one team. I think the Bears and Browns might be surprise teams that could pick him, who knows? After seeing what Graham and Gronk did last year people are gonna jump all over Fleener's potential.

A lot of people are talking Stephen Hill, but I see him as a solid 2nd rounder b/c of two things: 1-his rawness and lack of polish (and therefore huge bust potential) and 2-the quantity of quality receivers available this year: Blackmon, Floyd, Wright, Randle, Quick, Jeffery, Sanu.....this isn't like 2010 where there was Dez Bryant and Demaryius Thomas as the top 2 WRs - both being late first rounders with huge ?s.

Comment

Originally posted by SenorGato View Post
          That is at least a top 3 TE combo.
          Ah yes! But don't forget Pettigrew, Scheffler, and Heller.
          -The Contrarian Proletarian

Comment

David DeCastro

Comment

Originally posted by keylime_5 View Post
              .....this isn't like 2010 where there was Dez Bryant and Demaryius Thomas as the top 2 WRs - both being late first rounders with huge ?s.
              Good point. +Rep. All that being said, I've seen less talented and physically gifted WR's get drafted much higher than Hill is projecting. All I'm saying is don't be surprised if the Gen. Pop. has the WR rankings all wrong this year.
              -The Contrarian Proletarian

Comment

Just based on projections:

Derek Wolfe
                Joe Loomis
                Marvin Jones
                Chris Givens
                Demario Davis
                Jerel Worthy
                Billy Winn
                Josh Chapman
                Terrell Manning

Comment

Also, since it's been talked about in this thread:

When I see Ta'Amu, I see someone who's a much better 43 NT than 34 NT.

Comment

1. AJ Jenkins WR
                    2. Robert Turbin RB
                    3. Alshon Jeffery WR
                    4. Ronnie Hillman RB
                    5. TY Hilton WR

Comment

Originally posted by PiedmontPanther View Post
                      David DeCastro
                      He is going 11th.

Comment

Originally posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
                        Also, since it's been talked about in this thread:

When I see Ta'Amu, I see someone who's a much better 43 NT than 34 NT.
                        Agreed. I love him in a Pat Williams type role from his Minnesota days.

I'm not sure he is stout enough to be a Vince Wilfork type player in a 34

As for the thread;

My guess is Chris Rainey. I think someone could take him at the end of the second/start of the third

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig

Comment

Sounds like Stephon Gilmore is going to go higher than many expect. I think Buffalo might nab him at 10.

Comment

Bob Massie, Stephen Hill and Gilmore.

BK

Originally posted by AcheTen
                            JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
                            Originally posted by abaddon41_80
                            Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
                            Originally posted by JBCX
                            Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.

Comment

Good thread idea. This site gets a little to narrow minded sometimes. Stupid strange things happen in the draft every year that no one predicts. No one could have called Ponder last year going that high before the draft but after people found way to justify it.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                              Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy

Comment

Originally posted by Asteinebach View Post
                                I just don't get it. Someone please explain to me why the 49ers are in need of a TE?

Vernon Davis and Delanie Walker should be enough. But you guys still have a 23 year old Nate Byham on roster too.
                                They absolutely, positively do NOT "need" a TE. However...

1. Jim Harbaugh absolutely LOVES TEs, and often incorporates 3 on the field at once.
                                2. Delanie Walker is entering the final year of his contract.
                                3. Nate Byham is strictly the end-line "blocking" TE a la Justin Peele last season.
                                4. The Stanford connection.
                                5. Delanie Walker is only 6'. Fleener's 6'6" height is something the 49ers simply do not have in their arsenal. Prior to the addition of Moss, the 49ers likely had one of the shorter WR/TE corps in the NFL. Vernon Davis is/was their tallest receiving option at 6'3".
                                6. The 49ers could likely keep Walker or Byham as the #2 FB behind Bruce Miller.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information