April 11
    Tulane

April 15
    Dixie State

April 16
    Georgia

April 19
    Virginia Tech
    Last edited by Wootylicous; 03-04-2014, 04:58 PM.

#MoncriefArmy

Scouts from five NFL teams, as well as a coach from one — Philadelphia Eagles wide receivers coach Bob Bicknell — watched 18 players work out at Ole Miss’ pro day Monday. The workouts took place indoors and on field turf.

Donte Moncrief, who participated at the NFL Scouting combine, was among the 18 players who worked out, but three others looked like they were good enough to bring to camp as free agents.

Donte Moncrief, WR: Moncrief was weighed and measured (6-foot-2 3/8, 219 pounds) and did position drills only. Scouts said that he looked very, very impressive.

of course he did. #MoncriefArmy

#MoncriefArmy

Comment

Apparently Khalil Mack improved his 40 time to 4.54 at his proday, had hand clocked times as low as 4.45.

Comment

Originally posted by Wootylicous View Post
        Here we go.
        This is all happening so fast!!!

Comment

Yup, Moncrief didn't run but he looked great in drills.

A few other guys to watch:

-OT Pierce Burton had a solid day, 6-5 304 and ran a 5.18 with a 33 inch vert. I could see him surprising somebody and sticking at tackle, he is an athletic lineman and really improved in his time here.

-It wouldn't surprise me if WR Ja-Mes Logan was on an NFL roster next year. Has decent size, I didn't see the official measurements but probably 6-2 200, and ran a 4.52 today. He was a dependable guy for us and has some tools to work with.

-Charles Sawyer bounced around between CB and S for us but didn't play this year because of injuries and trouble. Was a very good player his first couple of years, but tailed off his final two seasons. Had a good day today though, ran a 4.43 with a 37.5 inch vert and 13 reps of 225.

-RB Jeff Scott's best time was a 4.43. Doubt he gets drafted, is very small and didn't do much until this year. He is a very good returner, that may get him a shot. He is an explosive player.

-I think ILB Mike Marry ran a 4.9, I haven't seen the official time. He weighed in at 256. Was a decent run stuffer in the middle and a great team player, but will probably be limited if he gets a shot in the NFL.

Comment

Originally posted by Don Vito View Post
            Charles Sawyer bounced around between CB and S for us but didn't play this year because of injuries and trouble. Was a very good player his first couple of years, but tailed off his final two seasons. Had a good day today though, ran a 4.43 with a 37.5 inch vert and 13 reps of 225.
            I really liked what I saw early in his career, I know he has some character red flags. What type of trouble has he gotten himself in?

Comment

Originally posted by Witten4HOF View Post
              I really liked what I saw early in his career, I know he has some character red flags. What type of trouble has he gotten himself in?
              He got a DUI this season and it was right when he was starting to get a healthy. That is never a good look, especially when you are one of supposed leaders of the team. Very similar to the Brandon Bolden situation a few years back.

Comment

Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                This is all happening so fast!!!
                Sticky this thread D por favor!

#MoncriefArmy

Comment

-OT Pierce Burton had a solid day, 6-5 304 and ran a 5.18 with a 33 inch vert. I could see him surprising somebody and sticking at tackle, he is an athletic lineman and really improved in his time here.

-It wouldn't surprise me if WR Ja-Mes Logan was on an NFL roster next year. Has decent size, I didn't see the official measurements but probably 6-2 200, and ran a 4.52 today. He was a dependable guy for us and has some tools to work with.

-Charles Sawyer bounced around between CB and S for us but didn't play this year because of injuries and trouble. Was a very good player his first couple of years, but tailed off his final two seasons. Had a good day today though, ran a 4.43 with a 37.5 inch vert and 13 reps of 225.

-RB Jeff Scott's best time was a 4.43. Doubt he gets drafted, is very small and didn't do much until this year. He is a very good returner, that may get him a shot. He is an explosive player.

-I think ILB Mike Marry ran a 4.9, I haven't seen the official time. He weighed in at 256. Was a decent run stuffer in the middle and a great team player, but will probably be limited if he gets a shot in the NFL.
                  Nice update, but don't forget to include the school a prospect is from.

Comment

Originally posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post
                    Nice update, but don't forget to include the school a prospect is from.
                    Those are all Ole Miss guys, should have clarified.

Comment

Anyone know how Garoppolo looked? And did Ford do LB drills?
                      Ohio State Buckeyes Duke Blue Devils New York Jets St. Louis Cardinals San Jose Sharks Seattle Mariners

Comment

Originally posted by thetedginnshow View Post
                        Anyone know how Garoppolo looked? And did Ford do LB drills?
                        Apparently Garoppolo did well. 31 of 32 NFL teams spotted at Northwestern Pro Day to watch EIU's Jimmy Garoppolo. JG and Jim Harbaugh warmed up for 45 minutes together.

Jim Harbaugh on Jimmy Garoppolo: "Quick release, yes, but sometimes too quick. You want to see him go through whole motion.

Garoppolo completed 29 of 39 passes at the pro day, and executed the level of workout that was expected of him.

#MoncriefArmy

Comment

Originally posted by Wootylicous View Post
                          Apparently Garoppolo did well. 31 of 32 NFL teams spotted at Northwestern Pro Day to watch EIU's Jimmy Garoppolo. JG and Jim Harbaugh warmed up for 45 minutes together.

Jim Harbaugh on Jimmy Garoppolo: "Quick release, yes, but sometimes too quick. You want to see him go through whole motion.

Garoppolo completed 29 of 39 passes at the pro day, and executed the level of workout that was expected of him.
                          Is that a typo? 29 of 39 sounds awful.
                          Ohio State Buckeyes Duke Blue Devils New York Jets St. Louis Cardinals San Jose Sharks Seattle Mariners

Comment

Originally posted by thetedginnshow View Post
                            Is that a typo? 29 of 39 sounds awful.

You'd have to see it to know for sure. It could be that his WRs just dropped balls they should have caught.

Comment

When I see times like this I really have to wonder how fast a track Mississippi's has. It makes it hard to accept those times. Of course, every NFL team has college's tracks pro rated based on past performances, unfortunately, those stats are unknown to us. I suspect you might have to add anywhere from .1 to .5 to those times to match up with Combine times.

Any reason why Moncrief didn't run?? Unless there is a medical factor, not running is the kiss of death for a prospect.
                              Last edited by Iamcanadian; 03-05-2014, 03:20 AM.
                              And proud of it!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information