2014 Bold Draft Predictions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fredder View Post
    The injury history is something I wasn't fully aware of and should be a concern. I'm not as worried about the suspension though. He seems like a smart guy with a degree in economics and from what I can tell it was an isolated incident.

With that said, Dennard has questions about his own injury history, Fuller as well, Verrett doesn't have ideal size and is coming off shoulder surgery (should be fine though), and Roby had an inconsistent year.

I'd say it's extremely unlikely but I don't think it's impossible.
    I don't think the injury "concerns" with Gaines will impact his stock. He has gone two years in a row playing every game.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

1. Shazier goes before Mosley and Barr

2. 3 QBs go top 5. Carr,Manziel and Bortles.

3. Arizona takes Carlos Hyde in the 1st.

4. Juwuan James goes before Tiny Richardson

5. Mcgill and Baptiste are gone by pick 40, as teams target big CBs.

Comment

The Rams WILL draft a Quarterback in the 1st RD.
        | Hawkeyes || Rams || Lakers || Braves || Avalanche |

Comment

Only two first round QBs: Blake Bortles and Derek Carr.

Comment

Agree with those saying that Tom Savage will not go nearly as high, as the hype atm might suggest. Would have picked the Jeremiah Attaochu in the first round, if that wasn't already taken.

Also:

- AJ McCarron will be selected in the 5th round or later.
            - Taylor Lewan will be drafted before Greg Robinson or Jake Matthews.
            - Colt Lyerla will be drafted in the 5th round or earlier.
            - CJ Mosley will slip out of the first round.
            - Florida State will have no players selected in round 1, but 4 or more selected in round 2.
            - Either the Cardinals or the Dolphins will make a pick, that will generally be considered the most surprising selection in round 1. (Think Bruce Irvin to Seattle type of weird.)
            Justin Tucker is a better and more productive NFL player than Brandon Graham.

Comment

Raiders shock everyone after the Top 4 goes completely against them, they pass on the QBs who are still available, and take Aaron Donald.

Rams have three first round picks. None of them are QB or WR.
              I'm doing a real job now...well, semi-real.

Check out my twitter @mrocchio42 and check out my radio show on wqqx1490am.com. I'm on every morning with Pro Football HoF voter and NFL regular season awards voter, Howard Balzer. It's always a blast from 9-11.

Comment

Originally posted by rockio42 View Post
                Raiders shock everyone after the Top 4 goes completely against them, they pass on the QBs who are still available, and take Aaron Donald.

Rams have three first round picks. None of them are QB or WR.
                Could definitely see Donald to Oak or Atl

Comment

First off this is a fun thread. Great idea and some good thoughts on this.

1) Aaron Donald goes top 10
                  2) Eric Ebron falls into the 20's
                  3) Odell Beckham Jr. goes in the top 15
                  4) DT's - Jernigan, Hageman, and possibly Nix all drop out of round 1
                  5) Only 1 RB drafted in the first 2 rounds. (probably Hyde)

Comment

Deone Bucannon is the 2nd saftey taken.

Comment

Originally posted by JourneyMan View Post
                      This one would certainly shock me. I think Ward could sneak up because guys who can center-field like him are always a hot commodity, but Bucannon is more of a SS so it would shock me if he out-and-out jumped Pryor.

Check out my twitter @mrocchio42 and check out my radio show on wqqx1490am.com. I'm on every morning with Pro Football HoF voter and NFL regular season awards voter, Howard Balzer. It's always a blast from 9-11.

Comment

Originally posted by superfly69 View Post
                        First off this is a fun thread. Great idea and some good thoughts on this.

1) Aaron Donald goes top 10
                        2) Eric Ebron falls into the 20's
                        3) Odell Beckham Jr. goes in the top 15
                        4) DT's - Jernigan, Hageman, and possibly Nix all drop out of round 1
                        5) Only 1 RB drafted in the first 2 rounds. (probably Hyde)
                        None of these would shock me.

Bitonio goes before Lewan.

Comment

Originally posted by JourneyMan View Post
                          This one would certainly shock me. I think Ward could sneak up because guys who can center-field like him are always a hot commodity, but Bucannon is more of a SS so it would shock me if he out-and-out jumped Pryor.
                          Deone was a center fielder for WSU... He was their whole defense. And journeyman got to this before me.

1. My boy, Deone, will be a first round pick.

Comment

Originally posted by zachsaints52 View Post
                            Deone was a center fielder for WSU... He was their whole defense. And journeyman got to this before me.

1. My boy, Deone, will be a first round pick.
                            I'm not doubting the fact that he played that style in college, William Moore was the same way at Missouri but moved to SS in the NFL, and I wonder if Bucannon is in a similar boat.

I'm also not disagreeing with him going in the 1st; just that he jumps both Pryor and Ward. I think three safeties go in the 1st. Just a question of who is the third IMO.

Comment

I'm not doubting the fact that he played that style in college, William Moore was the same way at Missouri but moved to SS in the NFL, and I wonder if Bucannon is in a similar boat.

I'm also not disagreeing with him going in the 1st; just that he jumps both Pryor and Ward. I think three safeties go in the 1st. Just a question of who is the third IMO.
                              I do think also three safeties, which is why mine didnt say Deone would go 2nd. I just think wherever Deone goes is going to get a Eric Weddle type player.

Comment

Originally posted by cmarq83 View Post
                                I reaaaaaaly don't think a high 2nd round QB makes sense for the Pats. I could see a late 1st, but the timeline of the rest of Brady's contract makes having a 4 year contract for a 2nd round pick pretty undesirable. If Brady retires at the end of his contract the rookie 2nd round pick would have 1 year to prove himself before the Pats would either have to franchise him by paying him top 5 QB money or extend him for big money. The 5th year option is a much better value, it could potentially extend the trial period, and save the Pats the money as well.

I think the spending the 1st on the QB makes more sense than using a 2nd on one, regardless of whether or not the Pats feel he'll be available in the 2nd.
                                I'm assuming he has fielding offers for Mallett which should bring back a bigger fish. I'm just lightly touching base with this but I don't want to kill this thread by flooding it about New England's situation.
                                Last edited by shylo3716; 04-24-2014, 02:33 PM.

Originally Posted by JoeJoeBrown
                                The most important thing, however, is how strong their swagger factors are.
                                Newton
                                South of the Mason Dixon +10 swagger
                                Barely literate +5 swagger
                                Thief +15 swagger
                                Kicked off of a team of thugs +20 swagger
                                Big, average speed -3 swagger
                                Hasn't done jacksquat on the field +15 swagger
                                Total Swagger: 62
                                ATL College Park Zone 3* +20 swagger Bonus pts

Comment

Working...
                                X