2014 Bold Draft Predictions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2014 Bold Draft Predictions

We are two weeks away from the draft. I want to hear your top five bold predicitons. Stick to predicitons that can be noted as right or wrong immediately after the draft. So no "Clowney is going to get 15 sacks as a rookie" or "Johnny Manziel is going to bust." That thread will come later.

1. Despite reportedly climbing up draft boards, Tom Savage will still be availbale when Day Two of the draft ends.

2. Jimmy Garoppolo AND Derek Carr go before Teddy Bridgewater who will be the 5th QB taken.

3. Round two will be a run on RBs and WRs with 14 picks coming from those positions.

4. Pissing off the Twitter draftniks, Seantrel Henderson goes undrafted.

5. UCF (three) has more players drafted than Florida (two).

Originally posted by SolidGold
    Bortlezzzzzzz
    Originally posted by Monomach
    Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 

Mine:

1) The Rams trade out of #2 to Cleveland then trade again with Atlanta and end up drafting #6.
    2) Cleveland takes Manziel at #2.
    3) Bortles go #1 overall to Houston.
    4) Still believe that Bridgewater goes top 10
    5) Garoppolo goes in late round 1 to Jacksonville after they trade back into round 1.
    Last edited by Iamcanadian; 04-24-2014, 11:14 AM.
    And proud of it!!!

Comment

Originally posted by jrdrylie View Post
      We are two weeks away from the draft. I want to hear your top five bold predicitons. Stick to predicitons that can be noted as right or wrong immediately after the draft. So no "Clowney is going to get 15 sacks as a rookie" or "Johnny Manziel is going to bust." That thread will come later.

1. Despite reportedly climbing up draft boards, Tom Savage will still be availbale when Day Two of the draft ends.

2. Jimmy Garoppolo AND Derek Carr go before Teddy Bridgewater who will be the 5th QB taken.

3. Round two will be a run on RBs and WRs with 14 picks coming from those positions.

4. Pissing off the Twitter draftniks, Seantrel Henderson goes undrafted.

5. UCF (three) has more players drafted than Florida (two).
      luckily seantrel will still have his dad rap career to rely on

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
      - No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
      - Corner or Wideout in the first
      - No reaching
      - No Kelvin Benjamin

Comment

#5 is pretty bold to say the least with Florida having 3 CB's likely drafted

Comment

Originally posted by Soapy Papoose View Post
          #5 is pretty bold to say the least with Florida having 3 CB's likely drafted
          Purifoy might not get drafted but Easley definitely will as will the other 2 CBs.

1. Blake Bortles won't be drafted until the 20s

2. The Rams will have 3 first round picks

3. Tom Savage won't go before the 4th round and will be at highest the 8th QB taken

4. Aaron Donald goes in the top 10

5. Odell Beckham Jr won't make it past 13

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig

Comment

1. Mike Evans will be drafted before Sammy Watkins.

2. Jimmy Garoppolo is available at the start of Day 3.

3. Michael Schofield goes earlier than expected (Round 2 or very early Round 3)

4. Louis Nix AND Timmy Jernigan fall out of the 1st round.

5. Phillip Gaines is one of the first 5 CBs drafted.

6. NO QBs go in the top 10.

I'm not sure how bold some of these are but they were the best I could think of. I won't be surprised if they're all wrong but I think they have a higher chance of happening than people think.

Comment

Edit: wrong thread ****

Have it your way, with BK (BoneKrusher)

Comment

New England trades out of the 1st, and uses their first 2nd on a QB

Comment

Originally posted by fredder View Post
                  1. Mike Evans will be drafted before Sammy Watkins.

2. Jimmy Garoppolo is available at the start of Day 3.

3. Michael Schofield goes earlier than expected (Round 2 or very early Round 3)

4. Louis Nix AND Timmy Jernigan fall out of the 1st round.

5. Phillip Gaines is one of the first 5 CBs drafted.

6. NO QBs go in the top 10.

I'm not sure how bold some of these are but they were the best I could think of. I won't be surprised if they're all wrong but I think they have a higher chance of happening than people think.
                  The only one with absolutely no chance is Phillip Gaines, long injury history and suspension, are bound to drop him.

I think the Schofield prediction is pretty likely to occur.
                  And proud of it!!!

Comment

I think this draft is a little too strong at RT for Schofield to go that high.

Comment

Originally posted by Iamcanadian View Post
                      The only one with absolutely no chance is Phillip Gaines, long injury history and suspension, are bound to drop him.

I think the Schofield prediction is pretty likely to occur.
                      The injury history is something I wasn't fully aware of and should be a concern. I'm not as worried about the suspension though. He seems like a smart guy with a degree in economics and from what I can tell it was an isolated incident.

With that said, Dennard has questions about his own injury history, Fuller as well, Verrett doesn't have ideal size and is coming off shoulder surgery (should be fine though), and Roby had an inconsistent year.

I'd say it's extremely unlikely but I don't think it's impossible.

Comment

If this isn't BOLD, I don't know what is!

1. Khalil Mack goes to Houston #1 Overall.

2. Both Safeties Clinton-Dix/Pryor will be selected before the 2nd CB comes of the board.

3. The team that will have the biggest WTF reaction after the selection will be the Dallas Cowboys.

4. Marqise Lee gets drafted by a former Pac-12 Coach.

5. Lamarcus Joyner goes in the 1st Round.

Originally Posted by JoeJoeBrown
                        The most important thing, however, is how strong their swagger factors are.
                        Newton
                        South of the Mason Dixon +10 swagger
                        Barely literate +5 swagger
                        Thief +15 swagger
                        Kicked off of a team of thugs +20 swagger
                        Big, average speed -3 swagger
                        Hasn't done jacksquat on the field +15 swagger
                        Total Swagger: 62
                        ATL College Park Zone 3* +20 swagger Bonus pts

Comment

Logan Thomas goes before AJ McCarron

Comment

1. The QB rumors are all smokescreens and 3 go in the top 10 to Cleveland, Jacksonville, and Minnesota. Teddy Bridgewater is not one of the 3. But he does go 1st round.

2. Aaron Donald does not get picked in the top 20. NYGiants, Chicago, and Dallas all pass on him.

3. Darqueze Dennard is the 5th CB off the board.

4. Dee Ford doesn't go in the top 55.

5. 14 WRs go in the first 2 rounds

6. Surprise 1st rounder: Jeremiah Attaochu, can go to any of the teams after 24.

Comment

Originally posted by Phins827 View Post
                              New England trades out of the 1st, and uses their first 2nd on a QB
                              I reaaaaaaly don't think a high 2nd round QB makes sense for the Pats. I could see a late 1st, but the timeline of the rest of Brady's contract makes having a 4 year contract for a 2nd round pick pretty undesirable. If Brady retires at the end of his contract the rookie 2nd round pick would have 1 year to prove himself before the Pats would either have to franchise him by paying him top 5 QB money or extend him for big money. The 5th year option is a much better value, it could potentially extend the trial period, and save the Pats the money as well.

I think the spending the 1st on the QB makes more sense than using a 2nd on one, regardless of whether or not the Pats feel he'll be available in the 2nd.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information