Manziel vs Cam Difference

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Manziel vs Cam Difference

Im just looking at the Johnny Manziel hype in this draft and cant help but think about the same people that are singing his praises about being something that they have never seen are the same people just three years ago tearing Cam Newton down. Back in 2011, when Cam was coming out there was talk that he would not last due to physical punishment even though he is 66 250llbs. Fast forward to this years draft and you have a 511 195llbs QB that is going to change the game.
    My question is why do you think Cam received so much more criticism the Manziel even though he was clearly the better prospect. Even the off the field issues with Johnny are receiving less press than those of Cam. Your thoughts.

So, you haven't been paying attention to the pre-draft process at all I see..........

Comment

This is like the 10th thread you've started trying to make pointless comparisons.

Comment

Originally posted by dregolll View Post
        the same people that are singing his praises about being something that they have never seen are the same people just three years ago tearing Cam Newton down.
        As someone who has had both of them as my avatar at one time or another, I officially declare this nonsense.

Comment

No one ever really questioned Cam's durability in the pros. But critics did acknowledge that Cam couldn't expect to run for over 1K yards a season in the NFL and stay healthy.

Most of the negatives predraft about Newton were from the neck up.

Comment

I loved Cam Newton and I love Manziel, end of story.
            And proud of it!!!

Comment

Cam newton was 10x the prospect that manziel

Comment

Manuel is a more developed pass but I'd give Newton everything else.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy

Comment

The more I think about it I think Kyle Shanahan could do some decent things witH Manziel.

Have it your way, with BK (BoneKrusher)

Comment

Originally posted by BuckeyeDan17 View Post
                    The more I think about it I think Kyle Shanahan could do some decent things witH Manziel.
                    Didn't he have his chance with Rg3

Comment

Originally posted by BuckeyeDan17 View Post
                      I don't like the idea of him playing in freezing temperatures at the end of every season

Comment

Originally posted by worldtheofend View Post
                        Cam newton was 10x the prospect that manziel
                        So I did a search and you have 163 posts that contain the word "Manziel," which is roughly half of your posts. Why do you put so much effort into talking about a player you hate? Don't you have any other draft interests?

Comment

Originally posted by Caulibflower View Post
                          So I did a search and you have 163 posts that contain the word "Manziel," which is roughly half of your posts. Why do you put so much effort into talking about a player you hate? Don't you have any other draft interests?
                          If I offend, ignore me. Keep it simple

Comment

Originally posted by worldtheofend View Post
                            If I offend, ignore me. Keep it simple
                            I'm not offended, I'm just curious as to why hating on Manziel gives you so much purpose. I didn't say I was offended, I said I didn't understand why you post so much about a prospect you don't like, to the extent that you literally hardly post about anything other than how you don't like Manziel. It's weird enough that I am genuinely curious, so I'm asking you: why have you been posting negatively about Manziel for months, and little else? It's got to be more than simply thinking that he's going to bust. There's quite a few guys I think will bust, and I say so in the relevant threads, but I'm here because the whole draft interests me, not a certain individual, specific player. Although, as you can obviously tell by my avatar, I'm having a good time riding the Manziel train. I think he's going to be great, by the criteria I use to evaluate quarterbacks (which has been pretty friggin' good thus far), so it's kind of doubly amusing to me that you put so much energy into bashing a prospect I think looks like a pretty solid bet to play well in the NFL.
                            Last edited by Caulibflower; 04-24-2014, 11:12 PM.

Comment

Worldtheofend has a very personal issue with Manziel that has nothing to do with his ability or lack thereof to play QB. That's quite obvious.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information