What do you think of the BUcs draft?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you think of the BUcs draft?

1) DE Gaines Adams, Clemson (other notable DEs- Simeon Rice, Kevin Carter)

2a) LG Arron Sears, Tennessee (other notable Gs- Davin Joseph, Anthony Davis)

2b) SS Sabby Piscitelli, Oregon State (Jermaine Phillips, Will Allen, Tanard Jackson)

3) MLB/OLB Quincy Black, New Mexico (Derrick Brooks, Cato June, Barret Ruud, Ryan Nece, Jamie Winborn, Adam Heyward)

4) FS Tanard Jackson, Syracuse (Jermaine Phillips, Will Allen, Sabby Piscitelli

5) DT Greg Peterson, North Carolina Central D2 (Chris Hovan, Kevin Carter, Ellis Wyms)

6) OLB Adam Heyward, Portland State 1AA (Derrick Brooks, Cato June, Ryan Nece, Jamie Winborn, Quincy Black)

7a) RT Chris Denman, Fresno State (Jeremy Trueblood, Anthony Davis)

7b) CB Marcus Hamilton, Virginia (Brian Kelly, Ronde Barber, Phillip Buchanon, Alan Zemeitis)

7c) RB Kenneth Darby, Alabama (Caddilac Williams, Michael Pittman, Earnest Graham, Mike Alstott, BJ Askew)
    Last edited by Bucs4242; 05-09-2007, 05:27 PM.

Why isn't Jackson playing CB for you guys? I always thought he could make a great cover 2 corner.

Comment

ehh, its growing on me

-sig by jkpigskin

Comment

Originally posted by Go_Eagles77 View Post
        Why isn't Jackson playing CB for you guys? I always thought he could make a great cover 2 corner.
        because we have alot of depth at CB

Ronde, Kelly, P. Buchanon, A. Zematis (4th rounder last year), S. Davis, T. Cox

yet have zero depth at FS. Plus we have starting caliber CB's and Will Allen is a below average starting S

-sig by jkpigskin

Comment

Too slow? I have heard he would just make a better corner in the Tampa 2.

Comment

I liked Jackson a lot, and I thought if we did draft him he would be a CB. However with our style of the Tampa-2, and his tackling skills in space and knowledge of zone coverages I think he will make a good safety.

Last year we drafted Alan Zemeites out of Penn State in the 4th round who was a very similar player as Tanard Jackson. We decided Zemeitis would be a CB.

I think it couldve gone either way with either guy, but like Black said we have better young depth at CB than we had 1 year ago when we drafted Zemeitis

Comment

Originally posted by -black View Post
              because we have alot of depth at CB

Ronde, Kelly, P. Buchanon, A. Zematis (4th rounder last year), S. Davis, T. Cox

yet have zero depth at FS. Plus we have starting caliber CB's and Will Allen is a below average starting S
              That makes sense... I was hoping the eagles would draft him in the 3rd round, I love his versatility.

Comment

That makes sense... I was hoping the eagles would draft him in the 3rd round, I love his versatility.
                Unfortuantly for Jackson, he will probably end up like Alan Zemaitis. Not getting any playing time and will be off the squad in a year or two.

Comment

i doubt it, I think Tanard will be starting by the end of the year

-sig by jkpigskin

Comment

Originally posted by -black View Post
                    i doubt it, I think Tanard will be starting by the end of the year
                    I sure hope so, I wanna see some youth injected.

Comment

I like their draft. Not only did they get talented guys but they got versatile guys who could project to a number of positions. Gaines Adams could play DE or OLB. Sears could play Guard or Tackle. Jackson can play CB or S. Black could play inside or outside.

Comment

I liked it. I thought it was about time Gruden put some effort into restocking the D, but he managed to grab a solid guard like Sears in round two to continue the OL makeover at the same time. A very nice crop all around, though Piscitelli makes me nervous (I've just never been a huge fan of his).

Comment

Originally posted by Who Dey View Post
                          I like their draft. Not only did they get talented guys but they got versatile guys who could project to a number of positions. Gaines Adams could play DE or OLB. Sears could play Guard or Tackle. Jackson can play CB or S. Black could play inside or outside.
                          Gaines and Sears cannot and will not play Linebacker or Tackle in the pros.

Comment

Originally posted by 24cadillac24 View Post
                            Gaines and Sears cannot and will not play Linebacker or Tackle in the pros.
                            I think Gaines has the athletic ability to play OLB, though he'll never do it for the Bucs due to our scheme, how-ever we will see him drop into coverage from his DE position as he did at Clemson.

As for Sears, I think he'll be a servicable back-up at RT at least, his versatility is one of his strong points IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Phrost View Post
                              Unfortuantly for Jackson, he will probably end up like Alan Zemaitis. Not getting any playing time and will be off the squad in a year or two.
                              Please explain?

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information