Sidney Rice in 2008

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sidney Rice in 2008

I'm arguing with a guy wo thinks that if Sidney Rice wouldn't have declared for this year's draft he should have been the #1 WR in the 2008 draft.
    I think there's no way he should have been ahead of Sweed, Manningham, Jackson and Bowman.
    What do you think?

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU

Sidney Rice was drafted so sorta a moot point..

Besides that, he would have been the top prospect from beginning of the year to the draft most likely. He was a more complete and dangerous receiver than any of those other guys.

When being a fanboi goes too far.

Comment

Way ahead of Sweed. Probably ahead of Bowman. Battling Manningham and Jackson for the top spot.

Comment

everyone is gonna say that since he ran a poor 40, he would have been a 2nd rounder

the guy would have had a great college year, and probably would have had a chance. tell your buddy there is no use arguing since you'll never know, but there was a decent chance he could have emerged as that #1, had eh decided to work on that 40 of his

Comment

I think you have to look at it in a Jarrett type of scenario though. All his production really didn't mean much when teams saw his 40 time. Should he have been rated or drafted higher? Probably, but it's something that I could see having happened to Rice as well.

Originally posted by Jakey
          WWWWWWWWWTTTTTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFFF!!!

i am literally gonna kick a baby to death!

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy View Post
            everyone is gonna say that since he ran a poor 40, he would have been a 2nd rounder

the guy would have had a great college year, and probably would have had a chance. tell your buddy there is no use arguing since you'll never know, but there was a decent chance he could have emerged as that #1, had eh decided to work on that 40 of his
            He's a Steve Spurrier WR. Nuff said.

Comment

He was taken after Ted Ginn, Dwayne Bowe, Craig Davis, Anthony Gonzalez. I don't think he could have had a chance of being picked before Jackson (who is better than Ginn), Manningham (who is better than Davis), Sweed (who I think could be on the level of Bowe next year) and Bowman (who is better than Gonzo).

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU

Comment

I think he would've been mid first rounder. He should've stayed...

Faithful Niner Fan

Comment

with a extra year you never know, but i dont think he would of went any higher than he did

Comment

Originally posted by Acreboy View Post
                    He was recruited before Spurrier got there. I can't see Sweed being drafted ahead of him, they're similar players but Rice has better production and is more polished.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

you cant be to sure where he would have gone.I thought he was overated coming inot this draft though.He would have been the #1 WR.BUt hed be a better prospect.
                      "The liberator who destroys my property, is fighting to save my spirit. The teacher who clears all possessions from my path will set me free."-Tyler Durden

Comment

Manningham, Jackson, and Malcolm Kelly are better prospects. But I'd say it's a toss up for fourth between him, Sweed, Monk, and some of those other big names for 2008. Doesn't really matter though b/c he was a 2nd rounder this year and that's that

Comment

Originally posted by Acreboy View Post
                          thats rediculous, he isnt a product of spurier.. see what he did freshman year? see what he did in HS?

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy View Post
                            thats rediculous, he isnt a product of spurier.. see what he did freshman year? see what he did in HS?
                            Misspelling ridiculous is ridiculous.

Spurrier's system makes WR's #'s out to be more than they actually are. It's a known fact.

Comment

I think he's gonna be the #1 reciever on the Vikings by the time the season starts.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information