Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What defensive rookies will have the most success in 2007?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What defensive rookies will have the most success in 2007?

All pre draft we've discussed which players are the best, but now that they're drafted and part of a system, who will have the most successs this season?

• Space Ghost
    replied
    I think that Paul Posluszny will have a huge year for the Bills knowing that he will start at MLB on day one. He has the ability to be this years DeMeco Ryans/Lofa Tatupu. If Brandon Meriweather starts for the Patriots at free safety I think he will win DROY.

Leave a comment:

• bergo23
    replied
    Weddle

Its easy to pick the first rounders, but Weddle gets 5 picks and makes a couple of game changers his first year as a safety in the league. All he did was make plays in college......and he will do the same on sundayz.

Leave a comment:

• CC.SD
    replied
    No matter what happens, Eric Weddle will have a better season than Terrence Kiel could ever dream of.

Leave a comment:

• HoopsDemon12
    replied
    Originally posted by SuperKevin View Post
    I think LaRon Landry will have a monster year because he's going to be allowed to play multiple schemes. Plus it'll be easy to rack up a ton of tackles from the secondary when nobody gets stopped by that horrible DL
    i think his impact will be more off the stat sheet personally.. btw havnt seen your post in awhile may be blind, but if not good to see you again

Leave a comment:

• SuperKevin
    replied
    I think LaRon Landry will have a monster year because he's going to be allowed to play multiple schemes. Plus it'll be easy to rack up a ton of tackles from the secondary when nobody gets stopped by that horrible DL

Leave a comment:

• Yung Flippa
    replied
    Patrick Willis, Anthony Spencer, Jon Beason & LaRon Landry

Leave a comment:

• underscore
    replied
    Originally posted by BufFan71 View Post
    my vote is Paul Pozluszny....
    mlb's rack up alot of stats
    He may not have the most upside of other rookie LBs, but he's by far the most ready for the NFL, having played ILB and OLB, 3-4 and 4-3, and being the student of the game that he is.

Leave a comment:

• BufFan71
    replied
    my vote is Paul Pozluszny....
    mlb's rack up alot of stats

Leave a comment:

• dcarey20
    replied
    Again, I already said that Jon Beason is my pick for DROY, I became a big fan of his before the draft, and I think he'll be a stud for Carolina.

LaRon Landry and Gaines Adams are both guys that should have a lot of early success.

Some middle rounders that I think can make early impacts are Ray McDonald for the Niners, Tank Tyler for the Chiefs, and Josh Wilson for the Seahawks.
    Last edited by dcarey20; 06-03-2007, 01:03 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Stiller
    replied
    Originally posted by sodar21 View Post
    Vilma has struggled in the 3-4 and Bruschi isn't that great (although thats more of an age thing).
    Vilma has only played in it for 1 season and still posted 100+ Tackles..

The big difference? Look at Vilma's 3 DL... He's shedding blocks constantly.

Leave a comment:

• sodar21
    replied
    Originally posted by Mr. Stiller View Post
    Huh?

How is Timmons too small for ILB?

he's 6'0 234lbs. He's going to be a WLB/WILB guy.. Like Bart Scott.

Scott is only 6'2 240lbs.
    Lewis is only 6'0 250lbs.
    Dqwell Jackson is like 5'11 240lbs
    Donnie Edwards is 6'1 228lbs.(Mack LB for San Diego)
    Bruschi is 6'1 244lbs
    Jon Vilma is 6'1 230lbs

Timmons is average size for the position. It's his demeanor.

Again though, Timmons will be playing Mack in a season or 2, we'll be adding another DE/OLB in next years draft. Giving us a young group with Foote, Woodley Timmons and 2008 draft pick.

I give Woodley the nod because they're going to let him loose in obvious passing situations, in which he'll be perfect on the other side of Aaron Smith. Giving us... Woodley, Smith, Hampton and Keisel.. thats a very tough and underrated DL.

We normally only play 4-3 in obvious passing downs. And for the umpteenth million time... we're not playing a 4-3 this season as a base or oft-used defense.
    Vilma has struggled in the 3-4 and Bruschi isn't that great (although thats more of an age thing).

Leave a comment:

• T-Rat42
    replied
    Does Chad Greenway count as a rookie? haha

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Stiller
    replied
    Originally posted by remix 6 View Post
    if they run a 3-4 Timmons isnt anywhere near surrest thing. Hes small for inside and hes a pass rusher..at outside hes even more in a disadvantage
    Huh?

How is Timmons too small for ILB?

he's 6'0 234lbs. He's going to be a WLB/WILB guy.. Like Bart Scott.

Scott is only 6'2 240lbs.
    Lewis is only 6'0 250lbs.
    Dqwell Jackson is like 5'11 240lbs
    Donnie Edwards is 6'1 228lbs.(Mack LB for San Diego)
    Bruschi is 6'1 244lbs
    Jon Vilma is 6'1 230lbs

Timmons is average size for the position. It's his demeanor.

Again though, Timmons will be playing Mack in a season or 2, we'll be adding another DE/OLB in next years draft. Giving us a young group with Foote, Woodley Timmons and 2008 draft pick.

I give Woodley the nod because they're going to let him loose in obvious passing situations, in which he'll be perfect on the other side of Aaron Smith. Giving us... Woodley, Smith, Hampton and Keisel.. thats a very tough and underrated DL.

Originally posted by Phrost
    They will play ALOT of 4-3 this year. Getting ready for that transition.
    We normally only play 4-3 in obvious passing downs. And for the umpteenth million time... we're not playing a 4-3 this season as a base or oft-used defense.

Leave a comment:

• KBN570
    replied
    Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post
    Why are so many people saying this? I think Spencer is in for a very rough transition. Especially his first year. Thats assuming he becomes a good player at all which I'm not completely sold on.

But then again I was worried about Bobby Carpenter his rookie year and we see how that turned out for now.

I think after Kamerion Wimbley's success in 2006, folks expect athletic defensive ends to be monsters at OLB in a 3/4... I'm rooting for Spencer, but only time will tell if Wimbley's success is an anomoly.

(exkuse mi pour speeling)

Leave a comment:

Working...
X

Debug Information